• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Alolan forms?

However wasn't it the same leak that said there'd be past villains, rainbow rocket etc that said there'd be an oddish line?

It did, but for all that we know that could have been something that was scrapped. There could have been any number of miscommunications or misinterpretations involved that led to it being reported by leakers.

Well with the new trailer, I think it’s safe to say there’s gonna be no new Alolan forms in USUM. Damn it Gamefreak.
Am I the only person who remembers them never officially revealing Alolan Geodude/Graveler/Golem? The only reason we knew about them pre-release was because of the demo getting datamined. Besides, there's another reveal on the 10th that we should expect more from.

Am I the only person who remembers them never officially revealing Alolan Geodude/Graveler/Golem? The only reason we knew about them pre-release was because of the demo getting datamined. Besides, there's another reveal on the 10th that we should expect more from.
This is true, but we had known that Alolan forms were a thing. We just didn't know all of them. For this release, they haven't given us any notice that there are any new Alolan forms (which is a shame if you ask me.)

They haven't given us any notice that there are not any new Alolan forms either. It's like how I'm sure there'll be at least one more new UB (possibly a UB form of Necrozma) to keep the number of UBs a prime number. Game Freak has never given away all the new Pokemon before release, and I feel Alolan forms count more as new Pokemon than changable formes/Megas do.

Since when does a negative need to be announced? And you're still equating "not revealing any forms" with "keeping some forms a surprise."

They haven't given us any notice that there are not any new Alolan forms either. It's like how I'm sure there'll be at least one more new UB (possibly a UB form of Necrozma) to keep the number of UBs a prime number. Game Freak has never given away all the new Pokemon before release, and I feel Alolan forms count more as new Pokemon than changable formes/Megas do.
To fair, it is possible that there are new Alolan forms and even more UB's. However unlike the UB's where they have shown us that there are new UB's (or even the website description of Necrozma's new forms could be perceived as hints toward more secrets for it) there is nothing for Alolan forms. I think there is going to be another trailer on the 10th, so there could still be a reveal of new alolan forms. However due to the lack of information at this time. I will not hold my breathe for new forms being released in USUM. That's all I'm saying.

I still think they are hiding em. What else could they show on Nov 10 which is getting as much as a push as today's trailer, which revealed a good chunk of the post game and also showed the totem stickers which also clears up any questions as to if they will replace the Zygarde Cells with another collectathon.

I still think they are hiding em. What else could they show on Nov 10 which is getting as much as a push as today's trailer, which revealed a good chunk of the post game and also showed the totem stickers which also clears up any questions as to if they will replace the Zygarde Cells with another collectathon.
I'm hoping for that same thing

I won't give up on you just yet, my lovely alolan vileplume

Since when does a negative need to be announced? And you're still equating "not revealing any forms" with "keeping some forms a surprise."

To fair, it is possible that there are new Alolan forms and even more UB's. However unlike the UB's where they have shown us that there are new UB's (or even the website description of Necrozma's new forms could be perceived as hints toward more secrets for it) there is nothing for Alolan forms. I think there is going to be another trailer on the 10th, so there could still be a reveal of new alolan forms. However due to the lack of information at this time. I will not hold my breathe for new forms being released in USUM. That's all I'm saying.
inb4 Game Freak makes the (nonsense) excuse that they felt Totem-sized Forms were enough to fill that void.

inb4 Game Freak makes the (nonsense) excuse that they felt Totem-sized Forms were enough to fill that void.
I would be so hurt. I'm already coming to terms with the possibility that totem sized mons are the exact same as their smaller counter parts aside from the size. I could not deal with them saying they felt that totem sized mons would be better than more regional variants... I also hope that totem sized mons won't go the way of spiky eared pichu or cosplay pikachu and remain generation exclusive.

I'm not a very salty person, I don't tend to get upset over things like this. But I can't help but be peeved that there are no new Alolan forms. It makes no sense! I've heard some people say 'It wouldn't make sense for new forms to just appear'. But Sun and Moon are an alternate storyline anyway. And the Ultra Beasts don't make up for it either, why couldn't we have gotten both new forms and UB's? I'm incredibly disappointed, new forms seemed like a given and I was looking forward to what new forms there would be. I know Gamefreak is a bit infamous for throwing out ideas, but this is a whole new level of scrapping a great concept.

better that Lycanrock Dusk form gets good second and hidden abilities, would like Fluffy / solid rock, better fur coat indeed.
A rock type with soundproof exists? what about one with Bulletproof?

Last edited:
I'm pretty miffed that even Dusk Lycanroc's stats are a total copy-paste of Midday form (save for a 2-point trade-off). I was really hoping they'd make its stats a blend of the previous 2 forms, but nope! If anything, it's just a tiny bit worse (2 points worth) than Midday.

I still love it tho. Still gonna use it. But c'mon.

better that Lycanrock Dusk form gets good second and hidden abilities, would like fur coat/solid rock, better fur coat indeed.
A rock type with soundproof exists? what about one with Bulletproof?

It only gets Tough Claws. It has no hidden ability. If it ever gets a hidden ability, it would be in Gen 8 or later.

I'm not a very salty person, I don't tend to get upset over things like this. But I can't help but be peeved that there are no new Alolan forms. It makes no sense! I've heard some people say 'It wouldn't make sense for new forms to just appear'. But Sun and Moon are an alternate storyline anyway. And the Ultra Beasts don't make up for it either, why couldn't we have gotten both new forms and UB's? I'm incredibly disappointed, new forms seemed like a given and I was looking forward to what new forms there would be. I know Gamefreak is a bit infamous for throwing out ideas, but this is a whole new level of scrapping a great concept.

Nah, you know what's a whole new level of scrapping a great concept? Abandoning sequels. There's nothing as major as scrapping an entire type of game.

But yeah, with what they've been doing with Megas and Alola forms lately, they have gotten pretty bad with abandoning new gameplay mechanics. Like, you might have seen Game Freak phase out a side feature back in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen but never entire battle mechanics.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom