• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Accessory for Remakes?

Oshakpop

Reaction score
In FireRed/LeafGreen, we got the Wireless Adapter. In HeartGold/SoulSilver, we got the PokéWalker.

What do you think we'll get in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire? Will we even get an accessory? What would you like to see?​

I think that it makes sense and that they probably will. I think the Pokéwalker was cool and clever and I'm hoping to see something along those lines. I think it would be cool if it was related to Super Training.

I did think about something involving either Super Training or PokéAmie. Or maybe something to do with Contests?

I did think about something involving either Super Training or PokéAmie.
Yeah, I think Super Training is the best idea for an "accessory".
It could be like, when you're walking in real life, the Pokemon walks with you hence getting trained...
And it would make super training a lot more easier and less annoying.

I find it rather telling that we already have the box art for this game, which lacks any mention of a physical extra. Besides, the previous two have been added into the following consoles:

FR/LG -> Wireless Adaptor -> Nintendo DS Wireless Communications
HGSS -> PokéWalker -> Nintendo 3DS Play Coins

What accessory/device do you think Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will include?

This is of course assuming at the moment that they do something along the lines.

The last two remakes we have gotten included something with the games. Early copies of Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen included a Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter. While copies of Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver included the Pokéwalker device.

What do you guys think? I currently can't think of anything that they could include. As soon as I can think of something I'll post about it.

Re: What accessory/device do you think Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will include?

Probably nothing. I can't think of anything worth an inclusion. The wireless adapter had a purpose (now defunct) and the PokeWalker was kinda worthless overall.

Though I like your pattern-recognition in that regard.

Re: What accessory/device do you think Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will include?

Wasn't there already a thread on this....?

Well, anyway, I also think that there probably won't be an accessory this time, and I honestly don't care for them.

I liked the PokeWalker but thats redundant now since the 3DS has a built in pedometer.
Maybe there will be an accessory related to the Alpha and Omega from the titles?

The Nintendo Figure Platform is gonna ship along with it, and exclusive NFC Mega Evolutions are gonna be the first offerings. I hope I'm wrong tbh.

Actually, since these will almost certainly be both a physical and digital release, I doubt any item will be released alongside it unless you get a special edition copy.

I don't think there will be one but hey, there could be a surprise.

Oooh @lugia61617 has a good point: can't package something with a digital copy…

Though maybe there'll be some sort of mini-app? It'd be a digital download that all you'd need to get is to have the game either installed or physically inserted into your system! Then both digital and physical copies could have the thing.

I just hope the preorder bonuses are decent this time around ahaha, I usually decide where to buy the game based on the bonuses but for XY only Gamestop had anything and it was a poster :/

Though maybe there'll be some sort of mini-app? It'd be a digital download that all you'd need to get is to have the game either installed or physically inserted into your system! Then both digital and physical copies could have the thing.

Um... why would they have a mini-app that comes with the game when they could just put said app into the game itself....?

I just hope the preorder bonuses are decent this time around
Definitely agree.

Phoenixon said:
Um... why would they have a mini-app that comes with the game when they could just put said app into the game itself....?

I was thinking something along the lines of the Dream Radar from BW2, it's an external game that takes advantage of one of the 3DS' features that the main game doesn't (camera).

Some version of the Pokewalker-turned-app that utilizes the system's pedometer may work, though (as much as I loved the Pokewalker) it feels unlikely to me that we'll see any return of it. (*Watch me be wrong, though ahaha!)

I was thinking something along the lines of the Dream Radar from BW2, it's an external game that takes advantage of one of the 3DS' features that the main game doesn't (camera).

Ahh, yes, but you had to pay for that.
The accessories that come WITH the game are basically free. So a free app that comes with the game might as well just be put in the game.
Though I agree it's entirely possible for them to make another Dream Radar-esque app that doesn't come with the game, but I wonder what it would be for?

That's a good question... Only time will tell but were likely to receive [just] a miniature figurine with it.

I wouldn't bet on it, but couldn't the NFC accessory for 3DS be a possibility, if the games use the feature?

I think that Pokemon Dream Radar definitely was stepping into the role of the adapter, and pokewalker for Gen 5.5. It served the purpose of trying to bribe us into getting 3ds's when the latest games were out on DS. Because of this I think that future bonus tie-in products will likely be downloadable too but with a sales angle.

This is just a wild and silly notion that popped into my head but...

Perhaps could the expansion bonus item/ tie in download be a bribe to get us onto the Wii U this time around? Something like a standalone pokemon Super Training and Pokemon-amie with some added features like photo sharing, bonus items and an unlockable Jirachi which could be downloaded onto the Wii U for pokemon interaction in glorious HD?

Perhaps could the expansion bonus item/ tie in download be a bribe to get us onto the Wii U this time around? Something like a standalone pokemon Super Training and Pokemon-amie with some added features like photo sharing, bonus items and an unlockable Jirachi which could be downloaded onto the Wii U for pokemon interaction in glorious HD?

I definitely see this as a possibility.
Especially with the Pokken Fighters thing that will probably be on Wii U. So it might have something to do with that....

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom