• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

hello everyone, I am searching for hours and I can't find anywhere a name for Miriam x Raifort from SV so if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it very much! Thanks in advance!
from what i've seen there isn't really a ship name used widely for them, so it may not be very helpful if you're actively trying to search for content but there has been 1 person on tumblr who suggested the name NurseHistoryShipping back in december.
NurseHistoryShipping - Miriam & Raifort (not a very common ship but im including it here anyway since a rather popular blogger has been posting content of them so a bigger community might end up coming about)
^ was brought up in this thread back in january!

Oh shoot I didn’t know that-
Then I guess I gave it an alternate shipping name, huh?
Just as an fyi, alternate ship names are not really a desired outcome. If a pairing has an alternate ship name, it's bc it was unavoidable and got too widespread amongst an actual community of shippers, especially bc, due to the gap before someone else took over this archive after the old person doing it disappeared in gen 7, a lot of ppl became unaware of the master list's existence. But we should be trying to avoid coming up w/ alternate names as much as possible, and not actively encouraging them.

Just as an fyi, alternate ship names are not really a desired outcome. If a pairing has an alternate ship name, it's bc it was unavoidable and got too widespread amongst an actual community of shippers, especially bc, due to the gap before someone else took over this archive after the old person doing it disappeared in gen 7, a lot of ppl became unaware of the master list's existence. But we should be trying to avoid coming up w/ alternate names as much as possible, and not actively encouraging them.
Right I’m sorry
That was like a month ago, I didn’t know it was a bad idea until now (especially because of one certain ship getting a new name during Gen 7… yeah, let’s not go there), I’ll be more careful from now on

i want to submit some ship names ive made

BattleARShipping - Male Avatar (Pokken) & Female Avatar (Pokken)
SynergySupportShipping - Male Avatar (Pokken) & Nia (Pokken Tournament)
SynergyBurstShipping - Male Avatar (Pokken) & Anne (Pokken Tournament)
SynergyStoneShipping - Anne (Pokken Tournament) & Female Avatar (Pokken)
PasioRivalShipping - Lear, Paulo, & Tina (gen infinite) <- not really sure if specification is needed for gen infinite or not, but just any masters original rival characters
CharacterDevelopmentShipping - Lear & Paulo
LegendaryRivalryShipping - Blue (game), Leon, Raihan & Red (game)
SavingShipping - Sun (special) & Kiawe
MrProfessorShipping - Adaman & Professor Laventon

with the pokken tournament characters, i was just going off how theyre already listed on the list, but there was also only one instance of the pokken protagonist to base it off. for consistencies sake, maybe the avatars should also be listed as (Pokken Tournament) instead of just (Pokken), or maybe the characters listed as (Pokken Tournament) should be shorted to (Pokken) to take up less space? i dont know if consistencies of tagging across a game as a whole is a priority, or if it just matters that a character is consistent with themself

May I summit a couple of Pokemon DPA shipnames?

AbsurdlyClingyShipping - Jun (DPA) x Hareta
GreenishSubstituteShipping - Mitsumi x Koya
FirstAndSecondShipping - Jun (DPA) x Koya as
FlatCheeksShipping - Jun (DPA) x B2
OpposingBehindShipping - Koya x B2
DPAdventureShipping - Mitsumi x Jun (DPA) x Hareta x Koya
BoysTimesThreeShipping - Jun (DPA) x Hareta x Koya
DPACrescentshipping - Jun (DPA) x Saturn
DPAGalacticBombShipping - Jun (DPA) x Mars
BigSmileShipping - Hareta x Ginji (Ginji's Rescue Team)
Moodshipping - Koya x Yellow (PKSP)

Last edited:
i had someone suggest a ship name to me on social media since i was hosting a shielbert ship poll, and afaik this ship hasnt been named so i thought it'd be worth it to submit it here as well, as i don't imagine currently that there'll be another name that comes about for it or gains much of a usage in the future.

RoyalNightShipping - Shielbert & Nita

AegeanShipping - Blue (game) & Caitlin
BirabutoShipping - Brandon & Caitlin
BravelyDefaultShipping - Brendan & Caitlin
ForbearShipping - Wally & Caitlin
HameauShipping - Brock & Argenta
HealPulseShipping - Nate & Caitlin
MotherFigureShipping - Silver (game) & Argenta
QueenNothingShipping - Noland & Caitlin
RegalPortraitShipping - Hugh & Caitlin
RoyalSummonerShipping - Red & Caitlin
SilverwareShipping - Silver (game) & Caitlin

I wanted to ask : for the purpose of the shipping list, are Leaf and Green from the Let's Go games considered the same character, or do they have to be counted separately ?

Also, I noticed that "BravenessShipping" refers to Brandon as "Pyramid King Brandon". I'm assuming this is the same character since this is the only mention of Pyramid King "X" in the entire list.

I wanted to ask: for the purpose of the shipping list, are Leaf and Green from the Let's Go games considered the same character, or do they have to be counted separately?
I mean, technically, they’re the same character (at least, in my opinion). They have the same manga counterparts and such, which is why I think that.
But it hasn’t been confirmed, said Bulbapedia.

I mean, technically, they’re the same character (at least, in my opinion). They have the same manga counterparts and such, which is why I think that.
But it hasn’t been confirmed, said Bulbapedia.
kris and lyra also have the same manga counterpart, but are distinctly different characters. since they have different names, id personally count them as counterparts of sorts instead of the same character, but opinions on it would change from person to person. i personally think that unless the person making the ship name specifically is talking about green from lets go, then just listing them as leaf is probably fine. just how theres not really any distinction between anime and game counterparts for characters like dawn and serena, despite them being pretty different characters sometimes

suggesting PaldeaShipping for Nemona x Arven x Juliana x Florian, perhaps?
maybe StarFightingShipping for Eri x Carmen if they don't have a name yet. FightingStar sounds better but it would seem it's already been taken
and also maybe TeamStarShipping for Penny x Giacomo x Mela x Eri x Ortega x Atticus

AnacondaShipping - Lucy & Nemona

CanonShipping - Perrin & Viola
VibrationShipping - Carmine & Iono

Canonshipping isn't mine, but it's doing the rounds on Twitter/X/Space Karen's domain.

okay i said this on serebii already but that forum is a bit dead rn syo im gonna mention it here too, is there an actual ship name for wulfric from x and y and kofu from scarlet and violet? i've been calling it "AliceinFreezerShipping" (after one of my fav songs by orangestar, and alsyo cause it came to me in a dream) because i doubt there's an actual name for it that isn't that (especially since i've nyoticed a bit of a lack of ship names for gen 9 in general, let alone cross-gen ships that involve gen 9 characters) but it can't hurt to ask.

is there an actual ship name for wulfric from x and y and kofu from scarlet and violet? i've been calling it "AliceinFreezerShipping" (after one of my fav songs by orangestar, and alsyo cause it came to me in a dream) because i doubt there's an actual name for it that isn't that (especially since i've nyoticed a bit of a lack of ship names for gen 9 in general, let alone cross-gen ships that involve gen 9 characters) but it can't hurt to ask.
I don't believe so; a cursory Google search isn't giving me any results for that pairing, let alone a widely-used name for them. You can feel free to submit it here in this thread, along with any others you've created as long as the name or the pairing isn't already on the list!
(welcome to the forums by the way :bulbaWave: )

I don't believe so; a cursory Google search isn't giving me any results for that pairing, let alone a widely-used name for them. You can feel free to submit it here in this thread, along with any others you've created as long as the name or the pairing isn't already on the list!
(welcome to the forums by the way :bulbaWave: )
Dang. Maybe I'm the first person to come up with the idea of the ship at all then...
and btw, how do you submit ship names? is there like a format for your post you have to do to make them legit submissions?

Back
Top Bottom