• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Gen V Starter Discussion

Any speculation/leaked info for these starters' stats yet?

(First post!)

Re: New Pokémon, New Evolutions discussion

Maybe the abilities are sort of like Swarm/Blaze/etc, but with Speed instead? 0_0

Woah!
I just saw a person on PokeBeach Forums and he said the the un-named Pokemon has a V-shaped on it's head. Get it?
It's Generation V! :D

We can sort of guess the starters' stats by looking at their HP stats; Tsutarja has the lowest (116 at Lv. 50), so its evolution will probably be a sweeper (high Attack/Special Attack and Speed, low Defense/Special Defense and HP), Pokabu has the highest (132 at Lv. 50), so its evolution will probably be a wall (high Defense/Special Defense and HP, low Attack/Special Attack and Speed), and Mijumaru is in the middle (126 at Lv. 50), so its evolution will probably be somewhere in the middle, leaning a bit more towards Defense/Special Defense.

No the 360 is good enough for Smugleaf, as all the owners of one are self righteous smug bros.

Sounds like someone owns a PS3.

I want to know what the first move of their type that they'll learn. For example, with Mijumaru will it be water gun, bubble or something new.

We can sort of guess the starters' stats by looking at their HP stats; Tsutarja has the lowest (116 at Lv. 50), so its evolution will probably be a sweeper (high Attack/Special Attack and Speed, low Defense/Special Defense and HP), Pokabu has the highest (132 at Lv. 50), so its evolution will probably be a wall (high Defense/Special Defense and HP, low Attack/Special Attack and Speed), and Mijumaru is in the middle (126 at Lv. 50), so its evolution will probably be somewhere in the middle, leaning a bit more towards Defense/Special Defense.

Ehhh, I don't think you can tell anything just by looking at their HP. Besides, 116-132 is only 16 HP points difference between the highest and lowest. No way you can determine that the lowest will be a sweeper and the highest a wall. It's just not possible.

But by the names of their attacks, like Grass Mixer for Tsutarja and Shell Blade for Mijumaru, it's safe to guess that Tsutarja may be special based because the attack seems like it would be, and Shell Blade definitely sounds physically based, so Miju may be.

I'm gonna have to start calling him Wijumaru.

DAMN IT!! i can't access pokebeach to see that...someone knows why? i haven't been able to access it in a long period of time. i really want to see that news
PLEASE, HELP ME!

i can't access pokebeach to see that...someone knows why? i haven't been able to access it in a long period of time. i really want to see that news
PLEASE, HELP ME!
Either the site crashed from too many people looking at once, or Japan took it down for leaking.

Probably the first.

I already imagined Zekrom's generator glowing blue, so it comes as no surprise to me, especially since it has that glowy blue spike.

But I guess they're red/orange to contrast with Zekrom's blue electricity.

The thing is, electricity actually IS blue. I'm not sure where this popular depiction of it in cartoons as yellow comes from.

The thing is, electricity actually IS blue. I'm not sure where this popular depiction of it in cartoons as yellow comes from.

Lightning is sometimes white or light yellow from the nitrogen in the air.

DAMN IT!! i can't access pokebeach to see that...someone knows why? i haven't been able to access it in a long period of time. i really want to see that news
PLEASE, HELP ME!

http://pokebeach.com/

works for me.

try clearing your browser cache and try again.

if you use firefox: tools -> clear recent history -> make sure cache is checked -> clear now.

i use internet explorer 7. i haven't been able to access in the past month, and i've been trying almost every day. i've cleared the browser cache and tried again, and nothing

Welcome to Bmgf! :D

Nah, nothing yet. You'll have to wait for the demo, which'll come out in August. If not, then wait till the games' release in September.

Alright then. So for the time being, I guess it is okay to speculate. My guess:

Char Grilled Happy Bacon - could be similar to Swampert: high hp and attack, nice enough defenses, adequate special attack and pretty meh speed (with speed-boosting moves to compensate; especially if the rumored speed-boosting fire attack turns out to be true after all). I prefer it to be a pure fire type, but considering that its ears seem to be inspired from an aardvark's, then I guess that it's going to evolve into a fire/ground type. But the black area on its head reminiscent of a pirate's bandanna, and the tail looks like a fuse somewhat, so it could be a corsair and mortar themed fire/dark type instead.

Sad Otter/Wiijumaru - so-so hp, nice speed, good offenses (the rumored move "shell blade" sounds like a physical attack-based move, so its attack stat might be the higher of the two,) mediocre defenses and hp. Possibly this gen starter's sweeper. A speedy/better Poliwrath, anyone? Or maybe it will be similar to Blaziken instead, with a rather average speed.

Smugleaf/Pothead - mediocre hp, very good special attack, okay attack and defense, good special defense, and judging from the looks of it, its speed won't be anywhere above average, as its 2nd evolution from the anime beta sketch seems to have an even punier limbs... unless its final form developed wings or such cool shit.

Just have to say this but exactly why does V have to be theis gen's cute legendary? Is it the same logic as "Ononokusu has to be a pseudo legendary"?

It doesn't have to be. Not everyone believes it.

People just think that Ononokusu has that special pseudo legendary look. And now V sorta has the Cutegendary look to it. You may not see it, and others may not as well, but a lot of people seem to think so. Heck, for all we know, it could just be a random Pokemon.

It would appear that Reshiram has sampled some Taco Bell for dinner.

Built-in insect zapper.

Bug-types beware.

It's called a "Rape Face".

And now I can show people why V Faction is my favorite user on this forum.

Just have to say this but exactly why does V have to be theis gen's cute legendary?
It doesn't have to be. Personally I hope it's a Pokemon readily available, I doubt it will be on my main team (when I first battle the E4) but all at the same time, it looks cute, I like it, it could be based on a Gremlin (my own personal thoughts, mind you), and has potential to be one of my favorite 5th gen Pokemon. I at the very least would like a plush of this Pokemon. But I'm not sure I want to order something online (I sort of hate buying something and then waited, sure I pre-ordered Super Smash Brother Brawl, but that was only because I could and was afraid I'd spend my money elsewhere).

Is it the same logic as "Ononokusu has to be a pseudo legendary"?

No. I think it's because of the apparent importance of said Pokemon. Granted it could just be a random Pokemon, it seems unusual (in my opinion) that it was shown. It's like they had to show a brand new Pokemon as opposed to something new but we already knew about. Just be glad it wasn't Minezumi, although I'm hoping anime style drawings of it will change my opinion, it just looks too weird as it is.

No

NO!

Not another Bidoof! NO! NO! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! *sobs* Why zuul why!

Are you implying that there is something wrong with psycho Bidoofs?

No

NO!

Not another Bidoof! NO! NO! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! *sobs* Why zuul why!

I wasn't aware that hellbent chipmunks were so similar to near-retarded beavers. (Don't get me wrong, I do like Bidoof, but he does look a bit... slow in the head.)

Back
Top Bottom