• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Observations of BMGf over the Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly can't remember for the life of me any staff member being infracted for reporting a post. Anyone saying such a thing happened is lying.

As for Scott's supposed inmunity, it's quite hilarious that because he wasn't banned as some people wanted, they started to think he wasn't being banned because he had priviledges. That's the problem with people taking others with different opinions as if they're attacking them personally.

Lastly, regarding Unown Lord, I'd like to read the posts where he's been disrespectful or insulting to others.

The only person to have done that was Nando, who offered no insight into the nature of his complaints. Furthermore, his complaints have not been addressed to me on account of being dismissed by the moderators. Had he addressed them directly to me in the first place, I could have been made aware of his qualms and perhaps come to realize his point of view. For some reason, he thought that he could accomplish that by filing a complaint, which is clearly the wrong way to go about solving the problem.

So I guess we shouldn't report people from now on since making a complaint is, according to you, not a valid solution? Usually, when someone tries to get you to change your mind, you don't listen, usually because (it seems that) you consider what you think as fact. Maybe if you weren't like that or didn't state your opinions in a matter-of-fact tone, people would see you as a more friendly and respectable person?

The same goes to you, Geoffrey. How on earth do you expect to bring about a change in my attitude if you portray it as bashing, which it most certainly is not?

If it "certainly is not", then why were arguing with another mod about it? I know it wasn't bashing, but you were still being very rude. If you weren't, such an incident wouldn't have happened.

I hope you realize that my having put you on my ignore list by no mean constitutes as an excuse for your course of action. You forced me to do that by not only insinuating that you had already blocked me, but by also declaring that everyone else should do the same. You are not an innocent bystander - quite far from it.

Let me clear that up for you. I wasn't trying trying to instigate you in any way, I was just trying to tell others who may have felt annoyed by you to do so. I wasn't advertising it by saying "Hey everybody! Put Unown Lord on ignore now!" What made me create this thread was two things. One, I hear a lot of complaining about you, especially in the chat, and two, a fellow staff member said it would be fine to create such a thread. I honestly don't want to put you or anyone on the staff on ignore. I just want you to make your posts less forceful and more friendly, open-minded, and respectful. Is that too much to ask?

If it "certainly is not", then why were arguing with another mod about it? I know it wasn't bashing, but you were still being very rude. If you weren't, such an incident wouldn't have happened.
I have never been approached by any moderator on any of my posts. That includes any posts I recently posted that you perceived to be rude.

I just want you to make your posts less forceful and more friendly, and, open-minded, and respectful. Is that too much to ask?
You are not fooling anyone; this is not the proper way to ask someone to be nicer. You can do better than that.

Interesting as hell thread. I read pages 1,2 and 6.

Yes, I have seen the power abuse, but I just grin and bear it only because I thought BMGf was really lax about that...is it THAT big of a deal? Kasumi and evkl are right, they walk a thin line.

Has evidence been shown in which Unown Lord is being an ass? Personally, he's one of my favorite members here, I've never seen any problems.

I haven't been approached by any moderator on any of my posts since the beginning of my membership. That includes any posts I recently posted that you perceived to be rude.

So you didn't have an incident with GrnMarvl13 in the Platinum Discussion Thread about the way you spoke to others?

You are not fooling anyone; this is not the proper way to ask someone to be nicer. You can do better than that.

I'm not trying to fool anyone. I'm speaking the truth. A lot of people are sick of the way you talk to them and we just want you to change your attitude.

This is the first time I've actually reported a staff member, so maybe I might have gone about this the wrong way. I was actually quite hesitant to create this thread, but a fellow mod said it would be alright because I would be stating my opinion.

So you didn't have an incident with GrnMarvl13 in the Platinum Discussion Thread about the way you spoke to others?
We had an admittedly heated debate about Platinum and Rotom's alternate forms. Is that no longer permitted on a Pokémon forum?

GrnMarvl13 did not exercise his authority as a moderator at any point during the debate. His reason for blocking me was personal: he had no interest in getting into further debates.

If you feel the same way, go ahead and put me on your ignore list. It is rare that I get into serious debates, and it takes two to tango. I will say that I intend to refrain from having my discussions escalate into debates, but only because I don't feel it it is a good way for me to spend my time on the forum.

We had an admittedly heated debate about Platinum and Rotom's alternate forms. Is that no longer permitted on a Pokémon forum?

I would appreciate it if you didn't twist such things into half-truths. You did get involved with him because of the way you spoke towards others, including him.

GrnMarvl13 did not exercise his authority as a moderator at any point during the debate.

Well, considering that he's not a moderator of the forum this thread was in, that would be quite obvious as he wouldn't be able to.

His reason for blocking me was personal: he had no interest in getting into further debates.

I don't blame him either. A lot of people seem to feel that way when debating with you.

If you feel the same way, go ahead and put me on your ignore list. It is rare that I get into serious debates, and it takes two to tango. I will say that I intend to refrain from having my discussions escalate into debates, but only because I don't feel it it is a good way for me to spend my time on the forum.

Erm, what do you mean by YOUR discussions? It's not like you own the thread. Do you perhaps mean your side of the discussion? I wouldn't say that it's rare for you to debate. It's more like occasional or infrequent. But that's beside the point. If you feel that it's not a good way to spend your time, then why do you bother coming here? If you have something better to do in your life, why not go do it? It's not like I come here every day to remark or complain about something.

We now interrupt this serious discussion with something to make us chuckle:

wmjhwn.jpg

Honestly, can't we all accept that personalities clash and continue with our lives?

Some people define nice differently. As I said earlier (ignored), I find Unown Lord to be a perfectly acceptable member of the rule abiding community.

EDIT: On second thought, no... not the same token,buddy.

If you feel that it's not a good way to spend your time, then why do you bother coming here? If you have something better to do in your life, why not go do it? It's not like I come here every day to remark or complain about something.
And yet you came here today to do just that, dragging the admins into a lot of past subjects in which you really had little interest, all so that you can focus your attention on how rude you think I am. I am here to let you know that you can either ignore me or politely ask me to avoid engaging in future debates; anything else won't get your problem solved.

But I will make life easier on you: With Platinum released, it is unlikely that I will post much from now on until another game is rumored or announced to be in development. When that happens, I will likely take recent events into consideration and conduct myself in such a way so as not to instigate debates. It will not, however, be a courtesy to you.

Some people define nice differently. As I said earlier (ignored), I find Unown Lord to be a perfectly acceptable member of the rule abiding community.

And some people define "clash" differently. ;P If I'm not the only person who feels this way, then there's some merit to what I'm saying.

EDIT: On second thought, no... not the same token,buddy.

How so?

You can move on with life and not get along; it's about letting the damned issue go.

EDIT: it's interesting that it took a giant Jesus related image to get you to notice me

And yet you came here today to do just that, dragging the admins into a lot of past subjects in which you really had little interest, all so that you can focus your attention on how rude you think I am.

So you're a mind reader now? How could you know how interested I am? I can tell you right now that I've been very interested in Platinum.

I am here to let you know that you can either ignore me or politely ask me to avoid engaging in future debates; anything else won't get your problem solved.

Politely asking won't accomplish anything, as evident in the Platinum Discussion Thread, which you conveniently did not address in my previous post. And who's to say that someone will conveniently come to your rescue?

But I will make life easier on you: With Platinum released, it is unlikely that I will post much from now on until another game is rumored or announced to be in development. When that happens, I will likely take recent events into consideration and conduct myself in such a way so as not to instigate debates.

It's not like you're making my life miserable or anything. It's just that a lot of people are complaining about you. I felt that something should be done about it. Even as I made posts in this thread, several people thought you were being overly arrogant and an ass, which only made them more fearful to respond.

It will not, however, be a courtesy to you.

It's nice to know that you're still not going to change your attitude with this cheap last-word-in shot.

You know, I think it's about time you (Unown Lord and Geoffrey) move this to a private discussion. I don't want this to turn worse than it already has been at some points.

Edit: ROFL at Paperfairy's post.

/thread, you have both established that you don't like each other.

Can we Hall of Shame this, please? Bulbagarden has let so many of its infamous stupid debates pass it by, and I just want the opportunity to have at least one of them get ripped on mercilessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom