• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Useless Game Feature?

Back in G/S/C, the mail system actually had some meaning, as you could type out individual characters. Also, I don't understand why they took slots away from everybody and not just Europeans, as we don't have any law for that in the US, and I don't think there is one in Japan. So… WTF? o_O

Because the US and Intl. English versions are basically the same version with the difference of the presence of the ESRB notice. They don't even bother to edit the American vs British English differences to the games, and units are left to imperial units.

I liked Flip a lot more than the luck based slots. But that's an opinion.

Even worse than Mail in the games - EZ Mail on the Pokémon Global link. Almost the entire letter structure is there and you pick a Pokémon name to fill in each gap. Unfortunately, you can only pick things in your synchronized game's Pokédex, so if you don't have the National Pokédex you can't even accurately fill in the letter regarding the Pokémon you got most recently in the Dream World.

Back in G/S/C, the mail system actually had some meaning, as you could type out individual characters. Also, I don't understand why they took slots away from everybody and not just Europeans, as we don't have any law for that in the US, and I don't think there is one in Japan. So… WTF? o_O

Because the US and Intl. English versions are basically the same version with the difference of the presence of the ESRB notice. They don't even bother to edit the American vs British English differences to the games, and units are left to imperial units.
Well, they did specifically edit the Game Corner for European versions of Platinum, and edited Registeel's sprite for non-English European versions (which is less relevant than the former). It seems that the lack of gambling just crept up every game since Pt; Europe only, all non-Japanese releases, all regions.

I did too, but it would've been nice if we could still buy Game Coins.

Do European countries get the ESRB notice taken out? In Australia it's been kept in for all our games.
At least it isn't in my European Pt or Black, but it is in my American SS.

Well, they did specifically edit the Game Corner for European versions of Platinum, and edited Registeel's sprite for non-English European versions (which is less relevant than the former). It seems that the lack of gambling just crept up every game since Pt; Europe only, all non-Japanese releases, all regions.

Oh, derp. Forgot about the "game machines". The Hitler pose was an obvious mistake they probably caught too late to be removed from the other games, I think.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...

Ever since they yanked the option to buy the Game Coins in HG/SS, the Game Corner has been pretty slagging useless. I suck at the games, so I'd just save my money and get the coins I needed by buying them. But since I can't do that, I never go in there. Completely and utterly useless.

Super Contests, Pokeathlon, and Pokemon Musicals are by far the most pointless things to do in the games.

well a lot of the post plot unova right half isn't very much besides cynthia kruyem and older pokemon. hmm anything wi-fi related to me because I don't have it so no use of it or me.

I almost never use the withdraw and deposit functions in the PC systems. And the capsules in DPP would have been cute, if you could move your pokemon around from PC to team without the annoyance of taking them off first.

Mail definitely
If it wasn't for the phone I wouldn't have people to train against , but it's still pretty annoying getting random calls from Joey bragging about his Rattata.

Seal and capsules, I don't get why you need to give your poke balls fancy designs.

Dressing up your Pokemon and accessories and Musicals

Oh god mail. I never used it, although finding one in RSE was kind of cute. Otherwise, I never saw much purpose in it.

The save feature
Probably mail. Or the Wifi plaza in Platinum. So stupid and unless. Bl

withdraw and deposit functions in the PC when move is much better, mail, Musicals (at least Contests had a winner, and you could earn ribbons to get into that one place in d/p/pt

Why was mail even put in the games...? You can't move Pokemon when it's being held and the messages are so restrictive. So pointless.

I say the useless feature in the game is having only 4 moves... in the anime you have like 100 freaking moves learn in one pokemon.

I'm honestly surprised they still have the Withdraw and Deposit functions at this point. You'd think with all of the streamlining they've been doing they'd have gotten around to this.

I definitely agree with the Withdraw/Deposit functions.

The mail system was fun, but rather limited.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom