• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions?

Re: Dragon Eevee

I think there wouldn't be any Dragon-type Eevee.

With the addition of Fairy-type, pure Dragon-types aren't that good any more.
Also I wouldn't prefer to have a Dragon-type Eevee on my team while there are a lot more stronger than it with over 525 base stat total.

All in all, a Dragon-type Eevee would suck.

Also I wouldn't prefer to have a Dragon-type Eevee on my team while there are a lot more stronger than it with over 525 base stat total.

Tell that to Druddigon, Altaria and Flygon, three dragons that have less than 525, just because it has lower BST than any of the pseudo dragons doesn't mean that it has no reason to exist. Also if the Dragon type Eevee has the stats distribution said in the posts above all the pseudo dragons would be destroyed before they could move because they have at best 100 base speed, with Garchomp having 102, the BST doesn't determine the exact power of a pokemon, there are pokemon with lower BST that outperform alot of the pokemon with higher BST.

Last edited:

Yep. A Dragon Eeveelution would suck, just like a Grass and Ice Eeveelution with so many weaknesses.

Oh wait.

That aside, I wouldn't mind seeing Eeveelutions for all Types. I usually find them cute and quite useful despite their limitations. If they have to stop at one point, I'd like to see Dragon being the last one, as it's the trend they had going for Eeveelutions: giving one to each Type that was originally Special-based. While Fairy was made after the Physical/Special split, I think it's very obvious it would've been a Special Type had it been added prior to 4th Gen. There's only one Physical Fairy move, and back then we had 9 Physical Types VS 8 Special Types, so balance was needed.

Dragon was one of the formerly Special Types, and as of today the only one without a related Eeveelution. Given how 6th Gen gave us only Sylveon, I won't be too sure of seeing any more, let alone a Dragon Eeveelution, but anything can happen. I'd like to see one at least.

Tell that to Druddigon, Altaria and Flygon, three dragons that have less than 525, just because it has lower BST than any of the pseudo dragons doesn't mean that it has no reason to exist. Also if the Dragon type Eevee has the stats distribution said in the posts above all the pseudo dragons would be destroyed before they could move because they have at best 100 base speed, with Garchomp having 102, the BST doesn't determine the exact power of a pokemon, there are pokemon with lower BST that outperform alot of the pokemon with higher BST.
Altaria, what a tough cookie.:lol:
And do you think those 3 are useful Dragons?:uhoh:

Besides, I'm not so sure about your reading skills...

Altaria, what a tough cookie.:lol:
And do you think those 3 are useful Dragons?:uhoh:

Besides, I'm not so sure about your reading skills...
I wasn't talking about pure Dragon types, i was talking about the Dragons that have less than 525 BST, you were basically saying just because a pokemon has lower BST than the other pokemon of its type it's going to suck and doesn't need to exist and yes those three are good pokemon.

Also having only Dragon typing is much better now, Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp get wrecked by Ice, Hydreigon is destroyed by Fairy type and the only exception is Goodra, while it has only Dragon typing, it's mediocre 80 base Speed and 70 base Defense pretty much lets the other Dragons destroy him, with Dragon typing only the pokemon has only 3 2x weakness and 4 resistances, while the pseudo dragons (except Goodra) have around the same number of resistances and weaknesses but they have something worse: a 4x weakness to a common offensive type and that is the worst thing a pokemon can have, an exploitable weakness that knocks them out easily.

If they give Dragon type Eevee 130 base Attack and 110 base Speed (wich would be basically a physical Espeon) it's going to be a solid pokemon and if it has access to Dragon Dance or Swords Dance it's going to be better than Haxorus and Goodra. So in the end a pokemon it's not going to suck just because it has less BST than some of the other pokemon of its type or because it has a typing that you think it's bad, wich in this case it's not.

Last edited:

Good luck on any eventual Drakeon having a decent moveset. The other running theme with Eeveelutions is that fans are always disappointed by the movesets

Considering we can just use TMs and HMs, I find that to be quite silly.

I'm all for more Eevees

If the purpose and point is to pair with Sylveon, I would want it to be a Poison-type or Steel-type Eevelution. This is to bring more options to counter Fairy-types.
Venomeon (it sounds weird lol)
HP 65
Attack 60
Defense 65
Special Attack 110
Special Defense 130
Speed 90

Ability: Poison Heal, Adaptability (HA)
Notable moves: Gunk Shot, Nasty Plot, Sludge Wave, Pain Split

Posion types can't even be poisoned, it would be a waste

YES!!! MOOAAAAR EEVEELUTIONS!!! MOOAAAAR!!

The types I want to see the most:
-Dragon
-Flying
-Ghost
-Fighting

Did anyone mention the possibility of dual-type Eeveelutions? It's something we haven't seen yet, and I think it would help to diversify the Eeveelutions a little bit.
Most likely dual-types:
Rock/Ground
Bug/Poison
Dragon/Flying

I think there are more than enough eeveelutions. Hopefully Sylveon is the last one.

Since Sylveon was the first Fairy-type to be introduced, I say keep it going. If a new type will ever be made, make Eevee the first one to evolve into that type.

What do you think?

Agree with Dragon.

In Gen 2 when they nerfed Psychic they added Psychic (that time the light type) and Dark at the same time.

So in Gen 6 when they nerfed Dragon they could have added Drageon and Sylveon.

Good luck on any eventual Drakeon having a decent moveset. The other running theme with Eeveelutions is that fans are always disappointed by the movesets

Considering we can just use TMs and HMs, I find that to be quite silly.

It's still a pain to make a good moveset fit the stats for Flareon and Leafeon, even with re-usable TMs. Glaceon did much better though. snow cloak + hail + blizzard + icy rock / brightpowder = white death.

I would like to see a norm/flying or pure flying Eeveelution more than any other. I couldn't tell you why, i just think it has potential to be really good.

But it sucks you can't have all the Eeveelutions on a team anymore. Please GF, expand the number of pokes per team!!!

I have been fantasizing about a flying type eeveelution for a while now. I call it Avieon, and here is its stat layout:

HP: 60
Attack: 95
Defense: 65
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 65
Speed: 130

Anything for 3 or 4 more Eeveelutions! I don't know what specifically it is about them, but I enjoy them and they always have a spot on my team. Drageon or whatever it is sounds awesome and I would totally have it.

These are a few ideas I had.

Mammaleon: Evolves when given a Shiny Stone while it knows an offensive Normal Type move.
Normal:
HP: 65
Attack: 60
Defense: 95
Special Attack: 130
Speed: 110
Notable moves: Hyper Beam, Heal Bell

Metaleon: Evolves when leveled up near fire or lava and a Ground Type Pokemon is in your party, (didn't really know how to do this one effectively so its up in the air at this point).
Steel:
HP: 110
Defense: 130
Special Attack: 60
Speed: 65
Notable Moves: Iron Head, Counter

Obliveon: Evolves when traded with a Shadow Tag, (NPC would do this trade in game for you).
Ghost:
HP: 65
Attack: 130
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 95
Notable Moves: Shadow Ball, Phantom Force

That's all folks.

I have been fantasizing about a flying type eeveelution for a while now. I call it Avieon, and here is its stat layout:

Since there are not as many strong physical Flying type moves as there are special, maybe that 95 stat should be allocated to one of its defenses?

Anyways, I love the Eeveelutions and hope more continue to come. It would also be nice if their designs start becoming as complex/detailed as Sylveon's.

Since there are not as many strong physical Flying type moves as there are special, maybe that 95 stat should be allocated to one of its defenses?

Anyways, I love the Eeveelutions and hope more continue to come. It would also be nice if their designs start becoming as complex/detailed as Sylveon's.

I've always found flying types to be relatively frail, and a slightly mixed attacker would be nice, especially for an eeveelution. This would work because, like all eeveelutions, Avieon's movepool will not be limited to flying type moves. :)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom