• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most dramatic scene in an anime/manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
There are some anime/manga out there which have scenes that are just so powerful you can't help but just stand back in awe, and possibly even give a round of applause at the end. I'm not talking about melodramatic, which takes it over the top. I mean the kind of epic that isn't too over-blown that it's just ridiculous.

Which scene in an anime/manga strikes you as being the most dramatic?

For me, it would have to be a scene in the final episode of Sound of the Sky (Sora no Woto) - the final "Amazing Grace" scene.
Although it defies all logic in that it would delay soldiers etc; the power of the scene was beautiful; it wasn't over the top, it was an incredibly beautiful scene that followed a rather frantic, desperate one. Perfectly executed.

Clannad: After Story. The end of episode 16. [/THREAD]

Sorry to drop this bomb so early in the thread, but it's the only scene in anime that has affected me so.

From the "Phoenix: Chapter of Ho-Ou" movie:

When Gaou gets his arm severed off after Akanemaru revealed that it was he who injured his arm years ago. Then Gaou is thrown out of the temple to weakly leave town all by himself as people stare at him, and this incredibly saddening and deep music plays during all of this.

I doubt anyone here knows what I'm talking about.

In an anime full of dramatic scenes, I guess I'll go with the obvious Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

End of episode 11 was probably the most dramatic scene in the whole series, in my opinion.

Sorry to drop this bomb so early in the thread, but it's the only scene in anime that has affected me so.

This is one of the most dramatic scenes I've seen too. The second would be:

Ushio dying as well. Poor Tomoya!

Okay, so I'm not a big anime fan, so don't hate me for bringing these up (also, SPOILER ALERT):

Goku's deaths in DBZ.

The first time around, it was just a massive shock. The protagonist of a 153-episode series, killed in the fifth episode of the sequel series? And in combat with his brother no less. Not to mention there are two more even more powerful evil warriors coming. It's just a major "OH SHIT" moment.

The second time is really sad. Gohan feels it's all his fault because he didn't just finish off Cell when he had the chance, and instead wanted him to suffer. So Goku ends up having to make the ultimate sacrifice by teleporting the self-destructing Cell as far away from Earth as he can manage- Kaiosama's planet. (This also leads to a Crowning Moment of Funny.) And then, when the battle seems won, Cell regenerates and teleports back to Earth, even more powerful thanks to his Saiyan genes and the zenkai power-up, kills Trunks, almost kills Vegeta and disables one of Gohan's arms (recalling Goku's fight with King Piccolo), and begins to gather the chi for a Kamehameha wave capable of destroying not just the Earth, but the entire solar system. Vegeta then apologizes for his rash actions. WAT. Gohan, bidden by Goku's spirit in the Other World, begins to charge his own Kamehameha to counter- using his only good arm (again recalling Goku's fight with King Piccolo), and Goku manages to talk Gohan through overpowering Cell (with the help of a Big Bang Attack courtesy of Vegeta), destroying him to the last cell (hah). And then when they try to wish Goku back, he refuses, stating that all the recent threats to Earth have been indirectly brought on by him, leaving Gohan without a father again (and it's later revealed that Chi-chi has another son on the way). It's a very bittersweet ending.

The last episode of Death Note

The anime differs from the manga, but I'm saying about the anime here. Light Yagami finally falls against Near and runs away, recalling his past moments (perhaps thinking what might have been for him if he didn't have the Note.) He goes into another broken down warehouse, lies on the staircase, and dies as Luke wrote his name on the Note. I like how an illusion of L appeared just before Light died.

It's not just the last episode that made me applause. The whole story itself was very fascinating that my jaw dropped open, and stood up to clap wildly when I was alone at home. Up till now, Death Note marks the best, dramatic anime in my heart.

In the manga version of NANA...

When Ren dies. Just....oh my god. The energy...just...I can't even describe it.

second this.

also, FMA chapter 104 or episode 61 from brotherhood.

cue HSQ going up exponentionally

the AIR finale. IMO, Clannad just doesn't compare.

Oh god, and now that I think about it, it's even sadder now since Tomoko Kawakami (the voice of Misuzu) died just a couple months back. Despite this, it's not entirely depressing, even a little uplifting afterwards, yet not in any way that feels like a total cop-out [cough]Clannad[cough].

Also, the ending to Texhnolyze.... holy shit. A friend of mine recommended this one to me, and I'm glad he did.

Ace's death
in One Piece was pretty bloody shocking. I remember my jaw literally dropping when I read it, and again when I watched the anime's take on it.

Ace's death
in One Piece was pretty bloody shocking. I remember my jaw literally dropping when I read it, and again when I watched the anime's take on it.

oh yeah, forgot to mention that one. I already read it in the manga, but that still didn't keep the anime version from getting to me.

For me, End of Evangelion when
Asuka's Evangelion has just run out of power, but it's OK! She defeated the Mass-Production Evangelions, even though she has lost an eye. But, the MP EVAs reactivate, and Asuka sees them flying above her. She starts to move her arm, and suddenly, her EVA also starts moving. Both Asuka and EVA are reaching towards the MP EVAs. She starts repeating "I'll kill you." over and over. And then the MP EVAs swoop in and attack the immobile EVA Unit-02 and tear it to pieces

oh, I just remembered another one: the final episode of Uta~Kata... like, pretty much everything after the eyecatch up until a certain insert theme stops playing. Just, wow... I especially give it points for being an epic finale, yet managing to pull it off with extremely little action involved (watch it, you'll see what I mean).

With One Piece, it's hard to choose the most dramatic scene, but ones that stand out in my mind are the walk to Arlong Park, the gathering at Enies Lobby, and...

Ace's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom