• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

What should Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur be called?

• Seminalshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • AvantGardeshipping

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Bombshellshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Inquisitionshipping

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • GildedLilyshipping

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Other (please note and drop suggestion)

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd say, go for ExuberantShipping. The reason behind it is because not everyone has read Pokémon Special, and people are more likely to relate both characters to each other after playing Pokémon Crystal / HeartGold / SoulSilver. That's it :)

I need some assistance on naming Tobias/Kotetsu. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

i'd say the one that herbizarre came up with is a good name i;d go for that.Best i could come up with is Incompleteteamshipper given they both don't show a full team.But herbizarres suggestion is just better.

I've thought of a couple names for Eusine/Whitney (a crack shipping that occurred to me while writing a fanfic-since I OTP Eusine with Crystal and Gold with Whitney, I thought, "Hey, why not?" :lol: ), but which name is better?

I'm thinking either ExuberantShipping (a major personality trait of both) or UnacknowledgedShipping (quite a bit in the fandom, but also in Pokemon Special, Suicune completely ignores Eusine and Whitney was the only Gym Leader-aside from Pryce-who Suicune didn't seek out for help against the Masked Man).

i'd go with exuberant.Simply because i'd say it sounds softer

"Kotetsu : From 子 ko (child), 小 ko (small), and 鉄 tetsu (iron). May also be named after swordmaker Nagasone Kotetsu"

"May be taken from Tobias, a hero of the Book of Tobit, who drove away a demon with the help of the archangel Raphael. This may be related to the fact that Tobias was able to beat all the Gyms and advance through the tournament with the help of his Darkrai."
Tobias/Cameron (Unova) [Kotetsu's english name] should, in my opinion, be named "SoulEdgeShipping", in reference to the sword of the same name from "Soul Calibur".
i'd say the one that herbizarre came up with is a good name i;d go for that.Best i could come up with is Incompleteteamshipper given they both don't show a full team.But herbizarres suggestion is just better.

Ah, nice suggestions, both of you. I went on the etymology route of both dub names and merged sacred (the holy backstory of Tobias' name) and hill (Cameron's name can mean "bent hill") and found the 12 scared hills of Imerina, which at least at one point in its life, had an iron industry, relating to Kotetsu's name.

But yours are both more easy to explain, and maybe less whimsical than mine (though, now Kotetsu has a full team, but neither of them used six Pokemon verus Ash). I'll think this one out.

Iris's Dragonite and Ash's Charizard.

NegaiRyuuShipping.

It's taken from Ash and Iris's shipping name, NegaiShipping. Just put in Ryuu, which means Dragon in Japanese.

Larvitar x Axew is in need of a name.
Any suggestions from this wonderful audience?

I've thought of a couple names for Eusine/Whitney (a crack shipping that occurred to me while writing a fanfic-since I OTP Eusine with Crystal and Gold with Whitney, I thought, "Hey, why not?" :lol: ), but which name is better?

I'm thinking either ExuberantShipping (a major personality trait of both) or UnacknowledgedShipping (quite a bit in the fandom, but also in Pokemon Special, Suicune completely ignores Eusine and Whitney was the only Gym Leader-aside from Pryce-who Suicune didn't seek out for help against the Masked Man).

i'd go with exuberant.Simply because i'd say it sounds softer[/QUOTE]

(sorry, I lost the link to the original post ^^;)
I think I like that better, too.

ok i've been on a captain phantom naming kick recently heres 3 i could do with suggestions for

Captain Phantom + Manaphy
Captain Phantom + Kyrogre
Capatin Phantom + Manaphy's egg

ok i've been on a captain phantom naming kick recently heres 3 i could do with suggestions for

are you still taking suggestions for those 3?

GreenTasteShipping (N x Dent)

Green because Green Hair and Taste because both have a diffrent "taste" on the world they're seeking(?).

yeah i'm still taking any suggestions for

Captain Phantom + Manaphy's egg

Ampharos & Floatzel
Ampharos & Flygon
Ampharos & Furret
Ampharos & Swampert

I need to find names for these ships. Help me please D:

yeah i'm still taking any suggestions for

Captain Phantom + Manaphy's egg
some suggestions

Piratelegendshipping- Captain phantom & manaphy
OceanMasterShipping-Captain phantom & kyrogre
PreciousTreasureShipping-Captain Phantom & Manphy’s egg

Ampharos & Floatzel
Ampharos & Flygon
Ampharos & Furret
Ampharos & Swampert

I need to find names for these ships. Help me please D:

some suggestions
FloatingLightShipping-Ampharos & Floatzel
DesertThunderShipping-Ampharos & Flygon
QuickFlashShipping-Ampharos & Furret
SwampLightShippingAmpharos & Swampert

Guy Who Really Likes Tiny Pokemon / Girl Who Really Likes Huge Pokemon in Accumula Town.

OR, Black Empoleon Leader Guy/Heartbreaker Charles.

Is there a name for Ash Ketchum and Liza from the Charicific Valley?

Ash and Jessie? (I know Jessie and James are Rocketshipping)
Ash and Meowth (he'll be female in a story due to the power of an ancient stone after he becomes Ash's)?
Ash and Maylene?

What do you think of Ash and Johanna as MotherofPearlshipping?

Is there a name for Ash Ketchum and Liza from the Charicific Valley?

Ash and Jessie? (I know Jessie and James are Rocketshipping)
Ash and Meowth (he'll be female in a story due to the power of an ancient stone after he becomes Ash's)?
Ash and Maylene?

What do you think of Ash and Johanna as MotherofPearlshipping?

ash/liza is CharizardShipping
ash/jessie is most commonly known as RedShipping, i do believe
ash/meowth is MeoAshShipping (truly the most creative of names)
ash/maylene is MomonShipping

& i'm not entirely sure what you mean by your last question. ash/johanna is already named MotherofPearlShipping?? or are you merely asking people's opinions on the already-existent name? in which case, you might be better off posting in the rare pairs thread or... something? idk. either way, this thread is for people who need help coming up with names for ships. :)

Back
Top Bottom