• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

What should Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur be called?

• Seminalshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • AvantGardeshipping

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Bombshellshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Inquisitionshipping

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • GildedLilyshipping

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Other (please note and drop suggestion)

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would like some help with Candice/Morty. I'd like something scarf-related, since she adores good scarves and Morty has a great one, but I can't think of anything that good. ScarfLoveShipping? ScarfFanShipping?

morty/candice is already templeshipping, actually~

Luna Hivern said:
Make sure to put whichever ones you want in the other thread. :3 Otherwise...

Well, for Muted, are we talking game!Red or Special!Red? Because game!Red/Darkrai is already Peccavishipping.

Ooh! D8; Yes, will do!

I was initially talking about Game!Red, but I guess Special!Red can qualify for MutedShipping. Because, yo, I totally missed the game!Red/Darkrai one...I wonder how that ship got it's name? :/ Not as cool as "MutedShipping" is...

All right, I take the new ship names (CrimsonSunbird, Muted, Limewire, Sanguinello) and place them in the "(In)Complete List of Shippers" thread, right? Just double checking before I make a silly mistake...

All right, I take the new ship names (CrimsonSunbird, Muted, Limewire, Sanguinello) and place them in the "(In)Complete List of Shippers" thread, right? Just double checking before I make a silly mistake...

Yep, that's what ya do. Preferably using a format like:

name of Shipping - Person 1 & Person 2

Just so Luna has an easier time adding them to the listeh.

I need help naming Dento x Paul.

I've had suggestions like Nugaishipping, PatheticTasteshipping and BitterLeafshipping, but I'm really not sure what to name it...Any ideas?

People, there is a grave disturbance in the force. I checked the list (twice in fact) but it would appear the ultimate OT3 (Ash x Misty x Ritchie) does not have a name. This must be rectified immediately ;)

Unfortunately I can't think of anything good and/or available. Any ideas?

CommanderPigg said:
I need help naming Dento x Paul.

What about NegativeShipping? Since, you know, green and purple are opposite eachother on the colour wheel and turn into each other if you negative a photograph with those colours?

So I see that Misty/Haunter isn't named - a pairing that didn't occur to me until I was re-watching the first season of Pokemon (specifically the Lavender Town/Saffron City parts).

Any suggestions?

People, there is a grave disturbance in the force. I checked the list (twice in fact) but it would appear the ultimate OT3 (Ash x Misty x Ritchie) does not have a name. This must be rectified immediately ;)

Unfortunately I can't think of anything good and/or available. Any ideas?

Hm...What about IndigoLeagueShipping? Since it's a simple combination of both their shipping names? XD

What about NegativeShipping? Since, you know, green and purple are opposite eachother on the colour wheel and turn into each other if you negative a photograph with those colours?

Oh, that's pretty interesting! I thought the term was Complimentary, though?

Anyways, someone else gave me the idea "GrapesofWrathShipping" since purple and green are the color of grapes...I like it...any feedback?

Hm...What about IndigoLeagueShipping? Since it's a simple combination of both their shipping names? XD

Thats not bad and the indigo league is the full name...Idk, I'll wait for some more ideas possibly.

Oh, that's pretty interesting! I thought the term was Complimentary, though?

Ohhh, I'd forgotten that term. Hmmm "Complementaryshipping..." good thinking batman
Anyways, someone else gave me the idea "GrapesofWrathShipping" since purple and green are the color of grapes...I like it...any feedback?

I'm not really feeling the "ofWrath" bit, the theme doesn't really have much to do with the tone of the movie you'd be referencing I dont think. Maybe Just Grapeshipping?

I'm not really feeling the "ofWrath" bit, the theme doesn't really have much to do with the tone of the movie you'd be referencing I dont think. Maybe Just Grapeshipping?

Yeah, now that I think about it, it does sound pretty awkward...I've thought of something else. Since Dent is a pokemon Sommelier, he's related to wine in some way...and wine is made of acids, more specifically:

AceticAcidShipping

Or maybe just

AceticShipping?

(for Dent x Paul)
Thoughts?

So I see that Misty/Haunter isn't named - a pairing that didn't occur to me until I was re-watching the first season of Pokemon (specifically the Lavender Town/Saffron City parts).

Any suggestions?
VikingFuneralShipping, after the Viking Funeral, which involves pushing the deceased's boat out to sea and lighting it on fire?

Last edited:
^Hmm interesting idea. Actually going off of that I think I like Osebergshipping.
The Oseberg ship was a viking burial ship in which two female skeletons were actually found. its funny because the shipping is named after a ship
Whee, thank you for the inspiration!

If I remember correctly, Ash and Yellow is BenevolentShipping. And as far as I know, there isn't one for Snivy and Ash together.

But AttractShipping exists already for Wallace and Luvdisc, so.....if you wanted to keep a similar name, maybe VineAttract, or something.

On another note, searching the database, I couldn't find a name for Ninetales/Flareon/Arcanine as a threesome, Banette and Gengar alone, or Sceptile and Jalorda together. Anyone know if there are names for these?
If not, I had in mind some crappy ones.

KindledCanineShipping
CheshireGrinShipping
LeafReptilianShipping

Long and not the best.

Sceptile and Jalorda
Spectile/Jaroda
Fiddlehead (after the fiddlehead fern [third picture], it's like a snake with Sceptile's fern tail)...

Have Ash x Ash's Snivy already been named?
Ash/his Snivy
AttractMisuse, PardonMyLove...

Two things, people:

1) PLEASE note what 'ship your suggesting for in your post, by either quote or you saying so. This helps everyone.

2) If you are ready with your shiny new name, please submit it to the Shippers Thread, because I do not collect from here.

Ash/his Snivy
AttractMisuse, PardonMyLove...

Both of these sound good. I want to have an "Attract" reference in the name somehow. Though I now worry about the use of Attract in the future, unless it becomes Snivy's signature attack since I associate them together a lot.

AttractMisuse sounds a little negative for me, though understandably both Pokemon and Trainer are spamming the heck out of it. :lol:

Think I'll go with OverAttraction instead, thanks for your help!.

I mentioned this awhile back, but I've hit a block for a ship name for Samuel (Brandon's assistant) and Maria (Snowpoint Temple maiden from the anime.)

Is there a ship for Ash's Pidgeot and Ash's Noctowl?

Back
Top Bottom