• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New scan....Dawn changing to her Platinum clothes?!

Declaring that Ambipom isn't going anywhere is quite baseless at this point. There is precedent to suggest that Ambipom's omission from Dawn's biography wasn't an error so much as it was an oversight in regard an event that hasn't taken place yet. Case in point: Buizel was caught by Dawn even though it was removed from the page that had originally listed it as belonging to Dawn.

Either way, the biography refers to Dawn's current team and is liable to be updated at any point. Ambipom is still nowhere to be seen in the movie poster and merchandise, which refer to the characters' status as of the movie premiere.

A movie 10 situation is possible, but that would mean she's not catching Pichu or anyone else to replace it. Why get rid of a Pokemon if you're not going to catch something else?

I wanna see Sonansu participate in the ping pong thing. It'd literally knock out all the opponents.

Jackie was added long after that movie needed promotion, and even then, wasn't Solana already in it? He was only added for the sake of having another Ranger when they were too lazy to just use Lunick.
Jackie and Solana were added when they aired the first Ranger two-parter on April 13, 2006. The movie came out July 15, 2006. How is two months prior to the movie's release "long after that movied needed promotion"?

Declaring that Ambipom isn't going anywhere is quite baseless at this point.

Ambipom is still nowhere to be seen in the movie poster and merchandise, which refer to the characters' status as of the movie premiere.

Stop ruining everybody's happiness. :/

Seriously speaking, I'm glad I avoided any discussion of this, thankfully though I was never worried. Well mainly because I was too excited for the Pochama episode - due to Jun and Kengo appearance - to care.

Rocket Girl said:
A movie 10 situation is possible, but that would mean she's not catching Pichu or anyone else to replace it. Why get rid of a Pokemon if you're not going to catch something else?
I am not really in favor of this, but it strikes me that the writers have been waiting to release one of Dawn's Pokémon before letting Mamoswine be used properly (in a Contest appeal, battle or at least a training session) for the first time. All it has done so far has been to evolve twice, disobey Dawn and show gradual signs of warming up to her. This situation is analogous to what happened with May's Munchlax in the late Hoenn episodes, where the writers kept Munchlax as a gluttonous Pokémon that couldn't be used in the Hoenn Grand Festival. Essentially, while May carried five Poké Balls with her, she only had four usable Pokémon. It took releasing Skitty and Beautifly at the beginning of the Battle Frontier saga before Munchlax finally shone in battle.

It is possible that the writers have something against giving the token female characters more than four Pokémon that can be used simultaneously. Since they are clearly working towards incorporating Mamoswine in the Grand Festival, it may come at the expense of someone else. You could argue that Dawn has a good chance of working out her problems with Mamoswine in this week's episode, but even if that were true, why isn't she going to use it in her next Contest? Hasn't Ambipom already had its fair share of arcs where it has had to lose in order to perfect its skills?

Again, I do not support this move, but I can understand the motivation behind it.

Jackie and Solana were added when they aired the first Ranger two-parter on April 13, 2006. The movie came out July 15, 2006. How is two months prior to the movie's release "long after that movied needed promotion"?

That's bizarre, because I definitely remember only Solana being in it at the time. I don't remember Jackie being added until very late in Battle Frontier.

And now thankfully that ridiculous Pichu theory is thrown out the window as well.

That proves nothing other than Dawn still having Ambipom.

How's about you stop flaming everybody you don't agree with? Seriously, I thought you grew up from how rude you used to be, but I guess I was wrong.

That proves nothing other than Dawn still having Ambipom.

How's about you stop flaming everybody you don't agree with? Seriously, I thought you grew up from how rude you used to be, but I guess I was wrong.

There's nothing wrong with him calling a theory ridiculous anymore than you calling a thread pointless:

Better question: who cares?

You're the one acting immature (not to mention flat-out hypocritical) here.

There's nothing wrong with him calling a theory ridiculous anymore than you calling a thread pointless:

There is when he disrespects every single thing in his path. He's done it every day for the full three years I've known him.

You're the one acting immature (not to mention flat-out hypocritical) here.

Oh, and your little obsession with me is any better?

You would be well advised to take that out of your signature. Now.

There is when he disrespects every single thing in his path. He's done it every day for the full three years I've known him.

Oh, and your little obsession with me is any better?

You would be well advised to take that out of your signature. Now.

This sounds more like a grudge to me. Theories are derided all the time by all fandoms. What makes this particular instance any special?

This sounds more like a grudge to me. Theories are derided all the time by all fandoms. What makes this particular instance any special?

I have had a remarkable amount of patience with Scott so far, but everything has a limit.

(Oh, and I knew you were lying to me. You know who you are.)

That may be used as evidence that it could be staying after all, but it doesn't refute the possibility that it will leave. Two years ago, the Movie 10 web site had a similar page where at first, Buizel had been listed as Dawn's Pokémon, but was subsequently removed since no one was supposed to know about it at that point (the movie poster left it vague whether it was Dawn's or Ash's).

This is exactly what I thought when I read they added Ambi to Dawn's Poké list
So this can't be used to prove anything
Fact is, Ambi is the only Poké that isn't on the movie 12 promotions despite how all the other twerp's Poké are
Someone before made a list that proved all of them appear on some movie 12 merchandise/advertisements except Ambi
It seems that just like with Buizel, they added Ambi to not spoil us it'll leave...

But I so hope I'm wrong... I'll be so happy if it'll stay since I'm crazy about these upcoming episodes... and if it'll leave then it's all ruined for me

Stop ruining everybody's happiness. :/

I can also tell you that you should stop making people believe something will happen only to get disappointed
I rather believe this is going to happen and be ready... I think Scott also said that before - that we should be ready for the worst so we won't get too disappointed when such things happen

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long Jun's been away? Because it doesn't seem so long, even in his previous appearance it seems his absence was short. In fact it seems like Jun has been even less absent than Shinji.

I can also tell you that you should stop making people believe something will happen only to get disappointed
What's that got to do with it? That was a joke on how there's one person in the middle of everybody celebrating sort of ruining the said celebration.

I just found it kind of humorous. And I thought adding "Seriously speaking" to my second sentence would show that I was joking.

Piplup was just making a point that ruining everyone's parade isn't worse than getting their hopes up. Facts should be taken into consideration no matter what.

I can see your right on that. People should not try and take what they see an turn it into a conclusion and try and make people believe it if its not an actual fact.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom