• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New opening song for BW2, "Be An Arrow" sung by Rica Matsumoto

Yes! Team Rocket is STAYING how they are now! Thank Arceus! :yahoo:

And hopefully later they'll chuck the Movie 15 Pokemon for more relevant footage.

My one issue...it's confirms my worst fears....

TEAM PLASMA IS DEAD! :bawl:

Last edited:
With Glaceon, Dragonite, Cubchoo and Larvitar appearing, me thinks that all of those pokemon shown in the running scenes will at least appear in Best whishes 2. In that case, Jellicent may be a sign of Shizu.

I like...
- Ash's old pokemon appearing. Oak, Delia and Tracey wre welcome too. (Tracey's pokemon and Mimey would also have been welcome)
- Stephan and Sawk. They were really cute, I'm really starting to like Stephan.
- That final scene where the main characters, Ash's rivals and Dawn take of, like Super sonic, with one Pokemon each.
- Stunfisk! Pansage still appears with Cilan but Stunfisk gets the most, hopefully this is a sign that Stunfisk will recieve a lot of screen time and prhaps an arc of some sort :p

Wasn't too keen on...
- Krookodile. I don't mind that he is evolving, and if I did, its not the opening's fault, I just dont like spoilers.
- Primape. Sure he was put into training, but he is not in the same boat as Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor. Like Butterfree and Pidgeot, he was let go, never to be seen again. Its like they look at Bulbapedia's page and see the pig monkey under the "in training" section with Squirtle and they think "hey, let's put him in, because Primape was never technacilly released. Thought it was cool when they all appeared in Spurt (The released guys) but why is Primape always shown with Ash's pokemon. I bet if they ever reunited, Ash would scan Primape with his Pokedex! As you may guess, this really grinds my Klink

Charizard being in the foreground was somewhat amusing. Almost like they are saying that's hist most important Pokemon out of the bunch at Oak's lab.

Makes no sense either, Charizard hasn't appeared since AG back in 2006. Kids don't even know who he is.

I guess the writers don't think that's a problem for anyone in that scene. I sure don't. Charizard doesn't even need an introduction because he's that awesome!

Makes no sense either, Charizard hasn't appeared since AG back in 2006. Kids don't even know who he is.

Kids know because old eps still air in Japan in Pokémon Smash and on Kids Station
If anything, Primeape was the only one I might agree not all kids will recognize as an Ash Poké... but Charizard was used more than enough during original+AG series for kids to know about it
Also, Scott, we're not stuck in the past - the internet - kids use it... more than you seem to think...

The scenes were dull. Why is that Dragonite so heavily featured in the opening?

We also should have gotten a much clearer shot of Cynthia and the other Champions. You have to squint just to see Drayden or Shuiziuiuiiui or whatever the hell his name is.

I was a little dissapointed that many characters did not appear, it was great to see Ash's old pokemon, Oak, Delia and Tracey but I would have liked to have seen...
-Misty
-May
-Max
-Gary
-Paul
-Barry

Not even Brock was here, no sign of the Unova gym leaders making a glorious cameo, where were Cilan's brothers? Even Joy and Jenny could have been their. Luke? Georgia? Burgundy? What about this new rival?

Not only that, but Excadrill, Emolga and Crustle missed out as well.

However, I like this opening, though I'm confident we wont be stuck with this same thing untill the end of BW. Mabye the third will be perfect?

Am I the only one who thought this felt like a PUSA opening? With seemingly random scenes and stuff seemingly missing?

Thoughts on the opening

- I really like the song. It's not like ubermemorable, but it gets the job done, it sells action, energy and overcoming pillars of obstacles.
- Trippy animation, I dig it. I like that they didn't go first degree and actually experimented with symbolism. It's memorable and it actually really says what it means to say.
- Shining Maggyo flying.
- Bel, why are you so adorable?
- Waninoko, why are you so adorable? He's like the only one who looks legit alive except Grandpa Lizardon who pretty much looks like that really old person who's trying too hard to look young and hip and hang with the young crowd. Did I mention how much I didn't miss Gloryhogzard lately? Hands down Lizardon was the worst part of the OP.
- Shining Maggyo flying.
- The Hikari in the lyrics matching Hikari's arrival. Nice touch, cute and clever writers
- Did I mention Maggyo? It was flying while being all shiny and all...

Things we might deduce from the OP

- There's two distinct buildings featured in the OP, the World Tournament Junior Cup one, and in the last shot, with the flame and the more modern setting, that appears to be the League, which would indicate that the stuff where everyone's flying only pertains to the Junior Cup, hence why we aren't seeing Burgundy or Langley. I still think they'll be in the League.
- It also seems to imply that the team in the last shot will be Satoshi's team going into the League. A tad underwhelming. Also, I can't believe nobody talked about the other evolution spoiled by the opening. Sure Waruvile evolved, but nobody talked about how his sunglasses also evolved into a bigger and different shaped model. :p
- A lot of the Pokémon featured in upcoming episodes are prominently featured in the opening, Kairyu, Glacia, Yogiras, Kumashun and Sazandora, as well as a bunch of Pokémon belonging to the rivals. Kirikizan, Mooland, Zebraika. Might some of those other prominently featured Pokémon could belong to Bel and Shooti.
- I see this opening lasting through the League and be dropped right after the League.

The last shot is clearly for the Junior tournament. I can see that entire scene being replaced as we get to the league.

That last shot actually really looked like the League and Satoshi's Isshu team at the League. I think it's a fairly good guess to say that Hikari's not staying for the League.

The fact that Iris and Ash were only seen with those Poke Ball scenes makes me think the writers will tone down the Cilan focus in BW2 and focus more on developing the Pokemon and characters more.

Better luck next time! :p

Stunfisk... seems that your salary will increase XD . View Primeape was almost a heart attack (but a good heart attack) ... the good point about neither Iris's or Cilan's teams appear is that we hope that they will get something good :) maybe ... Iris... you cheated me with the issue of Deino and Vanilluxe, so you'd better catch something good or I will present you to Mr. Shampoo and Mrs. Conditioner.

Listening to the opening for the third time, I gotta say that I like it a lot. It may not be as upbeat as other openings, nor one of my top favorites, but it's catchy so it's good enough, and feels refreshing. But I especially like the visuals; it was nice to to see older Pokemon and most of Ash's older Pokemon in a group.

It is kinda funny to think that this is the first time Iris and Cilan are shown in an opening, knowing that the last one showcased nothing but Pokemon. Lol.

Honestly, besides those three scenes, I have a feeling Iwane didn't do anything else in this opening. To me, those were the only scenes that really felt like and resembled his style.

Everything else was kinda.... awkward-wonky looking.
Hmm, could be. I was pondering the idea of someone else being involved, but Iwane has been doing the openings for so long now, I put it in the back of my mind. Would anyone be kind enough to translate the animation credits for the opening?

iSMbF.jpg

eQcDT.jpg
I'm late, but good opening. I love how a lot of the lyrics in the song reference the characters and the Pokémon:

....Wait what's with the final scene? Everyone knows Stunfisk is the only one in that group shot who can truly fly.

The fact that Iris and Ash were only seen with those Poke Ball scenes makes me think the writers will tone down the Cilan focus in BW2
But it's only the brief of the opening. There's a chance Cilan also has a scene like that which wasn't shown.
And what do you know? I'm not surprised. They would never make Cilan less equal to Ash and Iris, that's just silly.

How are they going to get rid of the reference to Dawn after she leaves?

Perhaps this opening will be really short lived or something?

Or perhaps they won't need to if she stays for the rest of the season. Its quite an interesting intro, but I think the whole symbolic flying thing is something not everybody appreciates aside from the lulzyness of it.

LOL

I'm late, but good opening. I love how a lot of the lyrics in the song reference the characters and the Pokémon:

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

OMG, they did an AWESOME job referecing all the characters and stuff

How are they going to get rid of the reference to Dawn after she leaves?

Perhaps this opening will be really short lived or something?

They won't get rid of anything and yes, as I and others already said, this OP will probably be one of these short lived openings
It'll probably be used for the 26 eps of the second half of 2012, covering the 13 eps of East Unova and the 13 eps of the Unova League (well, generally talking about these eps main events, obviously the League won't really be 13 eps and so on...)
I already said how it's pretty obvious now that July/August/September will be East Unova and October/November/December will be the Unova League
This way in 2013 they can start a new saga and also a new OP
A new ED will also probably come even earlier around September/October after the Meloetta promotions are over, similarly to the Spiky Eared Pichu ED
Dawn will stay for the whole East Unova arc (really, confirmed or not, it's pretty obvious) and possibly even for the League (though that I agree isn't as likely, but it's possible)
So they don't need to change anything in the OP (even if Dawn won't stay for the League, it won't hurt if she'll be there for a short time after she leaves till we get a new OP)

Wow nice opening, I like this one way better than the first one. Its cool to see all of Ash's old Pokemon, I hope that means hey'll be using them in either the tournament or the league ^
Dawn in it, it'd be nice if that was foreshadowing of her staying but guess will see.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom