• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Johto Handbook

09MurphyM

Reaction score
According to amazon, a new Guide for Johto will be released in 2010. according to the description, Ash and his friends will be returning to Johto. Of course, i am going to wait and see about the book.

Pretty much, I doubt they would know about something like that from this early a time.

I think a correct description would be that the games are returning to Johto, and, "here are some Johto Pokemon that live there." etc.

I love how an english handbook with no connections to the Japanese writers assume things.

I think a correct description would be that the games are returning to Johto, and, "here are some Johto Pokemon that live there." etc.

I love how an english handbook with no connections to the Japanese writers assume things.

Yeah just like the Australian magazine :rolleyes:

I don't understand this sudden fascination with the Johto region. THEY'VE BEEN THERE ALREADY there is not point at all going back unless they are going to further promote the 13th movie and the games. It's understandable if they go back to Indigo because that's where Ash and Brock home's are. I swear just wait for the 3rd gen remakes of Sapphire and Ruby the same fascination will occur...>_>

I don't understand this sudden fascination with the Johto region. THEY'VE BEEN THERE ALREADY there is not point at all going back unless they are going to further promote the 13th movie and the games. It's understandable if they go back to Indigo because that's where Ash and Brock home's are. I swear just wait for the 3rd gen remakes of Sapphire and Ruby the same fascination will occur...>_>

Good point.

I like Jotho and all but I see no reason why the anime has to go back there.
Ash didn't take the Kanto league all over again when FRLG came out, he went to the frontier which is there in Emerald too. So the other option is doing another Battle Frontier-season? Meh:/

For some reason, I'd love the Ash & Co. to return to Johto...

Maybe this could rehab the original Johto series which sucked. The original Johto was overused and underused in the same time. It was way too long gave us lots of bullshit episodes, yet there is tons of Johto material (and characters) that was ignored back then. The writers would now have the chance to use it.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that it goes to the Anime section?

I laugh how the reading age is "four to eight" (and is with nearly every Pokémon-based book) and everyone, including myself, is in their mid-to-late teens on this forum.

Hello? What about the Johto Battle Frontier? Ash, Brock, May and Max went to Kanto for the Battle Frontier. Plus, Dawn can enter in the Johto contests.

Yeah just like the Australian magazine :rolleyes:

The difference is Sinnoh won't end in Japan till at least another 8 months.

There is no way this magazine could know what's happening a whole year from now. By that logic it should also be able to spoil the main characters Pokemon at the time.

I really don't see this happening, especially after fandom reaction to the first Johto saga.

Hello? What about the Johto Battle Frontier? Ash, Brock, May and Max went to Kanto for the Battle Frontier. Plus, Dawn can enter in the Johto contests.

Your point being..? I just don't like it that everyone is so damn obsessed with Johto just because we're getting the game remakes and all of that...nobody was this crazy about Jotho before -_-

I agree the HGSS hype has made people go Johto crazy.

But I'm sure the hype will fade once the game comes out and Johto becomes old news, yet again.

The difference is Sinnoh won't end in Japan till at least another 8 months.

Prove it. For all we know they could suddenly have Volkner as the first January episode and stick the League into Feburary. You know nothing more than any of us do.

There is no way this magazine could know what's happening a whole year from now.

Yet Beckett somehow called Platinum in like January 2008.

I really don't see this happening, especially after fandom reaction to the first Johto saga.

If your notion of "fandom reaction" was what they relied upon, May would still be in the cast, Dawn wouldn't exist, Brock would be long gone and we never would have left Hoenn. Geez.

Prove it. For all we know they could suddenly have Volkner as the first January episode and stick the League into Feburary. You know nothing more than any of us do.

- Sunyshore not till January at the earliest. It'll probably be at least 3 or so episodes there, probably more, that takes up a whole month.

- Last Contest and Grand Festival will probably take up a month and a half. 2-parter Contest + 3-part Grand Festival...and who knows maybe the GF will be longer this time.

- Another month could be taken up by the wrap-up of Charon/Looker at Stark Mountain with Heatran.

- I assume Flint and Bertha will get episodes before the end of Sinnoh.

- Add in the usual training fillers before the league, most likely a few more Paul/Barry appearances.

- Sinnoh League eps, at least 8-10 episodes. If Ash gets further or wins this league, it would have to be at least 10 episodes to fit in all the 6 on 6 battles.

After all that, we'll likely be in June or July. Depending on what the writers might do, we could see the BF or whatever E4 stuff right after or a return to Pallet Town.

Therefore, this booklet would have to have info on episodes airing around August or September of 2010.

By this logic, the book should be able to spoil if Ash wins the Sinnoh league or not, what capture/evolutions happen by then, and if Ash beats Paul or whatever.

You really think the Japanese writers would reveal a years worth of plots to scholastic for a children's book in the U.S.? Its not like we're talking about some anime mag here, this is a kids book like those other Pokemon handbooks.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom