• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Alolan forms?

Doing something with Noctowl would be great. I think I'd like an Ice/Flying snowy owl found on Mount Lanakila. Something like this would be perfect.

What about Ice/Psychic? It'd be a better typing for it thematically!

Ad that image is soooo cute! I'll name mine Hedwig lol

Alolan Bonsly and sudowodo could be palm tree imitators to adapt to the more tropical Alola and gain the Grass type.

Alolan Slugma and Alolan Magcargo become much more adapted to water, becoming Water and Water/Steel sea slugs and sea snails, respectively and become hunters of Marinie and Toxapex.

One thing that new regional variants would share is their Pokédex categories. For Pokémon like Slugma and Magcargo which are Lava Pokémon, they will have to keep their Fire type otherwise how would they be Lava Pokémon.

One thing that new regional variants would share is their Pokédex categories. For Pokémon like Slugma and Magcargo which are Lava Pokémon, they will have to keep their Fire type otherwise how would they be Lava Pokémon.
Shells made from hardened lava?
And there needs to be a Pokemon based on the giant Triton so killing 2 birbs with one stone edge

Okay, so I made the list of Johto Pokemon that could receive Alola forms, it's excluding the ones who got cross-gen evolutions (Gen 4) and Mega Evolutions.

Pokemon that weren't in Sun/Moon - Sentret line, Hoothoot line, Natu line, Bellossom, Marill/Azumarill, Hoppip line, Sunkern line, Wooper line, Unown*, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Pineco line, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Teddiursa line, Slugma line, Remoraid line, Mantine, Kingdra, Phanpy line, Stantler, Tyrogue/Hitmontop, Smoochum, Raikou*, Entei*, Suicune*, Lugia*, Ho-Oh*, & Celebi*

Pokemon that were in Sun/Moon, but it's a different universe - Chikorita line*, Cyndaquil line*, Totodile line*, Ledyba line, Spinarak line, Crobat, Chinchou line, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Sudowoodo, Politoed, Slowking, Snubbull line, Corsola, Delibird, Skarmory, Smeargle, Miltank, & Blissey

* = I don't see the starters, Unown, and the Legendaries getting Alola forms, but I decided to include them in there

I guess out of these, I'd like to see...

1-2) Psychic/Flying Hoothoot & Noctowl
3) Grass/Fire Sunflora
4) Not sure what they could change for Wobbuffet, but I'd like to see him get one, especially since he's popular
5-6) Fairy Teddiursa & Ursaring
7) I like the idea of Ice/Psychic Stantler that @Zeb brought up.

--

8-9) Bug/Fighting Ledyba & Ledian
10) Grass Sudowoodo
11) Water/Psychic Corsola so it can counter with Mareanie/Toxapex

EDIT: Forgot Blissey

Last edited:
I would be open to a Normal/Ghost Noctowl, because Decidueye is a Ghost-type that evolved from a Flying-type. It would also be the first of its kind, making Noctowl have a unique typing. It even have Moonblast for Dark-types, so it's not so defenceless against them.

Also, it would be cool to see Oddish and family get the Alolan treatment. Perhaps Grass/Rock for the main family, and Grass/Fairy for Bellossom. Both type combinations are pretty useful for Grass-types. And besides, we need more Grass/Rock Pokemon.

Although I doubt we will see an Alolan version of other Gens of Pokemon, I would like to see an Alolan Roggenrola family. My idea is that they will be Rock/Grass, and will be Sun-oriented instead of Sand, with abilities to match: Drought instead of Sand Stream and Solar Power instead of Sand Force. If a Grass-type were to have Drought, it should be on a type that resists Fire, and Rock is another type that fit this.

Thanks for reading.

Doing something with Noctowl would be great. I think I'd like an Ice/Flying snowy owl found on Mount Lanakila. Something like this would be perfect.
I love Snowy owls! They're my favorite right after the Barn owl. That would actually be a pretty cool concept. It would add to the Ice Type ranks as well as provide a cool typing in Ice/Flying (which is pretty rare). Hoothoot and Noctowl could forgo all their Psychic type moves in favor of Ice type moves.

Had this idea yesterday, but what if Corsola got a new Alolan form? So instead of Mareanie hunting Corsola maybe Corsola hunts Mareanie. Or at the very least Corsola has now gained an immunity/way to fight back against Mareanie. So maybe it gains the Steel type or Psychic typing in additions to it's water typing. That way the hunt isn't as easy for Mareanie. Sort of a similar story to Yungoos and Rattata

I dunno, it seemed mareanie's whole existence revolves around how it's mean and eats corsola. Making corsola suddenly able to fight back out of nowhere would kind of invalidate mareanie's whole raison d'etre. With Yungoos and Rattata, rattata changed over time to be dark type and I'd assume that took quite a while.

Unless of course USUM's whole alternate reality is being taken to the greatest extreme and this is a whole other universe where corsola is the big bad sea creature... but then Mareanie's name would be kinda odd.

a decent amount of people seem to be speculating we'll only get forms for gen I and II mons. I really hope this isn't the case. There are some mons like victreebel, magcargo, qwilfish, etc that I'd like to see get an alolan form, but for the most part I don't particularly care about gen II pokemon and gen I's already gotten more than enough attention.

some of my most wanted forms are:

Victreebel: a cool mon they could easily make a fun form for, I've seen a suggestion where it becomes a ground-type that hunts like an antlion which sounds really sweet. Years ago, it was one of my top ten favorite pokemon, and a form as cool as that would probably be enough to catapult it back to a similar position

Qwilfish: it's one of those boring pokemon that's so close to being cool, especially with that naval mine inspiration. I posted an idea for one last year that presumably no one cared about.

[Original post]

211MS.png

Alolan Qwilfish
Ice/Poison
Refrigerate and Regenerator, Intimidate (HA)
New Moves: Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Double-Edge, Icicle Spear, Gunk Shot, Heal Pulse, Heal Bell, Recover, etc
55/105/125/45/75/25

It will never get an alolan form, obviously, but I don't know what else to call it. Sinnohnian? Not like that would probably happen either...well, anyways, qwilfish is kind of a cool pokemon, being a pufferfish naval mine, but it's also kind of dull. The idea I had for alolan qwilfish is somefin that lives in more icy waters, and the water it swallows freezes, causing it to resemble a bloated ice pack. It could freeze and unfreeze the water inside its body, though it would remain frozen most of the time. Its mouth would become a tube like what you see here, minus the cap, and its face would look sickly. When the water inside it is frozen, a large icicle would protrude from its mouth, which it could use similarly to a horn. It would also get healing moves and abilities to further enforce the ice pack theme. As for the coloring, I dunno, maybe two different shades of light blue? Light purple might work nicely too somewhere.

Ice/Poison, while a bad defensive typing, is still one of the better ice combos, with its number of weaknesses not outweighing its number of resistances. Its physical bulk is quite high to help it make up for its mediocre typing, with its special bulk also increased to help take advantage of some of its resists, such as fairy and water. [....water? Whoops lol]

Edit: I removed healer and give it back its old HA of intimidate, as amazing as regenerator may be I feel like it might need the extra physical bulk to deal with that typing, and it's not like I didn't give it recover anyway

Octillery: is in the same boat as qwilfish, with a cannon motif that's slightly too subtle. Water/fire, water/poison or somefin might be cool, based around one of those more vividly colored octopi

Omastar: I like cephalopods. I'd like a variant for both omastar and octillery, but if I had to choose between them, omastar is the winner. Sorry octillery, but you're lame as hell compared to this thing. Anyway, I posted an idea for this one in the same post as qwilfish.

[Original post]

I thought of some ideas for omastar and qwilfish regional variants

139MS.png

Alolan Omastar
Water/Electric
Swift Swim and Illuminate, Adaptability (HA)
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder, Dazzling Gleam, Flash, Camouflage, Moonlight, Moonblast, Flash Cannon, etc
70/50/115/115/80/65

Based on the hawaiian bobtail squid. It's a nocturnal squid that uses bacterial luminescence to mimic moonlight, thus hiding its shadow from predators. It fits really nicely with the sun and moon theme and I hope that might make gamefreak more inclined to make an actual alolan omastar based on such a thing, especially given how it seems bastiodon might be a wild pokemon in alola, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Its shell could morph to look like a crescent moon and be somewhat transparent, so it would glow like the moon. The rest of its body could gain the spottiness of the bobtail squid, dunno about the color. Light purple, light blue, yellow, or light green might work.

Although it loses a bit of physical defense, water/electric is really nice defensive typing, and the higher special bulk helps it takes advantage of those resists. The extra speed makes sense with the probably lighter shell alongside the electric typing, and would help it outspeed more when rain is up.

Swalot: swalot's awesome and could use a form to help it attain some more much deserved love. I thought of a poison/fire swalot that gets fire typing from eating a bunch of spicy peppers or something. I could probably think up some more reasoning but I'm too lazy right now.

Vespiquen: it's disappointing that a pokemon that's even harder to get than salazzle was cursed to be such a shitmon, seriously I can think of more uses for swalot than I can for this thing. It's mostly the typing, I wish they had made it bug/poison like beedrill or retconned it into bug/fairy last gen, but there's still hope for the thing if it got an alolan form. Maybe it could adapt to one of those meadows oricorio and ribombee love so much. Bug/electric if it adapted to melemele's, bug/psychic for akala's, bug/fire for ula'ula's, and bug/ghost for poni's. I think bug/ghost would be the best option, though bug/electric with firefly aspects sounds good too.

Stunfisk: my derpy child can have electric/poison, maybe, I always thought that would be a good fit. Maybe based on a stingray, I dunno, I never thought much into it.

Lanturn: I hate this thing, but if alolan muk has taught me anything, it's that a redesign can take a mon I loathe and turn it into one of my favorites. I'm still sort of in shock about that... Make it look threatening like huntail and bruxish, like an actual anglerfish. Water/dark or electric/dark, I guess.

Sudowoodo: it's cool but could be cooler, I think the ideas I've read in this thread about making it imitate a palm tree makes enough sense

there's a lot more stuff I'd like to see get variants but that'll do for now
I'd love to see Dark Luxray become a thing! Might finally be a Dark Alolan Form that's not Dark just to be Dark. XP
really don't know what you mean. Faticate and persian had fine reasoning behind their dark typing. Muk...I confess I don't really get that one, but who cares, it's cool.

Last edited:
I demand Alolan Solrock and Lunatone.
this is another one I can get behind, especially lunatone. What if they were appointed and altered by the tapus to guard their ruins? I thought it was kind of lame that the only thing standing between me and the guardian chambers was a really easy strength puzzle, it would be nice to see the ruins upgraded to actual dungeons. Rock/fairy would work for that.

alternatively, they could guard the alter and lake of the moone/sunne. Rock/ghost for lunatone and rock/steel for solrock.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom