• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: My very own Pokémon Creepypasta!

Pain Split

Waffles.
Reaction score
I hope you like it, and comment!
I am probably among the few people who will say that my Creepypasta ISN'T true...

I am 11 years old, and an avid -yet also quite morbid minded- Pokémon fan, I've played and completed every version, attended as many events as possible, and even saved up enough to win for my mother one of the prized Pikachu cars at an auction, mint condition. I've spent two years learning about ROMs, and how to edit them. I've created some of my own hack games, and completed each one from Chaos Black to Uranium Team, no matter how tedious. As for my morbid side, I've read every Pokémon Creepypasta, and fully edited ROMs to be the complete version of the Creepypastas, and made complete Let's Plays of them all on YouTube, as well as transferring them to physical cartridges and giving some to my friends. I of course have made my own Creepypastas, all more dark and bloody than the junk others have made. Now for the tale of my demise, the game I can truly call dark.

It was one fateful night when I checked my e-mails. Nothing new, except a single letter from a girl named "Bloody_Desire". It was a simple hate letter for my creation of the Creepypasta games. Attached was a file: "CreepyEnough.gbc", a Game Boy Color file. I downloaded it from the letter, and immediately transferred it to a blank cartridge, thrust it into my Game Boy Color. From the very start, my experience told me it was a Gold Hack. The opening video was simply replaced by a message: "So you call yourself the Blood-Ridden Prince of Pokémon? Good work, but your reign is over. Knowing you, you'll dive into the game without a care. Even you can be scared out of your childhood, and I will let you know of your own weakness: a overpowered version of your strength. Enjoy the death.
-Bloody_Desire".

The Title Screen's Ho-oh was replaced with a girl and a Gardevior, both stained with blood. I chose NEW GAME, and the screen was black, just like how Gold was supposed to start. The usual "What time is it?" was replaced with "...Poor girl, who would do this?" There was a picture now on-screen of a Ralts wearing a scarlet pendant, tied to a tree. The game then went to the overworld, and it showed a girl trainer walk towards a tree, and a dialogue box popped up saying, "Maria untied Ralts from the tree. Oh! There was a note attached to her back!" It then showed a note, saying "Never, ever remove her seal. For the safety of you and all around you, I don't want you to follow my mistake." The game had the music of Viridian Forest playing, but no one was moving. I soon learned that this Maria person was my character. I was apparently in a forest of some sort, so I began to take the only path available to me. East, then South. I kept going South, and finally encountered a Trainer.

Youngster Thomas, one Pidgeotto, LV20. Out came the Ralts, LV1. She knew only one move, Confusion. That was helpful, seeing as how she would normally only know Growl for a few levels. Being 19 levels higher than Ralts, the Pidgeotto obviously went first. It used Gust, which immediately lowered her HP to 0. I blacked out, and retuned where I started. A dialogue box appeared, saying "... Remove the Seal... Remove it now..." I ignored the text, and tried again. Still the same outcome. Still the same "Remove the Seal" text. I went to the Pokémon menu, and checked Ralts' Summary. Apparently she was holding a "Seal". I did as the text told me to, and put the Seal into the Bag. Immediately, Ralts appeared on the evolution clip. She evolved into Kirlia all right, but the Kirlia was covered in splotches of blood, and she was emanating a dark aura. She leveled up to LV5, and Confusion was replaced by two moves I've never seen before: Cannibalism and Torture. Torture had 50 PP where Cannibalism had 35 PP. I went to the Youngster Thomas, and used Cannibalism. The Pidgeotto was beheaded, and suddenly disappeared, leaving Kirlia's back sprite a bloody mess. "Pidgeotto was killed!" was in the dialogue box, and Thomas only said, "...", and I left the forest. I appeared in my bed. I left the bedroom, and got the Pokégear. I left the house, and went to Prof. Elm's Laboratory. I couldn't get in, and if I interacted with the door, it would just say it was locked. Everything was normal except for the Kirlia. I didn't have the Seal anymore, so I couldn't revert her back to a Ralts. I just left the town, and encountered a Wild Pokémon. I still hadn't used Torture yet, and was curious, so I used it on the Wild Pokémon. It's cry was heard at a high pitch, and it lost one HP. It didn't attack, and instead the dialogue box said, "Sentret was in too much pain to fight!" Torture was automatically used again, and Sentret lost two HP. Each time Torture was used, it lost twice the HP that it did last time. The "Sentret was killed!" text appeared after a few turns.

I eventually battled the Rival -automatically named Doom- after leaving Cherrygrove Northward, and he was using a Vulpix as his starter, one of my favorite Pokémon. I immediately had Kirlia use Cannibalism, and I won. Doom gave me the Pokédex without a word, and I headed to Violet Town. The game went much the same way after that, and of course, I couldn't catch any Pokémon, but I got the full Pokédex data by killing them, and the game acted as if Kirlia knew the HM moves when I got the HMs, even though she didn't learn any attacks at all. The only HM move it didn't seem to know was Fly, but that was okay. By the time I beat the Indigo Plateau, and had reached Lavender Town, I went into the Radio Tower. Everyone was gone, and a sign that wasn't normally there was put next to the elevator. It said, "Go on up, he waits for you..." I went to the top floor, and inside was a sprite of a Ghost, like the ones from Red and Blue. I talked to it, and it said, "This is for taking down the Tower... I will get my revenge on all humans who seem to think that Radios are more important than a Cemetary Tower!" I was dragged into a battle with the Ghost. For 10 turns, Kirlia disobeyed each of my orders, and the Ghost just said, "...", but at the 11th turn, the battle ended, and Kirlia evolved into a Gardevior. The Ghost disappeared from the overworld, leaving an item. I picked it up, and it turned out to be a reusable "Spirit Tome". I used the Spirit Tome, and I appeared in a room with nothing but a person in it. The person was the same shape as Maria, but was competely black and shadowy except for her eyes, which were a bright scarlet, very clichéd. I talked to her, and was immediately dragged into a battle with her and her Gardevior, both dark and shadowy with the red eyes. I lost to Dark Gardevior's Spirit Blaze. When I blacked out, I appeared in my bed. It was a nightmare. I still had everything, even the Spirit Tome and Gardevior, so the nightmare was the battle. Each time I used the Spirit Tome, the same thing happened.

This was the last change except for one last thing. I reached the top of Mt. Silver -which had been renamed in this game to Mt. Blood- and when I did, I saw Doom there, rather than Red. When I fought him, he was using one LV100 Ninetales, he hadn't until now evolved Vulpix. That was his only Pokémon. Ninetales would go first, even though my Gardevior was also trained to LV100. Ninetales used Spirit Blaze, and the screen turned black. A video clip of Gardevior being beheaded came on-screen, and this was replaced by another clip of a blood-stained Maria, kissing Doom. "You've freed me from the nighmare..." said Maria. The clip faded to black, and it showed the overworld again. Maria was in her bed, and there was one item in her bag: Spirit Tome. I didn't have any Pokémon. I left the room, and walked outside. If I were to leave New Bark Town, a certain girl in the town would warn you, like normal, so I walked into Prof. Elm's Lab, and talked to him. He told me to try using the Spirit Tome, and I did. The screen turned black, and a beheaded Kirlia faded in. She said, "Did you really think there would be a happy ending?" The overworld reappeared, and I was in the nightmare room again. I battled the Dark Maria like normal, and I was using the normal, unbeheaded Gardevior. Of course, Dark Gardevior used Spirit Blaze, and I appeared in my bed again, only this time, I was unable to move. There was a final dialoge box, saying, "Will Maria ever wake from this coma?" Nothing happened until the game was finally turned off. Next time the game was finally turned on, the save file was still there, but when I had loaded it, I was in the bed, able to move again. I talked with Maria's Mother, and she said, "Are you awake yet?" Everyone I talked to said the same thing. As such, I never recieved my Pokémon, and was never able to leave New Bark Town. It was if the game had a save file to a seperate scenario, and only used it to overwrite the current save file when the coma was revealed. (HINT!) I loved this game...

What do you think?

Last edited:
Hm, I thought this stuff belonged in the creepypasta thread in Pokemon World.

Anyway, first off, space your story out. It's an eyesore to read big walls of text with very few paragraphs.

I'm guessing this is probably your first such story, a decent effort, but little, if any, originality. I read quite a few such stories and yours isn't much different. Same (not really) scary ROM hack premise. I'm not sure if your story had any twists or shockers, I may have missed that because reading this was a chore. And relying on gore to try and elicit fear isn't a good idea.

Oh, and it's a bit on a short side. Hardly gripping.

There you go! What I initially wanted was for the story to be able to actually be created by a reader, like Lost Silver. I'm sorry you don't find gore very scary, but there is also cannibalism, torture (hence the moves), mass death, and the speck of romance, so I find the story nicely exciting, just not scary. I can't find fiction scary, for some reason. No one can make those stupid games that give personal comments despite the fake name inserted, and I honestly wanted this game to be made. I must've expected too much, because I wanted a post like, "I've completely lost all interest in Gardevior..."

This was hardly a creepypasta. There was no creepiness or shock value, and it certainly won't alter anyone's views on Pokemon. And some things don't add up. How could Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir be in a Pokemon G/S/C hack? The sprites (or the Pokemon for that matter) didn't exist yet. Also the Ghost sprite wasn't in the games' coding either.
@User_Name

Last edited:
If you hack a Pokemon game, you can change anything about it. You can add the ghost, and the Ralts line. You, Syxx, are similar to me. If it's fiction, it doesn't change my opinion much. Anyway, I'm not that good at this. But some of the already-existing Creepypastas are very bad. Lost Silver made no sense at all, and Cursed Black is just you kill someone without gore at all. Wouldn't it be creepier if the killer were covered in blood?

Yay! This does sorta remind me of Cursed Black and Lost Silver, and I might make my own creepypasta now!

Hmm, good. Not TOO scary, but enough that I would never play this game. Good Job! (BTW, do you actually do ROM hacks? I used to, but I wasn't sure if it was legal...)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom