• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Music Battle: Champion Battle Themes!

Ranger Jack Walker

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
Champions always get unique music and rightfully so. Even in the days of RGBY when 3 of the Elite 4 had to be content with the Trainer Battle theme and Lance used the Gym Theme, Blue recieved a unique theme. This tradition has been kept since then.

So which is the best among them all?

Red/Green/Blue/Yellow

FireRed/LeafGrean

Gold/Silver/Crystal

HeartGold/SoulSilver

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Diamon/Pearl/Platinum

Black/White

Click the pic to hear the music.

My favourite would have to be HGSS Lance's theme. Its so powerful. I always loved that theme but this version is what makes it my favourite champion music.

Closely followed by FRLG Blue's theme and Steven's theme

Last edited:
HGSS Lance music sounds epic, plus it doubles as Red's music.

Always loved Steven/Wallace's theme from R/S/E. It always struck a chord with me, even more so that the other Champion themes. Why you may ask? Steven was the first Champion I had ever defeated. (And damn... it was a fun fight.)

I absolutely love Cynthia's champion theme. I enjoy listening to it, it's just so epic! :O

I also like the HG/SS and R/S/E champions' themes. :D

Blue (fr/lg) and Steven are the best. Also they're by far the most champion like. Also the Colosseum remix of Steven's music is pure awesomeness.

Cynthia's music is the one I entered Pokémon listening to, and it is my favorite for its originality.

GSC Lance, HGSS Lance, RSE Steven/Wallace are grade A distilled epic.

Cynthia's battle theme is absolutely amazing, and Lance/Red and Steven/ Wallace have great battle themes, too.

Cynthia's battle theme is my absolute favorite with how much power it has in the beats.

If I had to list from my favorite to least of each Champion theme then:
1. Cynthia (DPPt, BDSP, & BW)
2. Diantha
3. Iris
4. Alder
5. Kukui/PC
6. Lance (HGSS)
7. Leon
8. Blue (BW2)
9. Lance (GSC)
10. Trace
11. Blue (RBGY & FRLG)
12. Steven/Wallace (RSE & ORAS)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom