• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My new Pokemon Moves

Shinx3000

Reaction score
I have got quite a few moves I created. I created this thread for my moves ideas only, comments welcome. Here afe first few moves:

Name: Bone Wall
Type: Physical
Normal
Power: N/A (based on users level, higher level, more stronger the bone)
Accuracy: N/A
PP: 5/5
Description: A physical wall of bone is placed between the user and the foe, blocks alot of physical moves, but can be broken easily by powerful moves. Used for up to 3 turns, if it breaks it will say "Bone wall has been shattere by [pokemon name of who shattered it!] stops moves dig, does not affect flying moves, except non flying pokemon using ariel ace. Blocks most fighting type moves. Brick break can shatter bone wall, but if it does, it won't damage the pokemon on other side for that turn.

Pokemon that learn move: Marowak (lv60) can be bread onto lucario

Name: Status Mist
Type: Special
Dark
Power: N/A
Accuracy: N/A (effects every pokemon in battle)
Description: A strange eerie mist that can randomly inflict status problems on pokemon with no status problems. Lasts for 3 turns but fails if all pokemon have status problems.

Pokemon that learn move: Gengar, Mismageus, Shuppet, not sure what else

Name: Heat Wind
Fire
Power: 120
Description: An overpowering wave of heat is let loose. All pokemon in battle begin to warm getting hotter and hotter each turn losing them HP each turn. May burn. Ups fire type moves, power gets weakend by Surf and lasts 4 turns. Disappears if blizzard is used in battle while its still effective.

Learned by: Heatran lv100, Magmorter lv100, Camrupt lv100, Charizard lv100.

Name: Fireball
Fire
Accuracy: 70
Description: A ball of fire is thrown at foe. May confuse and burn foe.

Learned By: Camrupt lv70, not sure what others could learn this

Name: Stats Swap
Psycic
Accuracy: 80
Description: User swaps its stats with foes. (thisincludes any stat changes)

Learned By: Alakazam lv57, Medicham lv60 can be bred onto sableye and bronzor

Psycic

I like this one

another move i'd like to make is
Sludge Gulp
20 PP
Only Grimer and Muk learns it at like level 47 :)

Make Muk more competitive please, it's a great sp sponge!

I had one for a muk that could learn:

Name: Melt
Poison
Power: 70 (more power depending on users level)
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10/10
Description: User melts around foes feet and leaves poision sludge all around then returns to normal. May badly poison foe.

I had one for a muk that could learn:

Name: Melt
Poison
Power: 70 (more power depending on users level)
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10/10
Description: User melts around foes feet and leaves poision sludge all around then returns to normal. May badly poison foe.

Muk already has a move that involves melting.

It's called "Acid Armor".

One-Two Punch
Type: Fighting physical
Power: 30 (60 total)
Acc: 100%
PP: 30
Description: Two strong punches in quick succession. (A punching version of Double Kick.)

Slide
Type: Ground physical
Power: varies
PP: 20
Description: User slides hard into opponent like a baseball player. Does more damage to lighter opponents. (Reverse of Low Kick.)

Battle Cry
Type: Fighting other
Power: --
Acc: --
PP: 5
Description: Lets loose a loud, motivational battle cry that raises the Speed of all allies one stage for 5 turns.

Nerve Strike
Power: 80
PP: 10
Description: Aiming for pressure points, user attacks with a strong jab. High critical hit ratio.

Darkness
Type: Dark other
Description: Changes weather to pitch-black darkness for 5 turns. While in effect, boosts the power of Dark- and Ghost-type attacks by 1.5x.

To go with that, an ability:
Shaded
Game Description: Raises Evasion in Darkness.
Detailed Description: Dark coloring or other attributes make it difficult for opponents to see this Pokemon during Darkness, which raises this Pokemon's Evasion one stage. Keen Eye, Foresight, and Odor Sleuth can cancel this effect.

Last edited:
Name: Bone Wall
Normal
Power: N/A (based on users level, higher level, more stronger the bone)
Accuracy: N/A
Description: A physical wall of bone is placed between the user and the foe, blocks alot of physical moves, but can be broken easily by powerful moves. Used for up to 3 turns, if it breaks it will say "Bone wall has been shattere by [pokemon name of who shattered it!] stops moves dig, does not affect flying moves, except non flying pokemon using ariel ace. Blocks most fighting type moves. Brick break can shatter bone wall, but if it does, it won't damage the pokemon on other side for that turn.

Depends on how hard you have to hit to shatter it. As long as its not too bad, it works like an auto-fading substitute that can take lots of really weak hits. Pretty cool.

Pokemon that learn move: Marowak (lv60) can be bread onto lucario

I like moves that turn into food :)

Name: Heat Wind
Fire
Description: An overpowering wave of heat is let loose. All pokemon in battle begin to warm getting hotter and hotter each turn losing them HP each turn. May burn. Ups fire type moves, power gets weakend by Surf and lasts 4 turns. Disappears if blizzard is used in battle while its still effective.

Lose the 120 power and we'll be talkin'. As it is, its too easy to hit and let residual damage KO. Overpowered.

Psycic

Just plain overpowered. Never gonna happen. Especially in double battles, where you can swap with something really strong, then switch it out to effectively have two. Used correctly, you can copy your opponent's pokemon but have a better moveset for it.

Nerve Strike
Power: 80
Description: Aiming for pressure points, user attacks with a strong jab. High critical hit ratio.

80 power with 100 accuracy is a little strong for a high critical hit move, especially of the fighting type. I really like all of your others, though.

Not when you consider that Cross Chop also has a high CH ratio and has 100 base power.

Changed Battle Cry's type to Fighting, thought it was more appropriate.

Disarm
Power: 20
Description: A light punch or kick is used to remove the opponent's held item, preventing its use. (Fighting version of Knock Off.)

I like disarm, seems like a good varient to knock off.

Status Wish
Type: Normal Special
Acc: N/A
Description: The pokemon makes a wish. 2 turns later it may come true. Works only if user has a status problem and cannot be used if sleeping. Uses a little of the foes HP to make the wish come true and remove status problem. May fail if used more than once per battle or foe has a status problem.

Drain System
Type: Ground Physcial
Acc: N/A
Description: User temporarly creates a few holes in the ground to suck up some of the liquid produced by certian moves for 3 turns. Drains are lost if earthquake is used while this move is still active. Reduces power of: Surf, Muddy Water, Waterfall and stops spikes and toxic spikes from being used.

Last edited:
Not when you consider that Cross Chop also has a high CH ratio and has 100 base power.

Cross Chop doesn't have perfect accuracy though. When you come to think about it, how would one have better accuracy trying to attack pressure points?

Now because I'm in a Lucario-ish type of move:

Aura Barrier
Type: Fighting
Power: ---
Accuracy:---
Effect: 90%
Description:
A protective field is cast using a strange power which raises the team's defense and special defense for five turns.

Basically Light Screen/Reflect combined but can't be broken by Brick Break.

OK then look at Leaf Blade. 90 base power now in D/P, 100% accuracy with high CH ratio. Attacking pressure points is the reason for the high CH ratio for Nerve Strike.

I also came up with an alternative to Protect/Detect, with an added bonus:

Vision Trick
Type: Psychic other
Description: Telepathically tricks the opponent into seeing the user in a different location, making the opponent's attack miss. In a 2vs2, the opponent is tricked into seeing its partner as the user, making it attack its partner instead. May fail when used in succession.

Last edited:
Nerve Strike should be fine so long as it's limited a rather limited amount of Pokemon (as is the case with Leaf Blade and Cross Chop).

Vision Trick
Description: Telepathically tricks the opponent into seeing the user in a different location, making the opponent's attack miss. In a 2vs2, the opponent is tricked into seeing its partner as the user, making it attack its partner instead. May fail when used in succession.

but how does that work with moves that hit everybody on the field, like Earthquake and Surf?

Oops, never thought of that. I'll come up with something later.

OK, how's this?

Vision Trick
Description: Telepathically tricks the opponent into seeing the user in a different location, making the opponent's attack miss. In a 2vs2, the opponent is tricked into seeing its partner as the user, making it attack its partner instead. If the Vision Tricked Pokemon uses a move that targets both opponents, it will instead target its partner and the user's partner. If the Vision Tricked Pokemon uses a move that targets everyone else at once, it will work normally. May fail when used in succession.

Dragon's Roar
Type: Dragon
Category: other
Power:---
Accuracy:---
Effect: Raises Special Attack and Speed one level (x1.5)
Text: A mystical roar which raises the user's speed and special attack stat.

Hey Geodude, I like your "One Two punch" anf "Slide" moves, cool.

Secret Type
Type: Normal
Category: Special/Other
Power:Based on the move used
Accuracy:Based on the move used
Effect: Always moves last. Basically a selective metronome that works by creating a random move based on the foes last moves type. E.g. if foe used Water pulse last, as its water move, this move becomes a random water move like hydro cannon or crabhammer etc...

Ice Blade
Type: Ice
Catagory: Physical
Power: 70
Accuracy:75
Effect: Attacks foe with a sharp blade of ice. May freeze the foe solid. May hurt foe for 3-5 turns (like wrap or whirlpool because blade used is so sharp)

Headache
Type: Psysic
Catagory: Special
Power: Depends on moves used by foe
Accuracy:100
Effect: User gets a really bad headache by enduring two attacks from foe then users special attack gets maximised. Power released after two turns varies depending on how much damage the user got in two turns while headache was in effect. Fails in foe uses only non attack moves. Can work best with user holding a focus band.

Dark Visions
Type: Ghost
Category: Special
Power:60
Accuracy:80
Effect: Gives the foe horrible thoughts that confuse the foe and make the foe randomly flinch also may parlyise, does a lot of damage. Power is increased if it hits a psysic pokemon and does not affect ghost or dark types. Ability inner Focus gets ignored

Last edited:
The multiturn part of Ice Blade doesn't make sense to me, also it's not accurate enough for a slashing move. How's this for a physical Ice attack? This would give the Pikachu line something physical to hit Grass-types with:

Frozen Tail
Type: Ice physical
Power: 90
Acc: 90
Description: Slashes the foe with a stiff, ice-cold tail. 10% chance to Freeze.

And if Pokemon in the games can Dive on land, why not this?

Float
Type: Water other
Description: User relaxes itself and floats in water. Recovers up to half its maximum HP. (Yes, it's a Water-type Recover.)

Last edited:
The multiturn part is for painful effects of a being slashed with a blade that is frozen. The accuracy should increase a bit.

Maybe Ice tail would be kinda bad, would ice not smash up if slammed into something?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom