• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Confirmed New Pokémon Discussion

You can't "nerf" something that hasn't been released.

Yeah Tsutarja is still my choice of the starters I

He ha sacess to Swords Dance and his Dreamworld ability is deadly I mean he can spam Leaf Storm to raise his SATK and Leechseed and growth raises both ATK and SATK you just have to get the right moveset

1285092725735.gif

See? Sockpuppets. I told you they were Sock puppets, now you can't deny it

Yeah Tsutarja is still my choice of the starters I

He ha sacess to Swords Dance and his Dreamworld ability is deadly I mean he can spam Leaf Storm to raise his SATK and Leechseed and growth raises both ATK and SATK you just have to get the right moveset

I can smell the banning from tourneys already

1285092725735.gif

I can smell the banning from tourneys already

Yeah jsut spam Swordsdance/Growth (Growth does raise both ATK stats now right?) Leech-Seed Leaf-Blade plus his new abilty ahh... not so useless

1285092725735.gif

Its animation just looks so... funky and odd. It's like... what are you trying to do? Put on some weird puppet show?

'Hey kids, look at my puppets! They're grafted onto my arms, and they act as extra heads, eating my stuff because they don't know any better!

... is it any wonder why I'm a grumpy gus?'

So the Pokemon goes from injuring itself because it can't see in its first form, to having two heads that never get along, and then to a big dragon with two brainless sock puppet heads that somewhat act on their own.

... man that thing's life sucks.

To think that a pokemon who cannot see evolves into something with two heads that seem to fight each other and then finally into some chimera-like three headed beasts with only one brain.

I guess this is why Mononzu and its evolutions are Dark-type.

Yeah Tsutarja is still my choice of the starters

He has access to Swords Dance and his Dreamworld ability is deadly I mean he can spam Leaf Storm to raise his SATK and Leechseed and growth raises both ATK and SATK you just have to get the right moveset

Perversity reverses changes to its stats. So, Growth and Swords Dance are actually going to lower its Special Attack and Attack, respectively.

So the Pokemon goes from injuring itself because it can't see in its first form, to having two heads that never get along, and then to a big dragon with two brainless sock puppet heads that somewhat act on their own.

... man that thing's life sucks.

Wow, that is a harsh life. But imagine how strong it would be while fighting if it had to fight against it's own self for it's entire evolutionary line! This thing can probably manage a tripe battle on it's own by the looks of it.

you forgot about the part where is captured into a small spherical object owned by a child who uses it to battle other creatures for said Child's amusment

Ah yes...

"Sazandora angry! Sazandora destroy!"

Wow, that is a harsh life. But imagine how strong it would be while fighting if it had to fight against it's own self for it's entire evolutionary line! This thing can probably manage a tripe battle on it's own by the looks of it.
Gotta live the harsh life to be the best~

Jaroda - Perversity, Leech Seed, Leaf Storm, Toxic, Substitute, I guess.

I just read/noticed that Vuljina wears bones. Vuljina is officially the mortal enemy of Marowak. There is only one Bone Keeper.

I am not sure about you, but it seems to me that you judged Pokemon by base stats, and not the moves it learns. This reminds me a little of the Blaziken and Infernape comparison in the last generation, and although Blaziken had higher everything (Infernape has a tiny bit higher defences, but Blaziken is overall bulkier), it turns out his Speed and movepool is more important at making him dangerous.

Even though both of them are clearly defensive, they have different roles. Let's look at their movepools to see their general role.

Jaroda

Level-up: Lv1: Tackle, Lv1: Leer, Lv1: Vine Whip, Lv1: Wrap, Lv4: Leer, Lv7: Vine Whip, Lv10: Wrap, Lv13: Growth, Lv16: Grass Mixer*, Lv20: Leech Seed, Lv24: Mega Drain, Lv28: Slam, Lv32: Leaf Blade, Lv36: Coil*, Lv40: Giga Drain, Lv44: Wring Out, Lv48: Gastro Acid, Lv52: Leaf Storm
Egg Moves: Captivate, Natural Gift, Glare, Iron Tail, Magical Leaf, Sweet Scent, Mirror Coat, Pursuit, Mean Look, Twister
Learnable TMs: TM04 - Calm Mind, TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM11 - Sunny Day, TM12 - Taunt, TM15 - Hyper Beam, TM16 - Light Screen, TM17 - Protect, TM20 - Safeguard, TM21 - Frustration, TM22 - Solar Beam, TM27 - Return, TM32 - Double Team, TM33 - Reflect, TM40 - Aerial Ace, TM41 - Torment, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM48 - Troll, TM53 - Energy Ball, TM68 - Giga Impact, TM70 - Flash, TM75 - Swords Dance, TM82 - Dragon Tail, TM86 - Grass Knot, TM87 - Swagger, TM90 - Substitute, TM94 - Rock Smash, HM01 - Cut, HM04 - Strength

Meganium

Level-up: Lv1: Tackle, Lv1: Growl, Lv1: Razor Leaf, Lv1: PoisonPowder, Lv6: Razor Leaf, Lv9: PoisonPowder, Lv12: Synthesis, Lv18: Reflect, Lv22: Magical Leaf, Lv26: Natural Gift, Lv32: Petal Dance, Lv34: Sweet Scent, Lv40: Light Screen, Lv46: Body Slam, Lv54: Safeguard, Lv60: Aromatherapy, Lv66: Solarbeam
Egg Moves: Vine Whip, Leech Seed, Counter, AncientPower, Flail, Nature Power, Ingrain, GrassWhistle, Leaf Storm, Aromatherapy, Wring Out, Body Slam, Refresh, Heal Pulse (Heals ally's HP)
Learnable TMs: , TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM11 - Sunny Day, TM15 - Hyper Beam, TM16 - Light Screen, TM17 - Protect, TM20 - Safeguard, TM21 - Frustration, TM22 - Solar Beam, TM26 - Earthquake, TM27 - Return, TM32 - Double Team, TM33 - Reflect, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM48 - Troll, TM49 - Echo Voice, TM53 - Energy Ball, TM68 - Giga Impact, TM70 - Flash, TM75 - Swords Dance, TM78 - Smooth Over, TM82 - Dragon Tail, TM86 - Grass Knot, TM87 - Swagger, TM90 - Substitute, TM94 - Rock Smash, HM01 - Cut, HM04 - Strength

From the list, Jaroda has some of the best status options over Meganium (Torment, Taunt, Gastro Acid, Glare (now 90% Accuracy), Mean Look, Leer (remember it hits multiple opponents in doubles/triples), Coil, Calm Mind, Giga Drain and Growth are some I could see on the list, while Meganium has the edge when it comes to offence (Body Slam, Earthquake, AncientPower) and support (Heal Pulse, Aromatherapy, Synthesis), and some others (Grasswhistle and Growl). Both of them, however, notably share these moves: Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, Leech Seed.

With Jaroda's speed, he is able to move first most of the time, as he outspeeds some like Gengar, Zoroark, and most of Generation 5's monsters, and this speed is actually important for some of the moves it learns, especially Taunt, Leech Seed, Substitute, Gastro Acid, Screens, and some of the stat up moves he gets, and being defensive goes a long way as to make him durable to attacks, especially when he can sap the opponent's HP with Leech Seed. His flaw is the lack of attacking options, as Hidden Power is pretty much the only type coverage he's going to get, besides some like Aerial Ace or Pursuit.

Meganium's more durable, true, and at least he's learn better attacks, but one of the problems is that he's a bit slow, and Grass has quite a size of weaknesses, so he has his problems too, especially when matching up with faster foes. The ability to help other teammates is a plus, though. Actually Meganium's not bad either.

And let's look at their Dream World abilities. Meganium gets Leaf Guard, while Jaroda gets the unique Contrarian, which basically reverses stat ups and stat downs. Meganium gets to function well as a supporter in Sun Teams to an extent, with Ninetails getting the prized Drought ability, while Jaroda discourages stat downs by opponents, who normally use attacks that does this (Seed Flare, Shadow Ball, and Crunch for example), but most important of all, he gets Leaf Storm, which works well with the ability, as he is able to use a strong attack and boost his attack at the same time, giving him the ability to use a stronger Hidden Power or (maybe) Hyper Beam with a lot of power.

So, all in all, he's hardly terrible as you may put it.

This was a very good explanation of what Jaroda's battle style is like. I haven't had the chance to use an energy-sapping/status/hazard Poke in a while nor have I used a defense-based Pokemon recently (last one was Umbreon), so for the Tsutarja family to have both and an above-average speed is just great. It's design, in my opinion, is the best out of all three as well and the recently revealed Coil move and Dream World abilities have solidified my choice on which starter I should get.

And sure, Jaroda may not become OU or even UU, but I'm not much of a meta-player anyways; I'd probably take more of the blame for losing the battle than my Pokemon :p.

> BTW, Thanks for posting that link with all the moving sprites. Gonna check it out now.

1284961137414.gif

I now love this thing

just like half of all pokemons entries

I kind of really hope Ash gets either Zuruggu or Monoza in the anime as I think their potential for hilarity is maximum. Plus, they just seem so badass. They'll be on my team in-game for sure.

But it wears it as a diaper

uh I didn't say it had all of them? it has some good ones though

Yeah, I knew that. But I guess the fact just slipped my mind when I was typing.

The Dark/Fighting type's animation is funny (somehow it reminds me of Bart Simpson o_O). I also like Shanderaa/Chandelier's animation; yeah, it only swings around like a normal chandelier would, but it looks awesome with the flames flickering.

Dear god, will people be quiet about Smuglords base stats? It seems more fun to use him then the other starters, which will be killing everything in one or two hits. In-game I think this thing will be just fine. I guess competitively it could suffer, but its Dream World ability will likely make it a lot better. Design > Power anyway, IMO.

Geez, Im on Serebii right now and Gen 5 is introducing a lot of crazy moves. For example, theres one called Submersion which turns the opponent into a Water type....WTF?

I want to use the lizard for comedic factor, that sexy Dark/Fighting typing, and surprisingly good bulk.

Fanart:

pokemon__jaroda___japanese___by_mark331-d2yzhbm.jpg

SOURCE

I think this is from the same artist that drew Jabberjaw's Avatar (The Ononokusu one). Very good picture if you ask me, makes Jaroda look even more smug :p.

new_pokemon___sazando_by_abusorugia-d2yyf0y.jpg

SOURCE

Some artwork of Sazando. Middle head is menacing. Take note of sock puppets and how they try to be scary, too XD.

Hi. This is my first post, though I've been lurking for quite awhile.

I'd like to weigh in on the issue of Smugleaf's stats. As a big fan of double battles, I'm totally excited about a fast defensive pokemon. Speed, some useful status moves, and an interesting ability should make the snake useful in double battles, and I'm sure with some support the most grand high smug lord could do just fine.

Plus, he looks cooler than the other starters. :smokin:

At this rate, Sazando is going to be known as the Sock Puppet Pokemon... with sock puppets capable of ripping you to pieces.

Back
Top Bottom