• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Yeeeeah, not a fan of the version-exclusive evos unless it's only applied to the box legendaries. Hoping that we'll get Rockruff back in SwSh and see that its evolution is now just day/night-based and not version dependent.

Also kinda hoping that Dusk Lycanroc will make it over, but I have a feeling that it won't.

What's weirder is that Midday/Midnight Lycanroc weren't even "true" version exclusives. You could find them in the wild at Vast Poni Canyon in both games depending on the time of day. So really, the exclusive there was "being able to catch a Rockruff early on that can evolve into one of these two otherwise late-game forms," rather than the forms themselves. :confused:

Is anyone else kinda disappointed in the designs we've been getting this generation? I mean, for me, most of them have been kind of a miss.
Grookey- It's alright. I'm not really a fan of monkey Pokemon.
Scorbunny- Once again, it's just okay. Looks too much like a cartoon to me. That's the best way I can explain it.
Sobble- My favorite out of the starters. And it looks like it's going to turn into a spy-themed chameleon, and that's freaking amazing.
Gossifleur- Meh. Not really much to be said.
Eldegoss- Freaking stupid. I really don't like the seed afro they gave it.
Wooloo- I feel like you guys would come to my house,kidnap me,and burn me alive if I said that it was anything less than amazing.
Corviknight- Freaking amazing. What an awesome looking bird. And in it's gigantamax form, not only does it get a powerful G-Max move, but it's wings also drop off of it and become blade birds. That is so damn cool.
Drednaw- It's pretty cool looking. Thats all I have to say about it.
Alcremie- Don't like it. Im really not a fan of inanimate object Pokemon.
Rolycoly- Bleh. Gives me too much roggenrola vibes. Not a fan.
Yamper- I don't like it. It just doesn't look good to me. I'm not going to like a Pokemon just because it's a dog.
Duraludon- Now we get to the dumbest looking Pokemon so far. Awesome if you guys like it, but I'm not a fan. It's just...not a good design to me.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on all of them so far

Is anyone else kinda disappointed in the designs we've been getting this generation? I mean, for me, most of them have been kind of a miss.
Grookey- It's alright. I'm not really a fan of monkey Pokemon.
Scorbunny- Once again, it's just okay. Looks too much like a cartoon to me. That's the best way I can explain it.
Sobble- My favorite out of the starters. And it looks like it's going to turn into a spy-themed chameleon, and that's freaking amazing.
Gossifleur- Meh. Not really much to be said.
Eldegoss- Freaking stupid. I really don't like the seed afro they gave it.
Wooloo- I feel like you guys would come to my house,kidnap me,and burn me alive if I said that it was anything less than amazing.
Corviknight- Freaking amazing. What an awesome looking bird. And in it's gigantamax form, not only does it get a powerful G-Max move, but it's wings also drop off of it and become blade birds. That is so damn cool.
Drednaw- It's pretty cool looking. Thats all I have to say about it.
Alcremie- Don't like it. Im really not a fan of inanimate object Pokemon.
Rolycoly- Bleh. Gives me too much roggenrola vibes. Not a fan.
Yamper- I don't like it. It just doesn't look good to me. I'm not going to like a Pokemon just because it's a dog.
Duraludon- Now we get to the dumbest looking Pokemon so far. Awesome if you guys like it, but I'm not a fan. It's just...not a good design to me.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on all of them so far
Honestly I really like this gen so far. How you feel about this gen is how I felt about gen 4 and 6. I would hang in there though. There are still more pokemon on the way and lore (for me lore can make or break a pokemon) plus evolutions :)

You know since Rolycoly is a piece of coal, wouldn’t it be cool if it evolved into a train looking Pokémon?
Yes!
Does anyone know what else steam engines could or have been used for? maybe there are other possibilities to consider.

I wish I could place what exactly Duraludon is based on... it clearly appears to be some sort of energy cannon. I swear I've seen something like it before, but heck if I can place where now to figure out what's with the red thing on its head.
Sorry if this is kind of late, but when it's on all fours, it could be based on the lambanana sculpture in Liverpool.

Sorry if this is kind of late, but when it's on all fours, it could be based on the lambanana sculpture in Liverpool.
XD Oh gosh, that is an interesting thing to look up.

I don't think it's a lambanana, though... but if they didn't base a pokemon on it, then what a missed opportunity.

Fairy/ghost G-max Alcremie makes sense. Such a mass of cake should not be weak to fighting and normal.

Fairy/ghost G-max Alcremie makes sense. Such a mass of cake should not be weak to fighting and normal.
No it doesn't make sense... for one- why would being a cake warrant becoming Ghost-type?
Also hell yeah a mass of cake should be weak to fighting and normal- who do you think eats it?

And no, G-max Alcremie is just Fairy-type like regular Alcremie. Type and ability did not change.

Fairy alone isn’t weak to Fighting and Normal too... and it is super effective over fighting.

And it’s 1000% confirmed Gigantamax Alcremie is pure fairy. Nothing will change that.
XD Ha, I didn't even check to see what Fairy was weak or strong against- now I am pleased to think that Fighting-types all have a weakness for sweets.

What about Mienfo & Mienshao?
Weird that they didnt get a move like Disable Touch or Disable punch : physical, power 60, disables oponent last move, priority -3, accuracy 100%, pp3

Hmmm more kunfu and monk kind pokemon?

What typings we still didnt get in gen 8?
No ice, psychic, fighting, ghost, bug, poison, ground? Isnt it weird? How they avoided those?

Weird that they didnt get a move like Disable Touch or Disable punch : physical, power 60, disables oponent last move, priority -3, accuracy 100%, pp3

Hmmm more kunfu and monk kind pokemon?

What typings we still didnt get in gen 8?
No ice, psychic, fighting, ghost, bug, poison, ground? Isnt it weird? How they avoided those?
....you call a lot of things weird that aren't really weird in the slightest.

I sort of thought Zen Mode Darmanitan was a nod at this, but I do would like more us. Maybe like a Mienfoo/Mienshao-esque Pokémon, but something with the likes of docile natures or passive natures, like Oranguru.

Nice idea!

Darmanitan would need a second form with type change, and mega. A draining move. Weird that it wasnt fire/fighting? Fire/fairy, fire/steel, fire/ghost and fire/dragon would suit it well.

Darmanitan would need a second form with type change, and mega. A draining move. Weird that it wasnt fire/fighting? Fire/fairy, fire/steel, fire/ghost and fire/dragon would suit it well.
Well, it's not that weird that Darmanitan wasn't Fire/Fighting when Unova already had a Fire/Fighting-type in Emboar. Making it pure Fire made it less redundant with access to Fighting moves but different type resistances and weaknesses than Emboar.

Plus if it had been Fire/Fighting, it would have been weak to Psychic-types in one form while being resistant to them in another. I think that would have been a bit weirder than it being pure Fire.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom