• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Gen V Starter Discussion

something i've found
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/842/startersfinalevosreveal.jpg
they're fake, but are great
i just don't like too much the tsutaaja evo and that skull image on the tail of pokabu evo

I love the Tsutaja evo! Especially the tail-flower and all the little wings and grass sprouts everywhere. If they're real, this proves Tsutaja's Grass/Flying-type or Grass/Dragon-type, and I'm definitely gonna pick Tsutaja.

The Mijumaru evo looks nice and intimidating, going from cute and defenseless to a giant wolverine-polar bear combo. I just feel like it needs something more on it's head or some transition to the white. The color sectioning makes it look like it's wearing a sweater! If they're real, Mijumaru looks like it will be Water/Fighting-type or, much more likely, Water/Ice-type.

The Pokabu evo is frikin' cool! I love the skull on the tail-bomb! But it's got rabbit ears! A pig with rabit ears? Too weird, even for Pokémon. If they're real, Pokabu is either Fire/Dark-type, but that's just because it's keeping it's black, or the skull indicates a Fire/Poison-type.

Possible leak of second stage starter evolutions, and a few other unreleased Pokemon?

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1623/26836932.png

The little thing between Jesse and that other girl looks familiar to me, too. I sill really like it though. But that's not a Koffing with wings. If you look closely, those aren't a skull and cross bones, it's a smiling mouth with a line to separate it's top and bottom teeth. And, yes, it's obvious those are leggings.

Crazy hair also reminds me a lot of Jasmine. Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Zeku, I think those are "i" and "na" adjectives used to describe the fake Poke, not their names. Afterall, we Japnese Pokemon fans know that their names are always written in Kana, not Hiragana.

Zeku, I think those are "i" and "na" adjectives used to describe the fake Poke, not their names. Afterall, we Japnese Pokemon fans know that their names are always written in Kana, not Hiragana.

ololol
hiragana is kana. their names are written in katakana.

No, Hiragana and Katakana. If anything, Hiragana is Gana. Besides, you get what I mean.

I realize that. I'd just prefer something shorter than typing out Katakana/Hiragana all the time.

No, Hiragana and Katakana. If anything, Hiragana is Gana. Besides, you get what I mean.
Can someone please explain the difference between kanji, katakana, & hiragana??? I'm all kinds of lost. :dizzy:

Can someone please explain the difference between kanji, katakana, & hiragana??? I'm all kinds of lost. :dizzy:

Wikipedia said:
Kana are the syllabic Japanese scripts, as opposed to the logographic Chinese characters known in Japan as kanji and the Roman alphabet known as rōmaji. There are three kana scripts: modern cursive hiragana, modern angular katakana, and the old syllabic use of kanji known as man’yōgana that was ancestral to both.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Kana are the syllabic Japanese scripts, as opposed to the logographic Chinese characters known in Japan as kanji and the Roman alphabet known as rōmaji. There are three kana scripts: modern cursive hiragana, modern angular katakana, and the old syllabic use of kanji known as man’yōgana that was ancestral to both.
Ok, & which are used only for Pokemon names & why?

Hiragana is the basic Japanese Text, like the not so complex symbols on that fake starter evolution thing above. Katakana is what all Pokemon's names are typed as in Japanese and is also used for foreign objects, places and names. Kanji is the Japanese form of Chinese letters.

Hiragana is the basic Japanese Text, like the not so complex symbols on that fake starter evolution thing above. Katakana is what all Pokemon's names are typed as in Japanese and is also used for foreign objects, places and names. Kanji is the Japanese form of Chinese letters.
Ah, thanks! I got it now. I'm a little upset that Mijumaru's "evolution" in that pic is fake though, it's too damn cool!!!

Somehow, I don't think "Otatsu" and "Takaki" are adjectives.

I also think they use katakana since it's easy and one of the first things children learn. Kanji can have tons of different readings and meanings, yet katakana represent one syllable and one syllable only. I'm not an expert though, but I believe that's the case.

Although, I'd love to see the creators create official kanji readings for the Pokemon's names. That would be pretty neat. Like a lot of manga do when it comes to using kanji mixed with katakana for foreign words (like Bleach and the spanish attack names), I assume the kanji would likely describe the Pokemon.

Re: New Pokémon, new evolutions, or too much?

● release is September 18, 2010

ポケモンは、ニンテンドーDS用ソフトとして発売予定の『ポケットモンスター』シリーズの最新作『ポケットモンスターブラック』と『ポケットモンスターホワイト』の発売日が、2010年9月18日に決定したことを発表した。 Pokemon, Nintendo DS software will be released as Pocket Monsters 』latest in series, and The Pokettomonsutahowaito』 Pokettomonsutaburakku release date, announced that it has decided on September 18, 2010. 価格は未定となっている。 The price has been determined.

本作の舞台はイッシュ地方。 Ish stage of this work is local. カントー、ジョウト、ホウエン、シンオウ地方ですでに見つかっているポケモンはほとんど姿を見せず、新たなポケモンや人々との出会いが待っている。 Tho, Johto, Houen, Pokemon already found in the Sinnoh region showing little figure, they'll have a meeting with the new Pokemon and people.

From Famitsu, this basically confirms that there will be less old Pokémon. Seems like this is going to be very similar to Hoenn indeed.

Given Ziz as a dragon, a hybrid is our most likely answer.

Yes I did.

I'd like a new evolution for Pikachu, to make him useful again.

I'd like a new evolution for Pikachu, to make him useful again.

Do you really? Let's think this through a little better. Imagine what will be happening on nearly every thread on this site. Some people will say that Ash will have to evolve pikachu if he gets a new evo, while others are screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" at every mention. Somebody will have to bring it up nearly every other post. The whole site will be thrown into chaos. When Ash does evolve it, half of all fans will just stop watching the show right then.

If Pikachu wasn't the mascot, yes, definitely give him a new evolution. In fact, they probably would have in the last generation. But sadly, it's not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom