• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Underrepresented Types

What type do you think needs more pokemon the most?

• Normal

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Fire

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Water

• Electric

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Grass

• Ice

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • Fighting

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Poison

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Ground

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Flying

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Psychic

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Bug

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghost

Votes: 43 18.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Steel

Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters
I voted for Flying. Because, well, there really are NO pure Flying type Pokemon, are there? So it is VERY underrepresented.

Steel and Electric.
I like those types but I want more pure steel types and more dual typed Electric.

For Electrics, I think they should start making more dual-type ones... I think we have too many plain Electric types. I kinda feel the same way for Fire types, but the main issue that I have with them is their availability. Having Ponyta being available towards the very beginning (just above Oreburgh) was a nice change of pace from what they usually have, and I'd like to see more of that for any Fire type.

Poison types are also something that I think they should work on, and Poison type attacks in general too... I thought Stunky and Skunktank were pretty awesome Poison types, because their Dark dual-type made them immune to Psychic attacks, which woulda killed 'em if they were just Poison or had any other dual-type.

For being a starter type, fire doesn't have that many options, compared to Water and Grass.

I vote fire.

You know what we need? A Fire/Psychic... and this doesn't have to apply to starters either. It's a type combo that hasn't even been used yet, and it'd be just as kick-ass as a Fire/Fighting.

I think dark types need more attention, they don't get a move above 80 power, or even their own gym leader.

Ghost: has the least amount of pokemon.
Fire should have more, it should be more common
Too much water.
Also grass and flying >.>

Normal water and flying-too many, bug-not enough good ones-GF, Yanmega is not enough, and besides, yanmega is still sorta gay!

Scizor, Armaldo, and Forretress say hi.

Anyway, I voted Steel. There are plenty of Pokés with Steel as a secondary type, but only one non-legendary that's pure Steel. I think a pure Steel could be very interesting, what with having so many resistances and only two advantages.

My second vote would be Ice... I wants more Ice types :(

No surprise fire is winning given Gen IV's total neglect of them.

TBH, I find the variety and overall quality of our bug types to be limited.

hmmm...

poison, fire, and electric. poison is almost always paired up with something like grass, and there really aren't that many good poison moves.

fire, well, you guys know.

same with electric

Hmm.. I would go for a few more special types, like fire, water, ice, steel and maybe a few more grass types. We have way too many normal/flying/bug types in the game already.

Voted Ghosts :D

But really, we need some more of them. Plus more Ice, Dark, Steel, Bug, and Dragon. Maybe Fire.

- BTW, I wonder who voted Water? I'm pretty sure Water types make up almost 70% of the Pokemon population

- BTW, I wonder who voted Water? I'm pretty sure Water types make up almost 70% of the Pokemon population

They probably did it for laughs. Because everyone knows there are a whole lot-if not too many- Water types.

Ew why do people want more stupid, overused, overpowered dragons?

More Bug/Fire/Ice

Ew why do people want more stupid, overused, overpowered dragons?

Because they are RPG cliches that need to happen in my opinion.

I only want those four. After that, I don't care.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom