• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New and Creative moveset thread

Shuckle
Nature:Impish/Relaxed
Hold Item:Earth Plate
EVs: Def 252, HP 252,
Moves:
Power Trick
Gyro Ball
EarthQuake
Return

Change item to Focus Sash and get passed a sub, because otherwise you will get KO'd rather easily after Power Trick.

What does Power Trick do?
On serebii it says it switches its own attack and defense.
On another site it says it switches its attack and defense with the opponents pokemon.

What does Power Trick do?
On serebii it says it switches its own attack and defense.
On another site it says it switches its attack and defense with the opponents pokemon.

Power Trick - This move swaps the user's Attack and Defense stats. Attack and Defense boosts are still applied to their stat.

Power Swap - Swaps Attack and Special Attack boosts and drops with the target.

^ Smogon.

It's a bit odd that you are asking what Power Trick does after you've made a moveset using it.

Shuckle's special defense will still be monstrous, so bring it in on a special sweeper and it may work.

Shuckle's special defense will still be monstrous, so bring it in on a special sweeper and it may work.

You'd still have to Power Trick on the switch, and the incoming attacker would take you out first. Unless you had Trick Room support, which still wouldn't last very long.

This set works better in doubles, where you can Power Trick and Trick Room on the same turn. Power Trick doesn't leave you open because Shuckle is so slow, and then you can outspeed the next turn.

Ubers- A surprise lead.
So I was doing some Ubers battles over Shoddy and 90% of the teams lead with Deoxys Speed. So that pissed me off. So I decided, why not use a lead that nobody ever uses and is very absurd as a lead.

151.png

Mew @ Lum Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/68 Spd/190 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

Usually I'm able to get at least one Rock Polish and one Swords Dance up before having to pass. 68 Speed outspeeds +Speed Nature, 252 Speed Deoxys-E after a +2 Boost. The Nature and whether to put some EVs into defense could probably use some work, though. This CAN be 1 nasty lead..

Thoughts?

The whole point of the Mew is to come in as a first mon. SD 2 times baton pass out.
OR give it a focus sash to make sure it doesn't die.

The whole point of the Mew is to come in as a first mon. SD 2 times baton pass out.
OR give it a focus sash to make sure it doesn't die.
That Mew is basically screwed if it gets hit by Taunt. It doesn't matter if it's a lead. If it gets hit by Taunt, it can't do anything. Even Struggle won't do much with a -Atk nature.

That Mew is basically screwed if it gets hit by Taunt. It doesn't matter if it's a lead. If it gets hit by Taunt, it can't do anything. Even Struggle won't do much with a -Atk nature.

That is true.

look at the mew page on Smogon, it is the exact same thing, evs, nature, and all the same. the only difference is it is used as a lead, where it is beaten by the m ost common lead in the game.

If you want to counter a Deo-Speed lead, try to find something with a really powerful Shadow Sneak.

You could probably get a very strong counter-lead Giratina...something like Shadow Sneak/Dragon Claw/Shadow Force/filler and a Choice Band.

I tried making a gimmicky annoyer yesterday and it works ok depending on the situation so here it is:
ninetails(roarbitch)@ leftover
nature: timid
evs: 252/spe 252/spd 4/spa
-roar
-dark pulse
-flamethrower/energy ball
-toxic/will-o-wisp
energy ball is somewhat better if you roar in a water type that would hate to be surprised by energy ball. I know there are way better pokes for roar annoying but I like how this one feels. Any thoughts on it??

Why Dark Pulse as a set move? I would think you'd want Flamethrower there and Energy Ball/Dark Pulse as your other damaging move.

Also, I don't like Ninetales' complete lack of bulk for a Roarer. If you can get it to work, good for you. I probably wouldn't try it though.

cheesus is right, having only special bulk isn't enough once a physical pokemon comes in, so you cant phaze consitantly. hariyama does it better in uu, and many pokemon including the similar heatran in OU.

Maybe a Forretress with 255 Defense and Sp. Defense EVs? Quite possibly holding a Leftovers?
With the moves Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Counter? ._. I'm not sure how it'd work, but if someone could pull it off, it'd deal a crapload of damage, I'm certain.

If you want to counter a Deo-Speed lead, try to find something with a really powerful Shadow Sneak.

You could probably get a very strong counter-lead Giratina...something like Shadow Sneak/Dragon Claw/Shadow Force/filler and a Choice Band.

Ariados works! It can also set up toxic spikes which is pretty deadly in ubers. You can also use something with priority such as ray or go with a scarf lead like mewtwo,darkrai, or shaymin. Plenty of options out there.

Maybe a Forretress with 255 Defense and Sp. Defense EVs? Quite possibly holding a Leftovers?
With the moves Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Counter? ._. I'm not sure how it'd work, but if someone could pull it off, it'd deal a crapload of damage, I'm certain.

Counter does more with more HP, so maximize HP for a more effective Forretress. But still, this would not work, any special attacker would destroy you and you wouldn't be able to do anything.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom