• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
So are we not getting a new electric rodent this generation, or is Yamper supposed to be our Pikaclone? I can't believe we haven't had one revealed yet.

The fact that Yamper is now primarily light brown rather than pink kinda makes me think he's not likely to evolve to a Electric/Fairy.
Yamper was never pink, it was the lighting in the demo images that probably tricked your eyes into thinking it was (though I never thought of it as pink either, it always looked tan to me)

What's weird to me is that they haven't revealed any early bug Pokémon, but they've now revealed two steel types (Corviknight, Duralodon) and two fairy types (Impidimp, Alcremie). A lot of other types still don't have any reveals either. This is a strange promotion cycle, right?
Maybe they opted to just reuse existing early bugs, mammals, and birds to make room for the more interesting designs this time around. Who knows? ¯\(ツ)

Am I the only one that’s like creeped out by Alcremie’s...existence? Like don’t get me wrong, it’s super cute, but...how does it not like expire?? It’s made of dairy. How is it not covered in mold and bugs constantly? And yes I get this is fictional Pokémon lol but I just can’t stop thinking about it. Also what is it using to make this endless supply of cream...? I know I’m reading too far into this but....I just need some answers lmao
I always figured organic products like that are capable of being produced super quickly by Pokemon? Like, look at Milk Drink or Soft Boiled-these Pokemon can just readily produce dairy and eggs on the spot.

Am I the only one that’s like creeped out by Alcremie’s...existence? Like don’t get me wrong, it’s super cute, but...how does it not like expire?? It’s made of dairy. How is it not covered in mold and bugs constantly? And yes I get this is fictional Pokémon lol but I just can’t stop thinking about it. Also what is it using to make this endless supply of cream...? I know I’m reading too far into this but....I just need some answers lmao
Nah, if you're fine with ice pokemon at room temperature, you can be fine with cake pokemon too. Cake can be left out long without bugs biting in.

I always figured organic products like that are capable of being produced super quickly by Pokemon? Like, look at Milk Drink or Soft Boiled-these Pokemon can just readily produce dairy and eggs on the spot.
Nah, if you're fine with ice pokemon at room temperature, you can be fine with cake pokemon too. Cake can be left out long without bugs biting in.
You’re probably right lol maybe being lactose intolerant makes me a bit biased against it

So any hopes on what the next mythical pokemon will be? The bst-600. I hope they go back to the base stat of 100-all round.

Hoping for Ice or Poison type.

But since we already have Grass, Water, Psychic/Grass and Psychic/Fire, I suspect they may make a pure Fire or Psychic/Water, not really hoping for that.

I adore Duraludon's art but it looks so terribly awkward when it opens its mouth...

Yamper looks ADORABLE but its in-game model ruins it for me.

Don't like the other two. I WILL FIGHT EVERYONE SAYING THAT ALCREMIE IS WHAT SLURPUFF SHOULD HAVE BEEN :( MY POOR BABY

I adore Duraludon's art but it looks so terribly awkward when it opens its mouth...

And I thought they drew the awkward mouth art at Golbat. Guess not!

Honestly, it's never too late for a pikaclone reveal. It's going to happen no matter what. XP

Why does a part of me believe Yamper is the supposed Pika clone... Is it the tail? H
Anyone have any idea what that weird lipstick thing on the back of its head is?
View attachment 120636

Everyone on Twitter: Ohmigod Duraludon looks just like a [insert common household appliance here]!

Okay, Sun/Moon brought 37 new pokemon evolution-families. Diamond/Pearl brought like 45 (not counting new evos or new pre-evos).

Currently, Sword/Shield brought in 16 new families. (Counting Gossifleur and Eldegoss as 1 family, and whether these pokemon have a evo or not doesn't change anything).

Looks like we're almost at 50% of all the Gen 8 pokemon families to be revealed. :|

Not counting Galarian regions which could bring in new type combinations.

I love rolycoly's name.

I'm starting to really love the pokemon itself but I think what's holding me back is how it moves.
Does it roll like wooloo? Does it float? Does it slide across the ground? Does it secretly have feet???

Alcremie is growing on me too...That seems to be the case for a lot of pokemon in this generation. The designs aren't bad, in fact many are very good, but very few have really "hit" me like in past generations (like when we first saw minccino, or litleo, or torracat), though Wooloo definitely did.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom