• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Team for the Battle Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

RzfX

Reaction score
Edited out my team as I thought necessary, here's what I got now.

Wobbuffet
Bold Nature
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Leftovers
Moves:
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Charm

This is Battle Frontier, not a player vs player so I don't see any problems with using the lovable blue blob. (Fixed EVs and added in Charm)

Azelf
Timid Nature
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd
Expert Belt
Moves:
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- (Suggestions for this one would be appreciated. Most say Grass Knot but after a rough encounter with Heatran, I don't know. My Hidden Power is Electric so that won't work either)

My new Special Sweeper, but can get risky at times when using Nasty Plot. Like most sweepers, if it's walled, then the possibility of a 1-shot kill is always possible.

Garchomp
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang / Stone Edge (Still deciding)
- Outrage
- Earthquake

This thing is a monster, even being put into the Uber metagame in Smogon.

Last edited:
Wobbuffet
Bold Nature
EVs: 28 HP / 288 Def / 252 SpD
Leftovers
Moves:
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Charm / Safeguard

Use this EV spread: 28 HP / 288 Def / 252 SpD. It allows max Lefties recovery. Don't use Destiny Bond on Wobbuffet, it is too slow to pull it off (you need to outrun the opponent before it KOs you), so use Charm or Safeguard (I prefer Charm in Battle Frontier since there is a lack of switching, and supports the team very well).

Electivire
Adamant Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Expert Belt
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch / Thunderbolt

Don't use physical Electivire, it gets walled way too easily, use mixed Vire:

Electivire @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
Nature: Mild
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
- Cross Chop

This hits harder with higher base power moves (everything except HP moves). Thunderbolt for STAB, Flamethrower to hit Celebi, Tangrowth, Scizor, Metagross, etc. HP Ice is for Garchomp (remember he this is BF lol), Salamence, Gliscor, etc. HP Grass is for Swampert and Rhyperior. Cross Chop 2HKOs max HP / max Def Bold Blissey (if they have those in the Battle Frontier lol) and has a chance of 2HKOing standard CurseLax (which they won't have the exact EVs =P). HP Ice is a lot better since Garchomp is not banned in the Battle Frontier IMO.

Togekiss (w/ Serene Grace)
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Leftovers
Moves:
- Air Slash
- Body Slam
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

Use Body Slam>>Thunder Wave, it has a 60% chance of paralyzing with Serene Grace factored in, and paralyzes Ground-types, while doing some damage.
Comments in the quote.

Isn't there an Item Clause in Battle Tower?

Isn't there an Item Clause in Battle Tower?

I think the only clause is that no legendaries, no two of the same type of pokemon and no pokemon can hold the same item, each pokemon has to hold a different item

I think the only clause is that no legendaries, no two of the same type of pokemon and no pokemon can hold the same item, each pokemon has to hold a different item
That is the Item Clause. XD So, I think you are going to have to find a replacement item for Togekiss. Maybe King's Rock to heighten the risk of flinching?

Thanks for the suggestions. I edited my team to adapt to the changes. I also swapped Togekiss for Azelf and Electivire for Garchomp; that thing's a monster.

Last edited:
You can't use Azelf in the Tower/Frontier. No Legendaries.
It is allowed lol. Only Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys and Formes, Dialga, Palkia, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus (might have missed some) are banned.

If Legendaries aren't allowed, then why does Brandon have a team full of them?

Fail time is fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom