• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Gym Leaders and Elite 4?

So the screenshot in Norman's gym has Combusken at Level 28. In Ruby and Sapphire, his first Slaking was at that level. It looks they'll be keeping the difficulty of the originals then. I do wonder though whether the teams will stay the same. Also, could the reason why the other two Elite Four haven't been revealed is because they're not keeping them?

Also, could the reason why the other two Elite Four haven't been revealed is because they're not keeping them?

It's because they are saving them to reveal another month. Same as the rest of the gym leaders.

My point was more so that the badge case shows you getting Roxanne's badge first, as opposed to Norman's. Also, in regards to your last point, I'm pretty sure it's only HGSS where Blue is certainly last, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm sure that the order of the badges will likely remain the same as in RSE. They likely were showing the gyms in geographical order.

So the screenshot in Norman's gym has Combusken at Level 28. In Ruby and Sapphire, his first Slaking was at that level. It looks they'll be keeping the difficulty of the originals then.

Seems likely. For me RSE was probably one of the more difficult groups of games in the series

I do wonder though whether the teams will stay the same.

Maybe asides from a few additions the teams will likely be the same as in Emerald.

Also, could the reason why the other two Elite Four haven't been revealed is because they're not keeping them?

No. I'm kind of surprised we've seen as many leaders and Elite Four this far out. I would be surprised if we get anymore than what we have so far. We've been getting a ton of information every CoroCoro since the game was announced. It seems that the focus will likely be on the Mega Evolution's in the coming months though.

Well hot freaking darn. These redesigns of the E4 and Leaders are looking polished as heck. I mean, they even add expressions to their overworld models. Wow... almost NO ONE got that kind of treatment in XY, aside from... heck, I only remember Shuana getting overworld expressions.

After what I saw today it looks like the original Elite 4 and Gym Leaders are back. If they decide to give Juan a role in the game I wouldn't be surprised but if not there is still Emerald, Black 2 and White 2 for me to face him in since it is not that much of a big deal.

Well hot freaking darn. These redesigns of the E4 and Leaders are looking polished as heck. I mean, they even add expressions to their overworld models. Wow... almost NO ONE got that kind of treatment in XY, aside from... heck, I only remember Shuana getting overworld expressions.

Quite a few did. Trevor, Tierno, and your rival. Emma and Looker, of course. Not sure how many Gym Leaders did, but I do remember Valerie. At any rate, it's nice to see more characters getting them~

Sidney has a bracelet now I think that leaves it open for a chance he could use Mega Absol.
Phoebe has anklet but she's always had one.
I'm really relieved that she's using a Dusknoir hopefully they'll add an extra ice type to the Hoenn Dex so you don't have to fight the same pokemon.

Sidney has a bracelet now I think that leaves it open for a chance he could use Mega Absol.

There's no key stone in the bracelet though. The key stones are multi-coloured like the Mega Evolution symbol, whereas Sidney's bracelet is just white.

I think we would high possibly not be wrong if we say the twins Tate & Liza and the representers of water type Wallace in Ruby & Sapphire with Juan in Emerald are going to be replaced. If we take a look at the steps of past of remakes, we can see that there is absolutely no single difference between Heart Gold & Soul Silver GYM Leaders and their original ones Gold & Silver, which takes away the actual possibility of old GYM Leaders to be replaced.

Yes. But if we also take a look at recent past, Black & White and Black 2 & White 2 give us serious differences between GYM Leaders, that actually Black 2 and White 2 tell us about only 2 years later's Unova region, and we can't ignore that. As a result, I'd bet my money on two new GYM Leaders.

I think we would high possibly not be wrong if we say the twins Tate & Liza and the representers of water type Wallace in Ruby & Sapphire with Juan in Emerald are going to be replaced. If we take a look at the steps of past of remakes, we can see that there is absolutely no single difference between Heart Gold & Soul Silver GYM Leaders and their original ones Gold & Silver, which takes away the actual possibility of old GYM Leaders to be replaced.

Yes. But if we also take a look at recent past, Black & White and Black 2 & White 2 give us serious differences between GYM Leaders, that actually Black 2 and White 2 tell us about only 2 years later's Unova region, and we can't ignore that. As a result, I'd bet my money on two new GYM Leaders.

But B2W2 were sequels, not remakes. I think Juan will get the boot if GF is staying true to the originals. Though, since Double Battles aren't new anymore, there doesn't need to be a double battle with Tate and Liza, though I don't see them getting rid of them or that battle format for a gym battle.

Though, since Double Battles aren't new anymore, there doesn't need to be a double battle with Tate and Liza, though I don't see them getting rid of them or that battle format for a gym battle.

Just because Double Battles aren't new anymore doesn't mean there's any reason Tate and Liza shouldn't still challenge you to a Double Battle. The Gym battle with Tate and Liza wasn't teaching you about them or anything; you'd have faced plenty by that point. I don't see any reason why they would change that.

Staff Note: Japanese characters are really buggy here and tend to screw up the forum's formatting, so let's avoid using them in the meantime.

Yeah, hopefully we get the Protect TM before Norman's gym. If not, good luck nuzlockers :p

I don't see why Juan would get axed. Since Gym Leader rematches appear to be a mainstay now, you can fight Juan in Wallace's place postgame. Provided the game explains why Steven retired and Wallace becomes Champion.

Slaking gets Retaliate? This means they are improving movesets and thank god, a bunch of gym leaders and E4 mons had horrible movesets. Also, Flannery's Torkoal still has Overheat, which is a good thing.

There's a probable chance that they could change around where the TMs are considering that they're now permanent and more than in the originals.

Also I was hoping that individual gym themes for each leader could return this time around but going by the audio people have ripped from the trailers it doesn't look likely.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom