• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most regreatable trade you ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber Jet

Something for nothing
Reaction score
Well we have all here probly traded cards once in a while or all the time but some times we get ripped off or find out how good that card you traded realy was.

So post your most regreatable trades here

mine was not realy a trade but more of selling a deck.

I sold about 190 cards(inculding 3 LVXs and my main deck plus alot of extra cards) for 30$ but after that i never got in to TCG agein realy and all i have is a little stash of some cards i got from somewhere or ones that iv just found lieing around.

When i was little, my brother talked me into trading my base set chansey for an alakazam card that he drew on a piece of paper... still havent gotten over that

Once traded a Luxray GL Lv.X and a Shiny Voltorb for a Flygon Lv.X
Once traded a Luxray GL Lv.X and two Roseanne's Research for a Blaziken FB Lv.X.

Shoot me.

I traded my amazing old holo Typholsion card for a Wigglytuff. And it wasn't even holo.

Then, I gave my first Ex card away to an old friend. A year ago they told me that they threw it into a fire :/

Same as you 1337, all of my cards for $30... In hindsight, it was a good move, less closet space taken up with useless (to me) things.

I was tricked to give away my Charizard card for some fake card I don't remember. Luckily,I got a new Charizard card soon.

My Giratina (Platinum) for someone's POP Buneary.

Mine was a holographic Neo Genesis Skarmory that I traded for a holographic Misdreavus. The Skarmory had huge sentimental value to me, as it was my first ever holographic card. I did get it back a few days later, though.

More memorable is the trade I've done that the OTHER person probably regretted the most. I found an old Beyblade, and convinced them that it was rare and traded it for their holographic base set Charizard.

I'm a horrible person.

I love being smart now. Even with my 6 year old brother, I make sure trades are fair. I trade with value
1 Common = 1 Point
1 Uncommon = 2 Points
1 Rare = 3 Points
1 Rare+ (EX/Lv.X/Prime/etc) = 4 Points.

I just don't tell him when a certain card is really good *looks at my Rare Candy and Roseanne's Research) but I offer him a nice shiny to entertain him, and he's cool.

I can't remember much of the trades I did when I was younger. I certainly don't regret trading any of my Charizards - I kept on getting LOADS. I remember one guy was so desperate for one, he traded me his Movie 1 Dragonite promo (I loved that illustration).

I love being smart now. Even with my 6 year old brother, I make sure trades are fair. I trade with value
1 Common = 1 Point
1 Uncommon = 2 Points
1 Rare = 3 Points
1 Rare+ (EX/Lv.X/Prime/etc) = 4 Points.

I just don't tell him when a certain card is really good *looks at my Rare Candy and Roseanne's Research) but I offer him a nice shiny to entertain him, and he's cool.

I can't remember much of the trades I did when I was younger. I certainly don't regret trading any of my Charizards - I kept on getting LOADS. I remember one guy was so desperate for one, he traded me his Movie 1 Dragonite promo (I loved that illustration).

That dragonite is worth far less than Craizard though...

That dragonite is worth far less than Craizard though...
I kept on getting loads of Charizard; no kidding. Even, about 4 years ago, I brought a Base Set booster for nostalgia.

What did I get?

When I was little I traded my brand new shiny Blastoise card (from the second set of cards I ever got) for a Tangela.

I STILL don't know why I did that. But at least I got another Blastoise sometime down the line.

Zapdos for Rocket Rattata.

I was told that Rockets were 'super rare'.

When I, 2 weeks later, got my hands on my first Rocket booster pack I realised I'd been swindled.

I lol`ed on how bad you got ripped off there.

I kinda do feel sorry for you at the same time thought.

My Holo Moltres for a Dark Pupitar....:bawl:

Zapdos for Rocket Rattata.

I was told that Rockets were 'super rare'.

When I, 2 weeks later, got my hands on my first Rocket booster pack I realised I'd been swindled.

technically rockets cards were rare... if they were out of the gym leaders packs. It may not have been a swindle as much as a misunderstanding on the other persons part... probabaly a swindle though

Last edited:
Traded my complete shadowless holo base set only the holo's

For a Sycther ex

it was my first ex i thought they were the rarest cards ever he told me it was worth like £1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom