• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My future Diamond team (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgetsu Kon

Just about gone.
Reaction score
Ok, I'm still working on my Pearl Team, but I recently just defeated my new Diamond version, so I was also gonna make a team for that version as well. This is what I had in mind:

tOGEKISS.png

Nature: Modest
Ability:Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Item: ???
Moves:
Aura Sphere
Thunder Wave
Ancient Power/Water Pulse
Air Slash

One of my main speacial sweepers, I'm trying to make the most of his ability with this set

Umbreon-1.gif

Nature: Bold
Ability: Syncronize
Evs: 252 HP, 150 Special Defense, 102 Defense
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Toxic
Mean Look
Moonlight
Confuse Ray/ Dark Pulse

My Staller, I plan to poison the foe and trap him on the field, and heal Umbreon when his HP is low. I might have Dark Pulse there just in case I get caught in a taunt

Starmie.gif

Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Items: Wiseglasses
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Thunderbolt/ Recover

My second Special attacker. Starmie can clear most types with his moveset, so I will be using it alot

Now I have two pokemon I want for a physical attacker, but I'm not sure which one to use:

Luxray.png

Nature: Adament
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 speed
Item: Expert Belt
Moves:
Ice Fang
Spark
Charge/ Swagger/ Fire Fang
Crunch

Ice Fang is for dragons and ground pokemon, Spark for STAB, and Crunch is for coverage that the other two moves won't handel well. The last move is up for debate: Charge will power up Spark, and raise special defense, swagger to confuse the foe, and fire fang for steel and ice types.

My other option is this:

dpmfa466.png

Ability:Motor Drive
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 speed
Moves:
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Iron Tail/ Fire Punch

Kinda the same thing as Luxray, except Cross chop for steel and normal types, and Iron Tail for poison types

This is all I have in mind so far. When I figure out who I'd like to fill in the last two spots, I'll post up what I have for them too. I'll also take recommendations for who could fill up the last two spots. Any help will be appreciated.

Just wondering if this is competitive or not.

Ok, I'm still working on my Pearl Team, but I recently just defeated my new Diamond version, so I was also gonna make a team for that version as well. This is what I had in mind:

tOGEKISS.png

Ability:Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Item: ???
Moves:
Aura Sphere
Thunder Wave
Ancient Power/Water Pulse
Air Slash

Give it Leftovers. Just use Air Slash alone, since it pretty much screws over anyone with its Serene Grace. Remove Ancient Power for Nastyplot or Roost. Nastyplot Aura Sphere can take care of Blissey, while Roosting is just mean when they thought they've finally fought through paraflinch hax.

I'd also give this thing a bit more of a defensive spread, and it doesn't need all that speed EVs with Thunderwave. Just tell me what its IVs are and I'll redo the EV spread, especially tailored for this guy because its an awsome Pokemon. Also tell me if you are using Nastyplot or not.

Umbreon-1.gif

Nature: Bold
Ability: Syncronize
Evs: 252 HP, 150 Special Defense, 102 Defense
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Toxic
Mean Look
Moonlight
Confuse Ray/ Dark Pulse

My Staller, I plan to poison the foe and trap him on the field, and heal Umbreon when his HP is low. I might have Dark Pulse there just in case I get caught in a taunt

If I were you, I'd go with Wish rather than Moonlight because of weather conditions being common on standard teams. I'm not really a fan of toxicstall because of all the switch ins things like Skarmory and most fighting types can get, but its still the best Umbreon set imo. Taunt is also an option against Skarmory, its just a shame you don't have Magnezone because it would work well against it. It gets trapped by Mean Look, and gets taunted since it does not see you as an immediate threat and goes for the spikes. Then Magnezone comes in....
Starmie.gif

Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Items: Wiseglasses
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Thunderbolt/ Recover

My second Special attacker. Starmie can clear most types with his moveset, so I will be using it alot

I'd give it leftovers or Choice Specs over Wise glasses. Also switching it to a Timid nature. Psychic is not really needed here. It doesn't really get much coverage, and Starmie would be better off with either Rapid spin for supporting your team further.

Now I have two pokemon I want for a physical attacker, but I'm not sure which one to use:

Luxray.png

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 speed
Moves:
Ice Fang
Spark
Charge/ Swagger/ Fire Fang
Crunch

Ice Fang is for dragons and ground pokemon, Spark for STAB, and Crunch is for coverage that the other two moves won't handel well. The last move is up for debate: Charge will power up Spark, and raise special defense, swagger to confuse the foe, and fire fang for steel and ice types.

My other option is this:

dpmfa466.png

Ability:Motor Drive
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 speed
Moves:
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Iron Tail/ Fire Punch

Kinda the same thing as Luxray, except Cross chop for steel and normal types, and Iron Tail for poison types

This is all I have in mind so far. When I figure out who I'd like to fill in the last two spots, I'll post up what I have for them too. I'll also take recommendations for who could fill up the last two spots. Any help will be appreciated.

There's a set Luxray could try with Rivalry, but it becomes risky against those of the opposite gender. Use Electivire instead.

There's a mix set Electivire can use, but requires Hidden Power, so just go with Earthquake in its last moveslot.

If you give me the IVs, I can try a better EV spread for the rest of your pokemon.

Okay, to answer your questions. Yes, this will be a competitive team, and I only can give IVs for Togekiss (currently Togepi at the moment).
Togepi's IVs:
HP: 25
Attack:27
Def:23
SA: 31
SD: 2
Speed:3

I love the fact that this Togepi has 31 IVs in Special Attack, but I most likely will rebreed with this Togepi because of the fact its ability is Hustle. Also, I know IVs are passed down to the offsprings, but will that work of I'm trying to pass down a male's IV's (this Togepi is a male)?
And depending on what my battle Togepi's Defensive IV's are, that will depend if I use Nastly Plot or Roost (Roost if defensive IV's are high, Nastly Plot if IV's are low.)

IVs get passed down from both parents, so yes, it will work. I would also rebreed it aswell for better speed IVs. Assuming I did the calcs right, and stats do round down (I know they dot his for boosts). You'll have to redo it for your IVs, adding an extra 4 points into speed for every point difference your IV is minus 31 ((31 - your IVs) x 4)

To beat base + speed 130 after Thunderwave assuming 31 IVs in speed:

+ Speed nature Togekiss: 252 HP/ 90 SAtk/ 168 Spe

Of course, the base 130 Pokemon seem a bit of a risk considering Jolteon is immune to thunderwave, and Aerodactyl has a STAB super effective high critical hit move on you. If you take Nasty plot, feel free to move the SATk to either one of your defenses. You can only acieve this with a + Speed nature by the way.

Then there's the base 125 + speed nature:

Neutral nature Togekiss: 252 HP/ 12 SAtk/ 240 Spd

+ Speed nature Togekiss: 252 HP/ 118 SAtk/ 140 Spe

Of course the only ones there are the seldom seen Swellow, the uber Darkrai, and of course, Weavile who would die to Aurasphere anyway so wasting your time paralysing it is pointless. Even then most Weavile run Adamant.

Now for the base 120 with a + speed nature:

+ Speed nature Togekiss: 252 HP/ 146 SAtk/ 112 Spe

Neutral Nature Togekiss: 252 HP/ 48 SAtk/212 Spe

And then of course, there are only Alakazam, Arceus and Sceptile that reach this speed. You might be better off trying to outspeed base 115s like Azelf.

Base 115 + speed nature:

+ Speed nature Togekiss: 252 HP/ 176 SAtk/ 80 Spe

Neutral Speed Togekiss: 252 HP/ 76 SAtk/ 180 Spe

Even with zero EVs in SATk, you can outstall Blissey with Nastyplot Aurasphere. When it becomes weak enough, go for another Nastyplot atleast until you do over 50% on it. If you do, go for the kill. Keeping this in mind, you may want to go for the defenses rather than the offense.

Thanks for the guide, Outrage DD. I most likely will be going with this one

Now for the base 120 with a + speed nature:

+ Speed nature Togekiss: 252 HP/ 146 SAtk/ 112 Spe

Neutral Nature Togekiss: 252 HP/ 48 SAtk/212 Spe

And I got a Togepi with a Timid nature, Serene Grace, and good IV's, so he's ready for training:
HP:29
Attack:31
Defense:27
SpA: 31
SpD:15
Speed:31

I most like will be posting IV's for the rest of my team later in the week, so thanks again.

I must admit, those Iv's are amazing Tegetsu. I mostly only get a flawless Iv in 2 slots. All of those iv's are near perfect :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom