• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Flareon should be able to learn Flare Blitz. I mean it has a part of its name in the move and this is also the one move that could actually make Flareon useable. Also the Nidoroyals should have gotten Drill Run.

About Drill Run, I don't think it's neccecary unless their prevos have it in their Level-Up moveset, and Nido(king/queen) got EQ as a Level-Up move.

About Flare Blitz, I feel your pain. He's been needing that move for a long time. I mean, even Entei got it, and his Attack is worse than Flareon's.

And Flareon has many chances to get it too. It was even shafted with the whole dream world thing. Entei learning it gets weirder since i heard a theory that the legendary beasts were previously the three original eevee evos until they died and Ho-oh revived them.

And Flareon has many chances to get it too. It was even shafted with the whole dream world thing.

I hope that Game Freak gives him Flare Blitz in Gen6, or at least, in the inevitable Grey.

Hell, I should write them and ask them if they can give ol' Booster the move he's always wanted.

Steel_Justice said:
Flareon should be able to learn Flare Blitz. I mean it has a part of its name in the move and this is also the one move that could actually make Flareon useable. Also the Nidoroyals should have gotten Drill Run.

Except Flareon is called Booster in Japan, while Flare Blitz is called "Flare Drive" in Japan. You don't get "Booster" from either of those names.

I don't think the fact that the Japanese names may not perfectly fit should be any reason to deny a pokemon of a move.

Ampharos's tail can glow akin to a firefly. Flareon is a fire type, and can therefore use fire.

You know what really bugs me is when they show a pokemon able to learn a move in the anime and yet it's not possible in the game. Scizor was shown to be able to fly in the anime when training Ash's Gliscor and Cynthia's Garchomp is also shown to be able to fly and yet none of these pokemon can learn the move Fly in the game :mad:

Also I find it annoying with pokemon that have very shallow movepools like my Flareon. In gen V the only Physical fire attacks my Flareon can use is Fire Fang and Flame Charge, as Flareon's main stat is Attack. These moves are weak and not entirley accurate, so at least a Flare Blitz would have been nice.

I also believe the move Counter should be more available to Dark types like my Absol and my Zoroark instead of having to obtain them via breeding.

Has anyone also noticed that a lot of TM's have been scrapped for breeding and level up only moves like Sleep Talk and Roost. Also that there are no more shard or battle frontier move tutors. The movepool is getting lesser and lesser, which may disappear altogether if they keep this up :(

I think it's more annoying that the anime takes the liberty to give Pokemon whatever move they want (and make up new moves not to mention...). I don't think it's the games' fault that Scizor can't fly.

On the other hand, Garchomp should definitely be able to Fly, especially since its Pokedex claims it can fly. Also Ampharos should get Tail Glow, seriously. Sometimes it's just the difference in translation that we think a move should or shouldn't be given to certain Pokemon (i.e. Hoppip and Buneary with Splash?), but as far as I know, Fly and Tail Glow are exactly the same in Japanese and English, so Garchomp and Ampharos deserve those moves.

Fly and Tail Glow are exactly the same in Japanese and English, so Garchomp and Ampharos deserve those moves.

Sky Jump (alternative translation) and Firefly Light respectively, the latter was even mentioned a few posts back.

Also to clarify Garchomp doesn't actually fly, more like a leaping and gliding type effect. Yes the dex says that it flies, but it could simply be misjudged technicality.

AHA!!

Power Trick. On Flareon. Now he can take Physical hits the way Umbreon does, can still take Special hits well, and can use his own Special Attacks better than he belielved was possible.

I don't think the fact that the Japanese names may not perfectly fit should be any reason to deny a pokemon of a move.

Ampharos's tail can glow akin to a firefly. Flareon is a fire type, and can therefore use fire.

Good point. And anyone who disagrees, look at Lilligant.

Sky Jump (alternative translation) and Firefly Light respectively, the latter was even mentioned a few posts back.

Also to clarify Garchomp doesn't actually fly, more like a leaping and gliding type effect. Yes the dex says that it flies, but it could simply be misjudged technicality.

Well, if it's Sky Jump in Japanese, then that makes sense for Garchomp.

It should still learn Fly.

Here's a good one: Chandelure' Pokédex entry (at least in Black) explicitly mentions its ability to hypnotize people, yet Chandelure cannot learn Hypnosis by any method. This is made more confusing by the fact that Chandelure is able to use Dream Eater - without a sleep-inducing move, Dream Eater is completely useless. I can't make a whole lot of sense out of that one.

Oh, and Garchomp could conceivably learn Fly - after all, the Doduo line can learn it by virtue of being flying-types, despite the fact that they have no visible methods of flying. Garchomp can at least glide, which is a method of travel by air.

Personally, I think Cacnea/Cacturne should learn Cotton Guard due to the fact all the other Pokes that learn Cotton Spore also have Cotton Guard, so why not them? I mean, even MARACTUS has it. YET ANOTHER CACTUS. Derp GameFreak, derp.

Here's a good one: Chandelure' Pokédex entry (at least in Black) explicitly mentions its ability to hypnotize people, yet Chandelure cannot learn Hypnosis by any method. This is made more confusing by the fact that Chandelure is able to use Dream Eater - without a sleep-inducing move, Dream Eater is completely useless. I can't make a whole lot of sense out of that one.

This is clearly just a massive fail on the part of game freak. I think they originally wanted to give it hypnosis but forgot D:

Personally, I think Cacnea/Cacturne should learn Cotton Guard due to the fact all the other Pokes that learn Cotton Spore also have Cotton Guard, so why not them? I mean, even MARACTUS has it. YET ANOTHER CACTUS. Derp GameFreak, derp.

Yeah, I agree. It really wouldn't do much for them, though, since Cacturne's defences are pretty bad. But for flavour, it should be there.

This is clearly just a massive fail on the part of game freak. I think they originally wanted to give it hypnosis but forgot D:

I think the did it so it didn't become extremely broken. What I mean is, once Shadow Tag Chandy is released, it could come in on something that it can easily counter, sleep it, and then set up. At least without Hypnosis you could stand a chance. >.<

But it definately is a fail on GF's behalf, putting that in the 'dex then not giving it the move.

I think the did it so it didn't become extremely broken. What I mean is, once Shadow Tag Chandy is released, it could come in on something that it can easily counter, sleep it, and then set up. At least without Hypnosis you could stand a chance. >.<

But it definitely is a fail on GF's behalf, putting that in the 'dex then not giving it the move.

Well, it's not even that, but the fact that it can learn Dream Eater but not Hypnosis. I don't care if you remove them both, or have them both, just be consistent and don't give it a move it can't use.

Eh, it can use Dream Eater. Single battles aren't the only battles available, you know. For all we know, they could have it made it so it's meant to be used in Doubles/Triples/whatever. Just because it's not usable in singles doesn't mean it "can't use" it at all.

This still doesn't take away the fact the dex says it can hypnotise, though.

Eh, it can use Dream Eater. Single battles aren't the only battles available, you know. For all we know, they could have it made it so it's meant to be used in Doubles/Triples/whatever. Just because it's not usable in singles doesn't mean it "can't use" it at all.

Of course, but in everyday battles, they're all single battles, and it's a waste of a slot unless you battle doubles all the time. And even then you need something that learns hypnosis or spore or some other sleep-inducing move.

This still doesn't take away the fact the dex says it can hypnotise, though.

Of course, but it's not as much of a fail as the Dream Eater.

Well, I don't double battle myself, so I agree it's annoying. But if you form your team's strategy right in doubles, I'm sure it's usable.

Dream Eater's not that much of a fail, though. It has the move in its movepool and can use it, just not all the time. It doesn't even learn Hypnosis when it says it can hypnotise, so in my eyes, that seems like the bigger fail of the two.

Well, I don't double battle myself, so I agree it's annoying. But if you form your team's strategy right in doubles, I'm sure it's usable.

Of course, this is true. But that's a plan that really doesn't allow for much flexibility, something any competitive team needs.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom