• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More new Pokémon appear: 2ch leak of CoroCoro reveals silhouetted Pokémon, demo Pokém

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More new Pokémon appear: 2ch leak of CoroCoro reveals silhouetted Pokémon, demo P

There is a post on Pokebeach that could explain Munna and it's evo:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=80774&pid=1586599#pid1586599

The only similarity between those is that they both have a floral pattern, and I am sure that the incense burner probably comes in other patterns, whereas a Baku is a a dream eating/walking Tapir, which is what Mumma is. The thing coming off the top isn't incense but probably like a visible dream energy when it connects to other people.

Perhaps it has some basis in it, but the Baku definitely weighs more on its inspiration.

Re: More new Pokémon appear: 2ch leak of CoroCoro reveals silhouetted Pokémon, demo P

The only similarity between those is that they both have a floral pattern, and I am sure that the incense burner probably comes in other patterns, whereas a Baku is a a dream eating/walking Tapir, which is what Mumma is. The thing coming off the top isn't incense but probably like a visible dream energy when it connects to other people.

Perhaps it has some basis in it, but the Baku definitely weighs more on its inspiration.

They don't have to follow a design completely. They could have styled it like a tapir from it being sleep related. And incense is calming.

Maybe it's a subversion of the tradition?

I gotta say, the new characters and Pokemon look way better than the ones revealed during the Oha Suta broadcast from two weeks ago. The way things are shaping up, B/W definitely doesn't seem like a rehash anymore.

I'm also highly interested in the differing locations in the games. I've been waiting for that stuff for a long time now and I'm glad Game Freak is finally going through with it.

And we have a new move announced, which works like Embargo and Trick Room combined.

Gochiruzeru is now the gothic pokemon and the cell pokemon is now Rankurusu. Apparently serebii got the names mixed up. Just an FYI

Gochiruzeru is now the gothic pokemon and the cell pokemon is now Rankurusu. Apparently serebii got the names mixed up. Just an FYI

Yeah, I was just about to mention that. People had been pondering for a while if those names might have been accidentally switched.

You have it backwards.

And we have a new move announced, which works like Embargo and Trick Room combined.
Hopefully it will last longer than triick room.

That possessed chipmunk thing at the bottom looks like something that will be on equal level to the awesomness of Bidoof.

This post is amazing.

Also, that eagle thing looks totally awesome. I'm totally thinking it's not going to be a non-evo, with any luck. And hopefully, no more of that Normal/Flying bull.

It is a normal/flying

It's crap.

that's not a bad typing though, just overused.

You have it backwards.
Actually, no. As I mentioned in another thread:
Shiron said:
As said, Serebii has one more pic than Pokebeach right now--the one marked "Foe Gochiruzeru used Magic Room" at the bottom of the latest update. From what I've read when that pic was first noticed on the Smogon forums, that title comes from the text that's on the left image under that heading. The goth-loli is clearly the foe in that shot, so therefore it must be Gochiruzeru if that's correct; that's what caused Serebii to update, saying the names were mixed up.

Because of that, until WPM himself wakes up/comes back online and updates with hat pic and says what's up with it, I'm really more tempted to lean with Serebii here.

Edit: In order to clear this up a bit more, looking at the screenshots, other than the one that Serebii had just posted, none of the shots actually show Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru visible, and with their names next to them. In other words, the names were leaked through rumors and such before the leaks, but there were no screenshots to actually clear up which was which. Therefore, people just assumed that Gochiruzeru would be the green-thing because "zeru" looked like a corruption of "cell", which it resembled, and then assumed that the goth-loli must have been Rankurusu. However, now we have an actual screenshot showing them, with one of their names visible (which only Serebii has up right now). As it turns out, that screenshot apparently shows that we guessed the Pokemon associated with the names wrong (and therefore, quite possibly their origins as well), and they in fact go with the opposite Pokemon.

tl;dr--Fans jumped to conclusions of which was which before we actually had screenshots showing that, and now that we have one, it turns out we got it wrong.

Of course, this is assuming that that translation for the screenshot is correct, but since Serebii actually posted it, I'd say there's a high chance that it's right (but I don't know Japanese myself, so I can't say for sure).

Okay, so I jsut looked over the scans again and...

wow, it actually looks like I was wrong this whole time.

My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom