• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Dub Title

LOL. XD!!

*cracks up*

Yes! Another great pun! ^_^

And I like this one a lot, since it's a pun based on another episode title, "The Rivalry Revival". That's so awesome!!!! :-D

Besides the fact it spoils Starly's evolution near the episode's end, it totally works. Nice work on these last few, TAJ!

Actually, Starly's evolution was blatantly spoiled because of the media-res before the opening (well it glowed, but you have to have a massive brain damage like MUKU.BIRD. to not deduce what it is).

Bleck. I don't really like it, it spoils the episode (similar to "Second Time's The Charm!") and isn't really as creative as the last bunch.

I'm still hoping they use mine, "The School Of Roark," when we get to Oreburgh City....

How the hell is that spoiling the evolution any different from "That's just Swellow" from Hoenn?

4kids spoiled a few evo's in their titles as well, this is no different.

They did? Oh, I wouldn't know that, since I had stopped watching altogether during the middle of Johto; didn't get back into it until the whole switch happened.

They did? Oh, I wouldn't know that, since I had stopped watching altogether during the middle of Johto; didn't get back into it until the whole switch happened.

You can see the dub titles on serebii's episode list real quickly.

That's...exactly the same as the Japanese title. I just don't get the random 'o' tacked on.

Holy shit! After about 500 episodes, they FINALLY decide to use a Japanese title, or very close to it at least.

I forgot about that. Okay, let me rephrase that. After about 500 episodes, the FINALLY decide to use a Japanese title for a regular 30-minute episode.

And here was little ol' me spending hours on end thinking of how they would change "Leave it to Brock". I'm SERIOUSLY glad they (almost) didn't.

I forgot about that. Okay, let me rephrase that. After about 500 episodes, the FINALLY decide to use a Japanese title for a regular 30-minute episode.
What about the first episodes that all kept their titles? :p

Yes, glad to see it's more or less been kept. Anyone want to explain what it's a reference to? I mean, besides Ash's "Yo, Brocko" comment from way back when.

Dogasu's Site said:
Japanese Episode 001: "Pokemon I Choose You!"
American Episode 001: "Pokémon I Choose You!"

Japanese Episode 21: “BAI BAI Butterfurii”
(“Bye Bye Butterfree”)
American Episode 21: “Bye Bye Butterfree”

Japanese Episode 24: "Goosuto(that would be Haunter) VS Esupaa(that would be Kadabra)"
("Ghosto vs. ESP!")
American Episode 24: "Haunter vs. Kadabra"
I think "several hundred eps after 4Kids gave up on using any JP titles, they finally decided to use a JP title for a 30-minute episode again" is more appropriate here. :p *picky*

"A Staravia is Born!" - Nice. I don't get people who complain that it spoils the ep, because a)the media res spoils the evo anyway and b)the title doesn't specify that it's ASH'S Staravia that's going to be "born". And I have to wonder how many little kids take much stock in the titles anyway, other than seeing what Pokemon might have a lage role.
"Leave it to Brocko" - ...Brocko? Did hey decide that "Leave it to Brocker" would be too clunky to make a better "Leave it to Beaver" pun? (and yes I know that the original title was Leave It To Brock).

Don't forget Hoenn's Which Wurmple is Which? :p

This was an easy title to keep, added 'o' or not. Though I could point out that PUSA also added a dash to Pokémon Ranger - Deoxys Crisis. Let's stop being picky. The dub titles are usually easier to remember and write than the Japanse titles and PUSA have come up with some real hits.

I think Ash has called Brock "Brocko" more than once. Yet why PUSA would remember this and not other things *cough*Takeshi'sParadise*cough* eludes me.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom