• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New/Old Pokemons in Unova! (COMPLETE new dex in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are their natures locked as well?

Just checked. Zorua is Hasty, and effectively has 30 IV in every stat.

And I thought that was just a rumour someone was spreading on Serebii like Youngster Joey's Rattata.

How troll would it be for all of N's Pokemon to be 30 IV in every stat.

WAIT, the top percentage Rattata was just a rumour?

Part of my life is destroyed...

---------------

Ontopic, just like in BW, Petilil and Cottonee are version-exclusives, but obtainable by trade in the opposite game.

Dunno about Cottonee, Petilil keeps the same IV spread, 31 Sp.Atk, 20 else, but now is Timid and has Own Tempo. (In BW it was Modest and had Chlorophyll)

I'm loving the selection of Pokemon available through the Hidden Hollows. Even though I used Swoobat in my first playthrough, I'm tempted to use it again since there's a Simple Woobat available in a Hidden Hollow.
Also, that Skill Link Minccinno is going to be a bucket-load of fun to use.

I'm loving the selection of Pokemon available through the Hidden Hollows. Even though I used Swoobat in my first playthrough, I'm tempted to use it again since there's a Simple Woobat available in a Hidden Hollow.
Also, that Skill Link Minccinno is going to be a bucket-load of fun to use.

Simple makes Swoobat one of the best Psychic types and rival Crobat's Nasty Plot set. With access to Giga Drain and Heat Wave, he can do a pretty good job until a priority arrives. Lets not forget that Simple will really benefit Stored Power, because it adds up to 100 BP. If only I had a DW account to get myself that Woobat.

I'm guessing the majority of Unova hollow pokemon are going to corelate to those at the bottom of this. They're the only ones with over world sprites, after all (which begs the question of what that means for the rest of the hidden ability Gen V pokemon without overworld sprites. Don't they need them for the entralink?...).

I knew they'd give us Imposter Ditto soon enough, and I'm glad they did. (this was before anybody learned about the hidden hollows though)

And a Sap Sipper Marill!? OMG! I wonder if I should keep my Oshawott now?

Looks like Seaking is having competition with another Water type who loses one of its two weaknesses.

Too bad neither have very exceptional stats. I wouldn't mind getting that SS Marill, but Samurott is still much stronger than Azumarill, despite the ability strategy for SS Azumarill.

Infiltrator Seviper doesn't really interest me either. I'd rather have the regular Shed Skin ability.

I'm really excited for Tinted Lens Butterfree, and you get it early on too. ^_^ What to do, I like the bugger. I'm also interested in Technician Breloom; I know Poison Heal is nice in competitive play but I mostly play in-game and I prefer to crush my foes faster.

Truant Durant is available in-game! Pinch me, I must be dreaming...

I'm not sure if this is a better place for it...

....so I've been arguing for awhile that Zoroark's Illusion ability is a misnomer and actually refers to a broader skillset of kitsune, that is, creating illusions and shape shifting. The latter makes much more sense given the anime portrayal of Zoroark, as well as the fact that a Zoroark can appear as large as a Wailord, get hit anywhere and take damage. This would suggest that it's physical shape may actually change even though it does not take on the Pokemon's properties as Ditto does.

Now in B/W, we see many instances of Zoroark acting as characters you can interact with. This was taken from a VM convo between bluesun and Silktree:

It would seem that Zoroark have some sort of dream-related power. At the Lostlorn Forest, one said that you must believe dreams, and not doubt them. After beating Iris, when you leave your house, Hue and Hue's Younger Sister turn up, and tell you she had a dream of a Zoroark asking her to get you to go to it in Victory Road.

Now here's an excerpt from Wikipedia regarding powers of Kitsune:
Other supernatural abilities commonly attributed to the kitsune include possession, mouths or tails that generate fire or lightning (known as kitsune-bi; literally, fox-fire), willful manifestation in the dreams of others, flight, invisibility, and the creation of illusions so elaborate as to be almost indistinguishable from reality.

We know Zoroark can create illusions, and its illusion ability seems to also encompass a degree of shapeshifting (though different from the move Transform in that it does not copy any of the Pokemon's actual properties, which further relates to how there are certain tricks to figure out if a person is a Kitsune in disguise), and can even learn flamethrower. Now it seems that Zoroark are implied to be able to willfully manifest themselves in others' dreams. N's Zoroark used this to contact the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom