• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New thirteenth movie-related event Pokémon to be distributed: Scizor to be available

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New thirteenth movie-related event Pokémon to be distributed: Scizor to be available June 18 ...

Players of the Japanese versions of the Generation IV Pokémon games will be able to obtain a Scizor over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, as well as several other location in Japan, from June 18 to July 14.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New thirteenth movie-related event Pokémon to be distributed: Scizor to be availa

Eh the Scizor isn't bad at all. Hopefully it will be in the USA too :p

Re: New thirteenth movie-related event Pokémon to be distributed: Scizor to be availa

Eh, the Scizor could've done better if it had Baton Pass. But, still, I'm willing to go to the American event if I could.

Decent Looking Scizor. May find a spot for it.

I'll get it on my imported HG. :-D

Swarm? Useless. D: Regardless, I will pick one up on my Japanese Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and HeartGold. :3

Hm, Swarm pretty much kills any level of usefulness it could have had. That, and I'm not entirely sure why a mere minion's Pokémon is significant enough to warrant an event; were it something used by Koudai himself, that'd be remotely understandable, but as it is...

Good thing I have a Japanese HeartGold and access to Wi-Fi. Hassamu, you're mine!

Oh wow, could we get anything even more useless?

Scizor gets all those moves as level up ones, and can actually have a vastly superior ability in Technician. Instead, this 13th movie one is a natural troll that has absolutely no competitive use whatsoever and merely exists for the pigeons to fawn over yet another vestigial event.

I'm probably going to get it anyway since it is an event.

I was hoping for an Adamant Technician with this set:

- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- EVENT-ONLY MOVE Drain Punch

And holding something like a Big Root or a Muscle Band or something. But of course, they'd NEVER do that. :dodgy:

A Wi-Fi event? Awesome... time to dust off my Japanese Platinum cartridge, obtained for the express purpose of downloading japanese wi-fi wondercards.

It's nice to see that the Pokémon Company are wasting everyone's time with novelties when they could be giving out the Azure Flute instead, and that's not even mentioning the Lock Capsule.

It's nice to see that the Pokémon Company are wasting everyone's time with novelties when they could be giving out the Azure Flute instead, and that's not even mentioning the Lock Capsule.

True enough. With B&W on the horizon, it now seems as if D/P/Pt's time is nearly over... if not over already, since HgSs have taken the spotlight. I really want that Azure Flute, though... I wonder if it's possible that DPPt and HgSs look to different servers for their events? In that case, an Azure Flute download could always be held at the same time as one of the Pokewalker courses.

In that case, an Azure Flute download could always be held at the same time as one of the Pokewalker courses.
The only Pokéwalker course that hasn't been made accessible in Japan is Amity Meadow, which is actually one of the few useful ones (giving out the EV-reducing berries, which are otherwise very rare). Again, the more obvious candidate for a HGSS Wi-Fi distribution is the Lock Capsule, which has Black and White's name written all over it. At this rate, I suppose the item will be distributed directly to Black and White at some point after July 2011, but that's assuming that Wi-Fi items haven't been scrapped altogether.

Swarm? eh, no good, maybe I can breed it or something.

It may have a good nature, but I already have a really good Adamant Scizor with Technician. I don't need another one (I have a whole box still full of scythers)

gamefreak employee1: wow, the competetive players don't get many events for them, lets realease np celebi and a scizor!
gamefreak employee 2: ok, I'll get to work on celebi and scizor
next day:
gamefreak employee 2: I even made the scizor adamant instead of mild! Smogon will through me a parade!
(check it)
oh crap, it's swarm! I'm not going to hatch another 16 eggs, it's good enough, lets hope no-one notices.

-_-; you guys to know that you could actually make this Scizor work in a competitive battle. It doesn't work anywhere near as well as a BP Scizor but it can work and it could sweep...

lol................subsalacswarmscizor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom