• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New Ending Theme: The Notebook of the Heart

How long do they keep using the same ending theme for? I tend to skip over the ending theme most of the time.

I wonder if maybe this might be the last ending theme before the end of Sun/Moon or if we have one more before then.

i felt like a song for new year celebration or merry Christmas celebration's song but i love it it is relaxing song

They really don't have much budget for footage nowadays, do they?. It's literally a scrolling panel moving at a speed of 1 cm per second or so. And the characters are soo far in the background that I can't even say I'm happy they're there. Easily the worst ending footage-wise of SM. I'm conflicted whether I prefer cute Pokemon dancing or this cheap and slow images.

On the other hand, the music is quite nice. I found this chorus style appealing in a trip I did a few months ago, and seeing it in Pokemon alongside a very good melody and nostalgic lyrics is amazing. It deserved better footage.

What is this song about?
(TV Size lyrics)
Damp from the morning rain, the rice field paths soak up the sunlight
Gazing on the clear blue sky, we remember the days we shared
The moon is melted by sunrise, as the clock marks a new day

I too, must go out into the future we've sought
Open a blank notebook in your heart
Write down your dreams on the first page, your memories on the last

You are on a great journey, a life that lives on today
I can hear a warm voice calling out to me

Loveliest music we've had in Pokeani for generations (since AG as far as I'm concerned!) I expect this song to last till the end of SM, but the footage will be extremely easy to modify/replace with team changes or plot changes or OMG-IT'S-NEARLY-THE-END! changes.

They've put up the sheet music for the full song online for free: http://www.at-elise.com/Music/pokemon-ending2019/score/kokoro-no-note.pdf
My new goal is to analyze those sheet and play this song!

I already have a glimpse of how this song works-
The first bar clealry looks like D major. ( there are 2#, and the emphasis on that D major chord would make it the tonic.) It makes me expect a movement to either the IV or V of the key of course...

Gotta listen to the song someday and see if I'm correct.
Thanks for the sheet!

Edit: I just noticed a pattern in those bass tones in the first four bars, I guess...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom