• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Name the Odd One Out!

Froakie is the only one owned by Ash Ketchum(?)

Loudred
Kricketune
Furret
Jigglypuff
Nope, Sprigatito is 1' 4". All of the others are 1'. I believe either Kricketune is not a Normal type or Furret doesn't have some speaking or musical motif.

Ivy Cudgel
Astral Barrage
Surging Strikes
Wicked Blow

Astral Barrage is the only one to not have an elevated crit chance (Surging Strikes and Wicked Blow always crit while Ivy Cudgel just has a higher crit chance).
Alternately, Ivy Cudgel is the only move here to be able to change type, and Surging Strikes is the only multihit.

tentacruel isn't owned by a main character
That is true, and it's rather silly of me to overlook. I was thinking Pikachu, because it is the only Pokémon there to not make sound during the English opening. Tentacruel smashing a building makes a crashing sound, Onix roars, and the giant Charizard's Flamethrower makes sound.

Pichu
Cleffa
Smoochum
Magby
Igglybuff
Togepi
Munchlax
Tyrogue
Elekid

Porygon is not a Dragon and the only one here to have cross-generation evolutions. Alternatively, Druddigon is the only Pokémon here to currently be single stage, and Shelgon is the only middle stage Pokémon here.

Eiscue
Unovan Darmanitan
Morpeko
Cramorant
Wishiwashi

Strength is the only move here with no secondary effect. Poison Jab is the only move here with a 30% chance to inflict a secondary effect, and the only one to have a secondary effect besides flinching. Also, I could have sworn Extrasensory had a 20% flinch chance like Waterfall and Dark Pulse, but apparently it's only 10%.

Wishiwashi because it’s not a Galar Pokémon
That is incorrect. I specified Unovan Darmanitan, as opposed to Galarian Darmanitan. Hint: the answer is related to their Abilities.

Eiscue
Unovan Darmanitan
Morpeko
Cramorant
Wishiwashi

Tyranitar is the only non-Steel type here.
Bisharp is the only NFE Pokémon here (it still feels a bit strange to say that).
It could also be Empoleon for reasons related to competitive; all of the others have been mainstays of OU singles until Gen 9, whereas Empoleon hasn't been so fortunate. It could also be for reasons related to Competitive; that is, Empoleon is the only Pokémon here to have an Ability changed, having its Hidden Ability changed from Defiant to Competitive. (Tyranitar and Magnezone gaining Hidden Abilities don't count, those were added to their existing Abilities, not made to replace them.)

Unovan Darmanitan? (And btw, sorry, I thought you meant Galarian Darmanitan
I was indeed thinking Unovan Darmanitan. (And the misreading is perfectly understandable. I was hoping that specifying would remove ambiguity, but my effort seems to have backfired.) The reason is that Darmanitan is the only one to not have its transformation Ability as its sole Ability, since it has access to Sheer Force as its standard Ability with Zen Mode as its Hidden Ability, and the only one whose type changes when it transforms. (These both apply to Galarian Darmanitan as well (with Gorilla Tactics instead of Sheer Force but same idea (hooray for nested parentheses)), but if I listed both, then by definition neither of them become the odd one out.)
With how intricate these transformation abilities are, though, you could probably find some way each of these are the odd one out in some regard. For instance, Eiscue is the only one here whose transformation is partially contingent on weather (I actually considered adding Cherrim to the second version to eliminate this but decided against it).

Waterfall
Blaze Kick
Megahorn
Crabhammer
Heat Crash

Electabuzz is the only NFE Pokémon here and the only one not to receive an alternate form (Samurott and Avalugg's Hisuian forms and Steelix's Mega Evolution), Steelix is the only dual-type here (assuming you mean Unovan Samurott and Kalosian Avalugg) and the only one with a Mega.

Heat Crash doesn't have a set power?
I think I was thinking Crabhammer, since it is the only move I listed to never have been a TM or TR. But this is also correct.

Poliwrath
Dragonite
Delibird
Barbaracle
Malamar

Electabuzz is the only NFE Pokémon here and the only one not to receive an alternate form (Samurott and Avalugg's Hisuian forms and Steelix's Mega Evolution), Steelix is the only dual-type here (assuming you mean Unovan Samurott and Kalosian Avalugg) and the only one with a Mega.

I think I was thinking Crabhammer, since it is the only move I listed to never have been a TM or TR. But this is also correct.

Poliwrath
Dragonite
Delibird
Barbaracle
Malamar
Dragonite is not a sea animal

Growlithe
Rockruff
Yamper
Fidough
Furfrou

@SlipperytheTotodile For my previous one, I was looking for Vanillite, who is in a three-stage evolution. For yours, Furfrou who has no evolutionary relatives and is not classified as the Puppy Pokémon.

Hydreigon
Salamence
Dragonite
Baxcalibur

Florges is the only one here that is part of a three-stage evolutionary line, and the only one whose evolutionary line includes an evolution method other than leveling up (Floette needs a Shiny Stone to evolve into Florges).
Dragonite is not a sea animal
It kind of is, though. Its evolutionary family is often found in water, and Dragonite is in the Water 1 Egg Group. In fact, the only Pokémon here not in the Water 1 Egg Group is Barbaracle, who is in Water 3.

Rock
Grass
Electric
Fire
Water
Steel
Dark

Back
Top Bottom