• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Super Smash Brothers Brawl Site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because someone has some criticism against a game it's now considered fanboyism? What has the world come to.

Anyway today's update was decent, it at least cleared up some features.
He said "But this game has the best graphics I ever seen AND it's a awesome game for the wii..." What is that?

what

SSBM's Adventure mode wasn't really that good at all, it was just a series of fights and stages in some arbitrary order, lol.

Anyway, this may not be "everything" to SSBM's 1P mode.

While the mode hardly offered a real story, I quite enjoyed SSBM's Adventure Mode. I didn't enjoy SSB for the N64 a whole lot because "Classic" mode alone was simply lacking. Adventure Mode in SSBM gave me a greater feeling of franchises clashing by way of stages featuring actual enemies from a given series coupled with unique level designs for each franchise. To be more succinct, Adventure Mode embodied what I wanted from SSBM and gave me a reason to revisit the game time and time again. The whole Subspace Emissary story looks vapid, at best. The unnecessary change to my favorite mode into some thus far unimpressive derivative certainly oppugns my interest in purchasing the game.

personally, I'm disappointed in the story mode because I was really hoping for individual scenarios starring each playable character (as this entry seems to imply), which would've been fucking awesome for people like myself who prefer single-player gaming. Instead, it looks like they just start you off with Kirby and Mario and you recruit more characters from there. -_-

Well it's made by HAL, so it's always going to be biased towards Kirby. :p

But maybe you can start with anybody. There's nothing to say Petey Piranha is the guaranteed first boss, maybe it's only him for Kirby or sumpfink. By easier having a boss-per-character than every single cutscene for every single character.

Adventure Mode in SSBM gave me a greater feeling of franchises clashing by way of stages featuring actual enemies from a given series coupled with unique level designs for each franchise
The only problem with this statement is only Mario and Zelda got that treatment. All the other franchises basically just got a battle against a normal character.

The only problem with this statement is only Mario and Zelda got that treatment. All the other franchises basically just got a battle against a normal character.

It wasn't just a matter of the enemies, though. The F-Zero course, for example, was a lot of fun without any actual enemies to face. Mario's Mushroom Kingdom, Captain Falcon's F-Zero course and Link's stage all should have been the basis for SSBB's Adventure Mode. Instead of getting the opportunity to see the SSBM features in a new light, we get some new storyline absolutely devoid of interest. It seems as though we get to fight some new aliens rather than say, travel through Viridan City and eventually fight Pikachu. I might be alone on this, but I'd certainly prefer the latter.

I guess they're trying to add a sense of urgency to the story, though it's a little overwrought.

Begin speculation on if Ashley is a playable character. Considering she has her own themesong in the game, complete with vocals singing about how awesome she is . . .

Well, I for one, certainly wouldn't mind more female characters.

Wow, this is a very nice remix

The Japanese site has a second music update inside of Kirby's Final Smash, that apparently is a Cooking Mama Song.

Last edited:
I loved today's updates!! Kirby's Final Smash (I've always found it hilarious) was awesome, and WarioWare Ashley's Song/Theme was great (her voice is cuter in Japanese)!!

Oh man, I'd love Ashley to be playable, though I hadn't even considered her to be an option before her theme popped up... And as far as the song goes, it's great, but I like her voice in the original more. ...Though her Japanese voice is far cuter than either.

Kirby's final smash is cute too. =D

Makes me wonder if we're getting to the end of the new character roster. Aside from the old characters yet to be revealed in Brawl (like the obvious ones such as Luigi and Capt. Falcon), I wonder how many totally new characters are yet to be shown.

I think we'll at least get 3-5 more. Mostly because there are supposed to be two more third-party characters. Not to mention that a lot of most wanted characters haven't showed up. In fact, aside from Pit, I don't really think ANY of the new characters shown have exactly been on the top of most people's wishlists, so I'm assuming Sakurai is saving a lot of the more popular ones for last.

I remember Diddy Kong, Ike, and Lucas being on a ton of lists though.

IMO, Pokemon Trainer was the only unexpected one so far.

Yeah, ON lists, but not near the top like Ridley, Sonic, Pit, etc.

Ah, yeah. In terms of a character reveal that would cause mass outbreak, those are on the top.

I think we will get 3 more new characters before the game comes out, and probably 4 more old characters...
Hmm, Capt. Falcon, Luigi, Mr. Game and Watch, Ganondorf, seems about right. Maybe Marth instead of someone else

As for new people, it's always hard to tell... I think Lucario, Wind Waker Link, Ashley, and Captain Olimar have good chances to come in. It's really unpredictable though.

-----------

Oh, I forgot, I meant to say another possibility is that they re-do each of the vocal Wario Ware songs for the stage (I thought there were only 4 or 5, including ashley's)

Last edited:
I'm totally addicted to Ashley's song right now. Both versions, actually. I can't stop playing them!

A really good remake of Ashley's theme. I was a little worried right before I clicked the play button, but I was very relieved to hear that this was MUCH better than that horrible DK rap arrangment from Melee.

I have no idea where that Japanese-only song is from, but it's catchy as heck.
I hope the fact that it's only on the Japanese page means that we'll get an incomplete version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom