• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New forum?

I saved all the pages and zipped them and gave them to Evan; ask him. Obviously, more has been posted since then, but if you're that curious, YOU could register.

What? They also insulted Scott?

Only we can do that!

And...me?

I have browsed the old Bulbagarden, and what I saw...was quite plainly, pathetic.

First off there was this rather quirky fellow/lady, goes by Habunake-whatever. He changes his name quite often, a sign of his ADD? Perhaps. He basically was a hodgepodge of stupid jokes, and obnoxiousness.

And the mods? Lower class fools, the lot of them. I was banned for merely protesting the thought of upgrading the horrid server, which quite frankly is about as slow as the member there.

*bows*

I hope this forum can appeciate my genius, and it looks like I won't be dissapointed.

:(

Last edited:
Yeah, I think they called for people like Scott85 to be "spayed and neutered." That's crazy! Their forums are like a shot in the arm from a very big needle.

And the mods? Lower class fools, the lot of them. I was banned for merely protesting the thought of upgrading the horrid server, which quite frankly is about as slow as the member there.

Quick check - have we ever banned anyone for that?

I mean, wouldn't we have to ban most of our own mod staff for that, considering how much we ourselves complain about it? o_O

I believe this proves that, without a doubt, the Internet is Serious Business.

lolz. Interwebs.

THEY DECLINED MY ACCOUNT
Oh now it's on.

I'm not so much offended by losing the glorious opportunity to post, it's that I get the feeling that I've somehow been judged as a shipper/person who regurgitates /b/ memes.

And yeah, I'd criticize the forum but I don't see the reason to. It's Something Awful/SASS all over again. They probably won't go away for a good while, but all they'll really do is laugh at this place on their own. Anyway, BMG could use some "constructive criticism" like Serebii's forums have been lucky enough to get and learn from!

All right, guys.

There's something seriously wrong with their forums, in more ways than one.

I noticed that it raises Firefox's memory usage by a lot when I visited that site, and it doesn't go down even after I left, and cleared my cache. My security software isn't picking up anything - yet, but it's beter to play safe rather than sorry...

Plus, judging from what I'm hearing and seeing, this is definitely someone out to ensure that they replace us using any means; they don't appear to look like it judging by their behaviour, but don't be fooled - my gut feeling is that they have something terrible up their sleeves, and it's something unconventional...

Guys, if you have used the same password you use anywhere else there, change those passwords immediately. For precautionary reasons, I suggest that we hard-ban known supporters and founders of those forums, and close this place to new registrations for a while. Also, scan the internet to make sure no one's poison-penning or backstabbing us somewhere else - I fear they may want to bring down our reputation by smearing something and make us look like we did it. Let the word be known that there's someone impersonating us. I have brushes with one of the founders on those forums, and they are more cunning than what you would like to think.

In short: they don't seem to be joking or fooling around.

I think we went over that a bit, but I'm not really buying it. What's the worst they could do? Get an admins password? Even after that I think there are ways to counteract that sort of problem.

They really have nothing to gain from that sort of thing, I think using a different password is protection enough - even if I really doubt they plan on RUINING OUR LIVES by using our accounts.

They just have a nostalgic view of this site, and the resent how it's 'changed' - and they want a community where they can all resent the imaginary change in harmony. This panic is ridiculous.

0.o

Darn, they changed my username to Habunake? How'd they know it was me? Uh...oh? I'm kinda freaked now. :(

I was having fun. :(

I didn't have anything with Firefox slowing though.

I think we went over that a bit, but I'm not really buying it. What's the worst they could do? Get an admins password? Even after that I think there are ways to counteract that sort of problem.

They really have nothing to gain from that sort of thing, I think using a different password is protection enough - even if I really doubt they plan on RUINING OUR LIVES by using our accounts.

They just have a nostalgic view of this site, and the resent how it's 'changed' - and they want a community where they can all resent the imaginary change in harmony. This panic is ridiculous.
It's not about robbing someone's password. It's far more complicated than that.

Defamation, confusion, smear campaigns, and framing us. Do you get it?

Woah!

After visiting that site, I did notice my Opera browser usage jumped to 100% (it's gone now).

I'm definately staying away.

Oooh, did they just put the countdown up? Maybe this is what was draining browser usage?

I noticed that it raises Firefox's memory usage by a lot when I visited that site, and it doesn't go down even after I left, and cleared my cache. My security software isn't picking up anything - yet, but it's beter to play safe rather than sorry...

After visiting that site, I did notice my Opera browser usage jumped to 100% (it's gone now).

I think you're trying to make something out of nothing there :/

I'm as curious as you guys, so I went on to have a look; browsed the source and stuff; didn't see anything out of the ordinary except for the Java countdown at the top.

Firefox does have quite a history of leaking memory left, right and centre for absolutely no feasible reason whatsoever. Guess you have to take that into consideration.

Opera I'm not so sure about.

I think it's safe to assume you're doing it on Windows though, right? Java has never been that great on windows since MS got told to cease and desist with their proprietary Java VM. Try another page in your browser with a Java app, I think you might be surprised.

When I went on it, my browser CPU usage went up a whole 0.4% (yes, I was shocked! my precious CPU cycles!).

All the blah blah.

In short: they don't seem to be joking or fooling around.
I'm lost for words mate. Lost for words.
It's not about robbing someone's password. It's far more complicated than that.

Defamation, confusion, smear campaigns, and framing us. Do you get it?
This is quite possibly the single greatest threat know to all of mankind on the internet.

This is more than madness, this is more than Sparta. This... this is beyond human comprehension.

Lets get serious.
Neku said:
And they're just jealous.
Jealous of what, exactly?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom