• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New evolution among the main cast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crax

Reaction score
Sushi said:
PokéAni posted new information from a magazine...

The summary there seems to confirm the evolution of a main cast Pokémon in the Solaceon Town arc (they didn't say whether it was the Ruins or the Contest episode). The people on PokéAni wouldn't say which one, but hinted it's an ape/monkey Pokémon. Go figure.
taken from sppf

Well, seems like we have an Ambipom evolution incoming (possible to be a Monferno too)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Prolly Ambipom. Lord knows we've waited long enough for it.

Probably Aipom to Ambipom. It only makes sense since Contests are Hikari's things, not Satoshi's, so it'll be her 'monkey' evolving. It's about damn time, too.

I also think that it's probably Aipom's evolution.

But it could also be Chimchar, but then the evolution must take place in the ruins episode (not so belivable that one of Ash's pokes evolves during a contest..). At least I have been waiting a long time for a starter to evolve. And it's friggin time soon, im tired of all the stage one pokemon.

Chimchar hasn't gotten enough screentime with Ash, it would feel like a rushed evo.

Yeah, I'm betting on Aipom too.

Chimchar hasn't gotten enough screentime with Ash, it would feel like a rushed evo.

Tell that to the useless bird. It never did anything and evolved not too long after Ash got it.

Also techincally Chimchar has been around longer than Piplup and Turtwig have combined so it's got the right's to go for it, sides Monferno vs Lucario in the upcoming gym battle would be damn awsome.

Yeah, I'm betting on Aipom too.

Maybe they'll both evolve since these are supposedly the last two episodes of the year and if i'm not mistaken we got two evo's last year at the end as well.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if Eipom evolved so soon after being traded; my gut instinct is that it would take longer for Eipom to get used to being trained by Hikari. Hikozaru has at least been with Satoshi longer than Eipom has with Hikari.

I would like to reiterate something that seems to have been overlooked so far though:

Sushi said:
The people on PokéAni wouldn't say which one, but hinted it's an ape/monkey Pokémon.

For all we know, it isn't Eipom or Hikozaru. Could be Naetle.

It could be Naetle, but it seems more likely to be Aipom than anyone. It's been around the longest, aside from Pikachu, and it really is due up for an evolution so it can actually be a 'Shinou' Pokemon. Though, it could also be Pocchama since it's been around longer than Naetle. :/

I looked at Pokeani, and the guy who posted the info just says an evolution happens.

The only "monkey" I see is a dude posting, and I do not kid, "monkey".

Hmm, true. I'd prefer to give Hikozaru more time with the group before it evolves though. It's been around long enough that it could regardless. Aipom would be the best choice, given the likelihood of it being the 'star' of the contest and the amount of time its been around. Any evolution is a good evolution though.

I hope it's
Aipom.gif

Hm... Well it can either be Turtwig, Chimchar, Staravia, Buoyzel, Piplup, Buneary, Aipom, Croagunk, or Happini. OR, if they really throw a curveball at us, Pikachu. ;P

Well, it could be either Aipom or Chimchar, so I'm going to try and stay neutral on the subject.

Come to think of it, the year before that Eevee hatched in the last episode of the year...and prior to that, Ash caught Snorunt

Hm... Well it can either be Turtwig, Chimchar, Staravia, Buoyzel, Piplup, Buneary, Aipom, Croagunk, or Happini. OR, if they really throw a curveball at us, Pikachu. ;P

Or, y'know, Mime Junior or (equally a curveball) Meowth.

I've always wanted to see an episode where Meowth and Pikachu accidently evolve so their respective teams have to go find the DeEvolution Spray. You know, from the card game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom