• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New League Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Dragon would be the type for me, then. I think I could pull that off pretty well.

Do we have to battle you folks with the gym team? Or could I use my standard team against you and show you the team when it's put together?

I'm glad to see that there is progress

Maybe Dragon would be the type for me, then. I think I could pull that off pretty well.

Do we have to battle you folks with the gym team? Or could I use my standard team against you and show you the team when it's put together?

Yep, Dragon is my type. If there's a problem with this, please let me know ASAP, because I'm starting the EVTing right now. :D

I managed to beat Tribunal 6-0. This could have been due to two factors:
-4/6 of his pokemon had earthquake weakness
-He didn't ev train

He made mistakes such as sending Tyranitar out against my Garchomp and trying to outspeed a Weavile with his Salamence. He can challenge another leader if he wants or we could even have a miniture 4 person tourniment.

Last edited:
OK.

I managed to do some reserach and I can jsut use Vitmains to EV train my pokemon.

Then I decided to replace my Azumarill with a Floatzel and I realzied I needed to take Dialga out of my line-up and decided to switch it in with a Gible. I had an Azelf, Roserade, Spiritomb, and Infernape in my line-up so...Now I have a theme! Sinnoh-exclusive Gym!

I'm Rare Candieing my Floatzel and Gible, and then I'll EVitamin train them. Then I'll be set!

Also. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are bad nights for me. Could my gym battle be on Friday?

Alright my DS is back! I know there are alot of people trying for the 8th gym but i plan on winning! (good self-esteem helps) So is it okay if i run for a FIRE type gym? I can be ready to start battling in a week, if that is to much time let me know. Can someone please PM me with the rules and such? Thanx and i appreciate it.

I'm still actively watching the forums, I can battle just about any time that is not this weekend.
I am completely EV'd up, and I'm deciding whether I'd make a team of ancients, normal type, or an eevee'lution team should I win..

OK.

I managed to do some reserach and I can jsut use Vitmains to EV train my pokemon.

Then I decided to replace my Azumarill with a Floatzel and I realzied I needed to take Dialga out of my line-up and decided to switch it in with a Gible. I had an Azelf, Roserade, Spiritomb, and Infernape in my line-up so...Now I have a theme! Sinnoh-exclusive Gym!

I'm Rare Candieing my Floatzel and Gible, and then I'll EVitamin train them. Then I'll be set!

Also. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are bad nights for me. Could my gym battle be on Friday?

You can use vitamins to do some of your ev training but you will only be able to get 100 ev's in 5 stats and 10 in the remaining stat. This would technically be ev'd for balance but ev training usually means increasing a pokemon stats 2 to 3 stats to take advantage of a pokemon's nature and base stat's

Last edited:
Yeah, I lost pretty bad, but I just used the team I like, not the team I intend to use. I intended my Salamence to be faster than my opponent's first Pokemon' but he wasn't, and I had nothing faster. >< I sent out TTar because I had nothing better to send.

Once I get my new team EV trained, I will hopefully put up a better fight.

SO who is on the list of people I have to battle to become a gym leader?

I think the best way to do this is is we have some sort of bracket. That way we can see who's the 8th gym leader with just a couple of battles.

Hmm... Mabye we should wait a few days, wait to see if anyone else signs up for the position of 8th, then lock the list. Then the ones in the list can battle each other to determine the leader? IS THERE A FIRE TYPE OPEN! Sorry but i must know.

no there isnt a fire team. Ill pm all the people interterested and create a mini tourniment of some sort

Pick which kind of match-ups you guys would like to do:

Regular Single-Elimination Tourney
GymLeaderTourney.png

Round Robin Tourney
GymLeaderRoundRobin.png

Although SecretSolver is right, I believe that Round Robin will show who is the best overall. If we do Single Elimination, there might be a half-decent trainer who gets knocked off in the 1st round. Round Robin will take alot of time, but we have alot of time.. right? :p

I agree with the round robin tourney. This will give people more chances to show their skill. Even great battlers lose due to a single critical hit, or someone's team may just have an advantage over another's. Round Robin will show how everyone does against everyone else (I hope some youtube videos will show), and unless your really unlucky, no one can say that they lost due to CH.

[does my opinion even count when I'm not in the tourney?]

Im in the proccess of EV training a team of pokes, and i noticed that most of them take advantage of speed, so i was thinking of vieing for a speed based gym maybe? But it will take me a while to finish training, and i think im too late to enter this time round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom