• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mystery Dungeon 3 out in Japan April 18: Players can now choose partner's gender

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mystery Dungeon 3 out in Japan April 18: Players can now choose partner's gender

According to more pictures of March's issue of CoroCoro, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky will be released in Japan on April 18. Players will now have the option of choosing their partner Pokémon's gender.

Read more on Bulbanews

The cover appears to mean you can evolve your partner now, judging from Prinplup.

Well, evolve your partner earlier than time/darkness did, maybe.

I also heard there will be extra adventures:
One involving how Wigglytuff got into the exploration buisness (back as an Igglybuff, I might add), and another explaining what happened to Grovyle and Dusknoir after dissapearing into the future at the hidden land

Seems interesting. And the gender choosing is a useful, although pretty minor, addition. I for one did get tired of having only-girl chikorita and only-male...everything else to choose as a partner.

Well, that knowledge is pretty minor if you ask me. Although, it was kind of a hassle to get the gender you want. The side quests are cool too.

Umm...I distinctly remember Time telling me the gender of my partner before I selected it. In fact, I chose Chikorita BECAUSE it was the only female option in the list. So no, this is not a new feature.

Umm...I distinctly remember Time telling me the gender of my partner before I selected it. In fact, I chose Chikorita BECAUSE it was the only female option in the list. So no, this is not a new feature.

Sigh. It told you what the gender was, but you couldn't change it. As you said, Chikorita was the only female. This will let you make any of your partners whatever gender you want. Comprehend?

Although I did enjoy both Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, I would not buy this JUST because you can choose your partner's gender. It would have to have better features than this. It would have been nice if they released more information than just this but I guess give it time and they'll tell us more. One month though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom