• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Alolan forms?

Interesting but it'll need to be better than Alolan Sandslash, who shares the Ice/Steel typing. Bisharp loves Defiant so hopefully an Alolan form doesn't lose it.

offensive Bisharp would be better then defensive Sandlash.
But I would changes its stats more like Ninetales got. More speed +20 and less defense.
Plus would like to change that Pressure ability into something better like Motor Drive or something much cooler like Sniper. (first ice type would have it)

what about Sunflora, grass/fire?
Ledian , bug/fighting?
furret, ice/normal with fur coat?
Aipom , ice/fighting?
Yanma line, bug/dragon?
Murkrow or Xatu , flying/ghost?
girafarig, psychic/ghost or psychic/dark?
Dunsparce, dragon/fairy?
Corsola, water/fairy or water/ghost? or maybe Octilery?
Miltank, ground/fairy?

Last edited:
offensive Bisharp would be better then defensive Sandlash.
But I would changes its stats more like Ninetales got. More speed +20 and less defense.
Plus would like to change that Pressure ability into something better like Motor Drive or something much cooler like Sniper. (first ice type would have it)

what about Sunflora, grass/fire?
Ledian , bug/fighting?
furret, ice/normal with fur coat?
Aipom , ice/fighting?
Yanma line, bug/dragon?
Murkrow or Xatu , flying/ghost?
girafarig, psychic/ghost or psychic/dark?
Dunsparce, dragon/fairy?
Corsola, water/fairy or water/ghost? or maybe Octilery?
Miltank, ground/fairy?

I so desperately want a bug/dragon yanmega to be a thing. Along with a dragon/fairy Dunsparce.

If we do get new alolan forms, I hope there's a good story behind them, like the one for Alolan Vulpix or Exeggutor. Unlike the one for Alolan Raichu- it's like they didn't even try -.-

Why not one for Wobbuffet? It is a popular Pokemon due to the anime.

If we do get new alolan forms, I hope there's a good story behind them, like the one for Alolan Vulpix or Exeggutor. Unlike the one for Alolan Raichu- it's like they didn't even try -.-

That's because its "backstory" was meant to be a joke. No one is supposed to take it seriously.

I think that's their way of covering it up. They didn't try enough, so they made the form into a joke. It's extremely uncreative imo to just leave any justification.
I think it's more like a reference to the Surfing Pikachu events and Puka from the Anime (a Surfing Pikachu who uses psychic powers to surf instead of the move). They just didn't want to use such a reference for the backstory, so they made up the pancake thing.

I think it's more like a reference to the Surfing Pikachu events and Puka from the Anime (a Surfing Pikachu who uses psychic powers to surf instead of the move). They just didn't want to use such a reference for the backstory, so they made up the pancake thing.

But still, an explanation would be nice. The one which comes on the top of my head is: Pikachu in Alola were very popular, mostly captured by the surfers of the region, who also had Psychic Pokemon like Slowking, and Starmie in ample quantities. To live up to the hopes of their trainer (which they, I think would want to do given Pichu evolve by happiness), Pikachu decided to take up Surfing. The training with Water/Psychic Types also boosted their intelligence.

There was also the fact that Alolan thunderstone were mined from slightly different ores than from the other regions. Alolan thunderstones facilitated mutation in any species that evolve by it. So, combined with all of these factors, Pikachu began to evolve into different Raichu. This thunderstone dosen't cause any mutation in Jolteon as there are no other factors to cause them to mutate, unlike Raichu.

I think I'd also retain the pancake thing as existing as kind of headcannon in the minds of some uneducated Alolan people.

But still, an explanation would be nice. The one which comes on the top of my head is: Pikachu in Alola were very popular, mostly captured by the surfers of the region, who also had Psychic Pokemon like Slowking, and Starmie in ample quantities. To live up to the hopes of their trainer (which they, I think would want to do given Pichu evolve by happiness), Pikachu decided to take up Surfing. The training with Water/Psychic Types also boosted their intelligence.

There was also the fact that Alolan thunderstone were mined from slightly different ores than from the other regions. Alolan thunderstones facilitated mutation in any species that evolve by it. So, combined with all of these factors, Pikachu began to evolve into different Raichu. This thunderstone dosen't cause any mutation in Jolteon as there are no other factors to cause them to mutate, unlike Raichu.

I think I'd also retain the pancake thing as existing as kind of headcannon in the minds of some uneducated Alolan people.
I see Pokémon lore and dex entries as nothing more than common stories that people would hear, much like how real-life storks are said to deliver babies, or that cats can see a different plane of existence, or something. Sure, some may be true, like dolphins and Lapras being able to understand human speech, but I don't think every pokedex entry is intended to be scientifically accurate, much like the stork's heavy association with babies. So I don't really see a problem with them making up the pancake thing. In the world of alola, that's what people say is the reasoning for psychic raichu. Not necessarily true, just a fun tidbit.

Also, I don't feel like Alolan variants necessarily NEED an explanation as to why/how they developed that way. It's just a different climate with different external factors. That happens anywhere. I'm actually surprised they didn't do this sooner, tbh.

I see Pokémon lore and dex entries as nothing more than common stories that people would hear, much like how real-life storks are said to deliver babies, or that cats can see a different plane of existence, or something. Sure, some may be true, like dolphins and Lapras being able to understand human speech, but I don't think every pokedex entry is intended to be scientifically accurate, much like the stork's heavy association with babies. So I don't really see a problem with them making up the pancake thing. In the world of alola, that's what people say is the reasoning for psychic raichu. Not necessarily true, just a fun tidbit.

Also, I don't feel like Alolan variants necessarily NEED an explanation as to why/how they developed that way. It's just a different climate with different external factors. That happens anywhere. I'm actually surprised they didn't do this sooner, tbh.

I fully understand that. I just wish they hadn't left out that single Alolan form though (rest of them got decent scientific explanations). The fact that the form in question happens to be the Variant of my favourite Pokemon dosen't do any favours though. o_O

I agree in that we need more Alolan forms apart from Generation I Pokemon, but I have a funny feeling that we will see a lot of Generation II Alolan forms in the upcoming game. But the downside is that there was no water-type Alolan forms, and I would like to see some water-type forms. A lot of people talk about a Alola Arcanine, but just remember that there were rumors of Mega Latios and Latias in X & Y but didn't happen (it did happen in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire though), so we could see a water-type Alola Arcanine in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Komala: Form Changer

A Wake-up-form for Komala and the log as the all time holded Item that activates it and grands Comatose,
when Komala is force to wake up(wake up slap, dream eater, nightmare, bad dreams) or some thing tries to remove the log: Knock-out or Thief then Komala wakes up and becomes stronger and gains the fighting/normal type with vital spirit.
Or it leases its spiritual powers and becomes a ghost/normal pokemon that cant sleep(vital spirit).

Komala: Form Changer

A Wake-up-form for Komala and the log as the all time holded Item that activates it and grands Comatose,
when Komala is force to wake up(wake up slap, dream eater, nightmare, bad dreams) or some thing tries to remove the log: Knock-out or Thief then Komala wakes up and becomes stronger and gains the fighting/normal type with vital spirit.
Or it leases its spiritual powers and becomes a ghost/normal pokemon that cant sleep(vital spirit).
losing its unique ability ....? Uh, no thanks
Also, speaking of dex entries. No, the kawaii koala isn't getting a form. It says "it is born asleep and dies asleep". There's no such thing as a komala that can be forced awake

In aloha forms if jhoto then u guys need to think of it more clearly

"what Pokemon aren't in Aloha region these Pokemon aren't in Aloha"

I think their possibly of Hoppip evolved forms, Sunflora, Dunsprance possible Ash did try to captured two times, Sentrent furret,

I dont see these pokmeon in Aloha pokedex number of the region

Furret does have Pshysic type moves so possible Psychic

Hoppip a fairy pokemon

Sunflora possible Fairy or fire type or something

Dunsprance possible flying or poison

In aloha forms if jhoto then u guys need to think of it more clearly

"what Pokemon aren't in Aloha region these Pokemon aren't in Aloha"

I think their possibly of Hoppip evolved forms, Sunflora, Dunsprance possible Ash did try to captured two times, Sentrent furret,

I dont see these pokmeon in Aloha pokedex number of the region

Furret does have Pshysic type moves so possible Psychic

Hoppip a fairy pokemon

Sunflora possible Fairy or fire type or something

Dunsprance possible flying or poison
The thing is that most Johto pokemon eligible for alolan forms have been conveniently left out of the SM dex, that's why people believe johto alolan forms are possible.

You have sentret, hoothoot, hoppip, natu, remoraid, oddish (for bellossom), sunkern, wooper, teddiursa, slugma, phanpy

They could easily get alolan forms...but we know Mantine is now a pokeride and is hence available in the dex (unless it's like charizard who isnt in the dex but is a ride)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom