• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New League Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redoing the Hero badge the way I want it is impossible!!

If anyone wants too take a stab at it, make him look similar too the Misty pic on the right (Badge size and shining however)

Empeleon have you tried removing the nose and making the eyes bigger?

Can the league be challenged yet?
Is there an open slot for a Gym?

I have enough carefully trained pokemon to have a normal and a starter team.
Or you could battle my standard and fear that.

Can the league be challenged yet?
Is there an open slot for a Gym?

I have enough carefully trained pokemon to have a normal and a starter team.
Or you could battle my standard and fear that.

Unfortunately I have to say no to both questions. None of our gyms are up and running at this time we are hoping to be ready by the end of this month and our gym leaders have already been chosen. I hope you do well when the gyms do open.

So when exactly will this all be over?... I'm guessing not for quite some time!

So when exactly will this all be over?... I'm guessing not for quite some time!

Well for our tournament to be over we only need 2 more battles this will determine who get first crack at choosing their gym theme/ type after that they need to train there teams this shouldn’t take that long since most of the gym leaders have chosen their theme/ type and have already started training.

Well, I have a Gravity team up and running, but that's not the team I'm choosing. I suppose people can challenge me for an unofficial badge... @_@.

I was wondering, if/when a gym leader is beaten by a team of his own type nad has to relinquish ownership, does the new gym leader have the right to change the type of the gym as long as it doesnt clash with any other gym in the league?

I think it would make sense, as it seems unfair that only the initial gym leaders can decide the types.

I was wondering, if/when a gym leader is beaten by a team of his own type nad has to relinquish ownership, does the new gym leader have the right to change the type of the gym as long as it doesnt clash with any other gym in the league?

I think it would make sense, as it seems unfair that only the initial gym leaders can decide the types.

yes the new leader can change the gym type after s/he has won.

Wait... I thought that rule was going to be changed?

Wait... I thought that rule was going to be changed?

We never realy discussed whether that rule was going to be taken out. a few people wanted it remove and a few wanted to keep it but no vote was officially taken. so If the gym leaders want it removed please tell me now. but remember that the rule is that the challenger must have 5 badges before s/he can challenge a gym leader for there position then they have to beat the gym leader using the same type/ theme the gym leader has so its not like it would be that easy to do.

Last edited:
Defeating a Gym leader with a team of their theme is impractical for many reasons.

-This will require anyone that doesn't have any Pokemon that fit the theme to train up to six new Pokemon.

-Defeating a themed team with another team with the same theme is flawed idea.

-Loosing a position over one battle seems a bit drastic. I propose choosing and changing leaders after a tourney deciding Gym leaders.

Unless a Leader has a particularly bad record, I don't think this method of becoming a Leader is really viable.

Defeating a Gym leader with a team of their theme is impractical for many reasons.

-This will require anyone that doesn't have any Pokemon that fit the theme to train up to six new Pokemon.

-Defeating a themed team with another team with the same theme is flawed idea.

-Loosing a position over one battle seems a bit drastic. I propose choosing and changing leaders after a tourney deciding Gym leaders.

Unless a Leader has a particularly bad record, I don't think this method of becoming a Leader is really viable.

Well not fighting them with a team of the same theme is flawed in a sense that you can choose a different theme that would completely obliterate the old one. And for the double battle theme? What happens there?

Yes, I think that a Gym Leader can only be replaced when they quit, miss a lot of battle dates, or "disappear".

I would really appreciate it if the "challenger take role after winning with 5 badges" rule was taken out, because have you ever seen a Gym Leader lose their role for being the 6th person beaten?

Well not fighting them with a team of the same theme is flawed in a sense that you can choose a different theme that would completely obliterate the old one. And for the double battle theme? What happens there?
I was thinking if this rule isn't completely removed (imo, it should), that both should battle with teams that don't have a theme.

To all those in the league:
Unfortunately my life has been going down the drain for some time now and now it taken a turn for the worse. I have seen this coming and that’s why I have been pushing to get the league open but I may be unable to continue to head the league or maybe even be on BMGf. I will try to check in from time to time. I am sorry to put so much onto wabbaones plate. I ask all the gym leaders try to help him out I would love to one day come back and see the league up and running. I will try to stay online as long as possible but this may be my final post. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
Bye. Venom

Aww....

That's sad. :-(

Goodbye, Venom!

You will be missed!

Anyway, the good news is that I've finally finished EV training my team. Now I just need to evolve my Pokemon, and give them the right moves too. ^^

The sinking feeling of so much time poorly spent..

To keep things moving, I would be willing to EV train pokemon to help out any team. Tell me what pokemon and what EVs you want and I'll get it done in about a month - month and a half.

Well im starting to think Wobbaones gone too. Im in no rush to start the league but we should maybe start to do something, including Wobbaones replacement (If hes gone). I suggest Zatxn.

If we never start the league it was fun making badges. I kind of have a fealing that it wont happen. I know we can make the league by our selves though.

Things we all need to do:
-Pick wobbas replacement
-train our teams
-Create the final badges
-Set up the thread

These should'nt take long if we all do our bit.

Good luck Venom, we will all miss you :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom