• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Type Combos

For the record, these are the types we haven't had yet. Fire/Electric

Heat Rotom

Water/Bug

Surskit

Grass/Electric

Mow Rotom

Electric/Ice

Frost Rotom

Rock/Fighting

Terrakion

Ground/Poison

Nidoqueen and Nidoking

Ground/Bug

Nincada

Ground/Ice

The Swinub family

Rotom is a special pokemon. I was referring to a separate pokemon.
Nincada and Surskit I already know about, but if you try to use them to battle you would get destroyed. I meant that we need a final evolution that's Bug/Water, Bug/Ground.

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic.

Meh, not really. Loads of Pokémon learn moves that aren't its actual type.

It does at least hint that it might be Fire/Psychic, and near confirms that it won't be doing Fire/Fighting. How many Fighting-type Pokemon use Psychic moves, outside of Hidden Power?

Well... Poliwrath can learn Psychic, as can Medicham, Lucario and Gallade. Also pretty much all Fighting types can learn Rest, which is a Psychic type move, but it all depends on if you mean Attacking moves which are Psychic or not.

Back on topic though, I'd like to see a Dragon/Poison Pokémon, as well as another Dark/Rock type. I imagine a Dark/Rock type would lead mountaineers astray and bury them alive in a landslide or something kinda macabre.
Dark/Rock, have you heard of Tyrannitar?

I advocate Dragon/Fire. Hnnnnng. I'm also a fan of Ice/Steel and Ghost/Steel. Because those would be cool.

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic.

It does at least hint that it might be Fire/Psychic, and near confirms that it won't be doing Fire/Fighting. How many Fighting-type Pokemon use Psychic moves, outside of Hidden Power?

Well... Poliwrath can learn Psychic, as can Medicham, Lucario and Gallade. Also pretty much all Fighting types can learn Rest, which is a Psychic type move, but it all depends on if you mean Attacking moves which are Psychic or not.

Back on topic though, I'd like to see a Dragon/Poison Pokémon, as well as another Dark/Rock type. I imagine a Dark/Rock type would lead mountaineers astray and bury them alive in a landslide or something kinda macabre.

Yes, which is why I said I'd like another.

I agree with Ghost/Steel, it would be great, we could have a haunted suit of armour or something.

Rotom is a special pokemon. I was referring to a separate pokemon.

True, but all of those type combinations came into existence in Gen V because of Rotom's formes. They are no longer "new."

Nincada and Surskit I already know about, but if you try to use them to battle you would get destroyed. I meant that we need a final evolution that's Bug/Water, Bug/Ground.

I agree with you on that point. Nevertheless, Bug/Ground and Bug/Water wouldn't be counted as "new" type combinations.

I'd love it if the starters really ended up being Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. Also I want to see a Normal/Ghost (or Ghost/Steel) and Fighting/Flying.

True, I'd like to see a lot more combos that have been used before. Ghost/Steel would be so cool. I imagine something Bisharp, but more of a samurai looking Pokemon.

Yes, which is why I said I'd like another.

I agree with Ghost/Steel, it would be great, we could have a haunted suit of armour or something.

There are 45 type combos yet to be used. Some one should put that in the opening post.

As for a new type combo, Water/Fire does sound pretty interesting. Everyone's talking about a steam Pokemon though I always imagined this type combo would produce something like deep sea creature which lives around volcanoes and fault lines. Something like a crab with tuber worms on its back or even a mini volcano.

I have always dreamt of a Normal/Ghost type. Don't ask me why, I just think that would be really cool. And it could be based off a ghost of a real person.

I personally would like to see a Electric/Fighting combo. From my memory I can't remember a current pokemon with that typing. I also like the Grass/Ghost or a Grass/Flying typing.

I personally would like to see a Electric/Fighting combo. From my memory I can't remember a current pokemon with that typing. I also like the Grass/Ghost or a Grass/Flying typing.

Shaymins sky form is grass/flying as is the hoppip family and tropius. Grass / ghost and electric / fighting sound interesting though.

Give me a Dragon/Fire Pokemon, if only to wreck havoc on the metagame. Shit would be undeniably broken. Ice/Fire too, but because such a concept is awesome.

There are 45 type combos yet to be used. Some one should put that in the opening post.

As for a new type combo, Water/Fire does sound pretty interesting. Everyone's talking about a steam Pokemon though I always imagined this type combo would produce something like deep sea creature which lives around volcanoes and fault lines. Something like a crab with tuber worms on its back or even a mini volcano.

I already posted it. I think it's on the 3rd page.

For the record, these are the types we haven't had yet.

Normal/Fire, Normal/Electric, Normal/Rock, Normal/Steel, Normal/Ground, Normal/Poison, Normal/Dark, Normal/Ghost, Normal/Bug, Normal/Fighting, Normal/Dragon, Normal/Ice

Fire/Water, Fire/Grass, Fire/Electric, Fire/Poison, Fire/Ice

Water/Bug

Grass/Electric, Grass/Ghost, Grass/Dragon

Electric/Rock, Electric/Poison, Electric/Psychic, Electric/Dark, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Ice

Rock/Poison, Rock/Ghost, Rock/Dragon, Rock/Ice

Steel/Poison, Steel/Ghost, Steel/Ice

Ground/Fighting, Ground/Bug, Ground/Ice

Flying/Fighting

Poison/Psychic, Poison/Dragon, Poison/Ice

Psychic/Dark, Psychic/Ghost, Psychic/Bug

Dark/Bug

Ghost/Fighting

Fighting/Dragon, Fighting/Ice

Bug/Dragon, Bug/Ice

Correct me if I'm wrong. Also the reason why you don't see some type combos again is because it's technically the same type combo. (for example, Rock/Ice is technically Ice/Rock)
I would also like there to be more Pokemon with combos already used. Such as Water/Fighting, Dark/Poison, Grass/Fighting just to knew a few on a long list. GF has yet to scratch the surface of type combos. Hoping we get some good ones this gen

Something me and a friend were discussing today was the possibility of double pure types, e.g. Fire/Fire, Poison/Poison, Flying/Flying etc. I know it might seem pointless at first, but I think it could be a really interesting idea. For example, double pure types could have double (3x) STAB, and double their strengths & resistances, so their SEs become ultra-effective, and their 4x SE become 8x, but also double the weakness . I think that would really shake the metagame up.

Normal/Fire, Normal/Electric, Normal/Rock, Normal/Steel, Normal/Ground, Normal/Poison, Normal/Dark, Normal/Ghost, Normal/Bug, Normal/Fighting Meloetta Step Forme, Normal/Dragon, Normal/Ice

Fire/Water, Fire/Grass, Fire/Electric Heat Rotom, Fire/Poison, Fire/Ice

Water/Bug Surskit

Grass/Electric Mow Rotom, Grass/Ghost, Grass/Dragon

Electric/Rock, Electric/Poison, Electric/Psychic, Electric/Dark, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Ice Frost Rotom

Ground/Fighting, Ground/Bug Nincada + Wormadam Sand Cloak, Ground/Ice Swinub family

Flying/Fighting

Dark/Bug

Ghost/Fighting

Bug/Dragon, Bug/Ice

Correct me if I'm wrong. Also the reason why you don't see some type combos again is because it's technically the same type combo. (for example, Rock/Ice is technically Ice/Rock)

You missed a few, though I don't blame you; some of them were rather forgettable, or just plain lame (I'm looking at you, Surskit & Nincada).

Looking at the list, I feel really bad for Normal; they really haven't done as much as they could be with it.

Something me and a friend were discussing today was the possibility of double pure types, e.g. Fire/Fire, Poison/Poison, Flying/Flying etc. I know it might seem pointless at first, but I think it could be a really interesting idea. For example, double pure types could have double (3x) STAB, and double their strengths & resistances, so their SEs become ultra-effective, and their 4x SE become 8x, but also double the weakness . I think that would really shake the metagame up.

Normal/Fire, Normal/Electric, Normal/Rock, Normal/Steel, Normal/Ground, Normal/Poison, Normal/Dark, Normal/Ghost, Normal/Bug, Normal/Fighting Meloetta Step Forme, Normal/Dragon, Normal/Ice

Fire/Water, Fire/Grass, Fire/Electric Heat Rotom, Fire/Poison, Fire/Ice

Water/Bug Surskit

Grass/Electric Mow Rotom, Grass/Ghost, Grass/Dragon

Electric/Rock, Electric/Poison, Electric/Psychic, Electric/Dark, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Ice Frost Rotom

Ground/Fighting, Ground/Bug Nincada + Wormadam Sand Cloak, Ground/Ice Swinub family

Flying/Fighting

Dark/Bug

Ghost/Fighting

Bug/Dragon, Bug/Ice

You missed a few, though I don't blame you; some of them were rather forgettable, or just plain lame (I'm looking at you, Surskit & Nincada).

Looking at the list, I feel really bad for Normal; they really haven't done as much as they could be with it.

That's the third time someone pointed out Surskit and Nincada...I'm only including combos which A) Haven't been done yet, B) Have a final form of that specific combo, and C) not a special pokemon like Meoletta or Rotom.

I forgot to remove Swinub's typing....

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom