• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nickelodeon Magazine gives The Best of Pokémon Adventures award: Awards manga for ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Nickelodeon Magazine gives The Best of Pokémon Adventures award: Awards manga for ...

Nickelodeon Magazine has announced the winners of it's first ever Nickelodeon Comics Awards where The Best of Pokémon Adventures won the award in the category for Favorite Manga Series.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Nickelodeon Magazine gives The Best of Pokémon Adventures award: Awards manga for

...that piece of trash won an award? o.o Why didn't they pick DPA instad?

Re: Nickelodeon Magazine gives The Best of Pokémon Adventures award: Awards manga for

And it's the chopped up one too.

Is this a sign that Naruto's popularity is waning? The winning Pokemon manga from the 90s instead of Naruto should be a wake up call.

The DP ones much funnier though.

But the art in the PokeSpe is so cute, Im glad it won.

Even if the chopped version won the award, I still take it as a good sign for the upcoming rerelease in June. Nice that it beat out both Naruto and Fruits Basket.

Wow... They won... Well congrats but why... the choppy version will it'll do good and hopefully a sign that VIZ will continue past Volume 7 it's never too late ;)

To Lil Brother and Nekusagi, what do you find "trashy" and "chopped up"? I take insult to these comments. Have you read the manga at all? It is truly a great moment for readers worldwide that there is a chance this manga is popular again.

If you whine and complain so much about the anime, the manga should be an answer.
Oh, Adventures/Special's totally fine. It's just that the Best Of Pokémon Adventures is a total hackjob of a compliation. There's no flow at all and it makes for anything but a cohesive narrative; you pretty much need to know what occured in the series proper to understand what's really going on. Red fared somewhat well, but Yellow was just... what.

To Lil Brother and Nekusagi, what do you find "trashy" and "chopped up"? I take insult to these comments. Have you read the manga at all? It is truly a great moment for readers worldwide that there is a chance this manga is popular again.

If you whine and complain so much about the anime, the manga should be an answer.

Did you read the books at all then? Look at the title--"Best Of" means it's highlights and not the full thing.

And moreover, what do you have to be insulted by? Are they your work? Do the words of Neku or Lil Brother impact you in any way?

And I echo the sentiments--DPA! is far too underrated and needs to have more respect.

Visually, the only removal of content is taking out what would appear under the dust jacket, mostly for lack of space.

There were some mistranslations in volume 3 but they're overall minor. And all involve Saturn for some reason. One of them is a reaonable assumption even though it's a false one (they refer to Saturn as "she" twice on one page, but he's drawn with broad hips, long eyelashes, and what appear to be breasts). The others involve Gallade's ability and a held item--both were translated directly rather than using game terms, and one was misleading in phrasing. Also something Cyrus says to Saturn is toned down (for no apparent reason as it wouldn't have been blinked at by any means) but the sentiment, consequence, and Saturn's subsequent reaction are maintained.

Volume two, by the way, has the single creepiest thing I've ever seen in the entire franchise.

Even though it is the "best of" version, im glad PokeSpe won an award (it is a great manga.)

Sorry about the mess, it was foolish on my part on not seeing Viz's version of the manga. I'll edit that post.

Volume two, by the way, has the single creepiest thing I've ever seen in the entire franchise.

I'm kinda curious as to what that is, since I don't have a way to read that manga?

Is this a sign that Naruto's popularity is waning? The winning Pokemon manga from the 90s instead of Naruto should be a wake up call.

Naruto is way to violent for Nick

While I would back JB88's comment I understand your sentiments. But the fact is Diamond and Pearl Adventures gets more Publicity and recognition in the Fandom due to it's release in the US. Pokemon Special barely gets the recognition it deserves due to the rightfully called "Zombiefied" "Best of" series.

I do agree that it was a very poor Job on VIZ part on creating the "Best of" series...I still voted for it in the Online version in order to garner attention and the recognition it deserves.

I like DP Adventures too, but not as much as PokeSpe since it's a very recent release. =/

And please don't say that PokeSpe is "The crappy manga from the 90's." Since I might go ahead and start ranting about the repetitiveness of the anime and all the usual arguments on how the writers can expand if they just add a touch of maturity.

Also, PokeSpe can get violent in more ways than one if you just read it. ;D

I'm kinda curious as to what that is, since I don't have a way to read that manga?

When Cyrus explains his plans to Hareta.
Page 1
Page 2, which nearly made me drop the book in shock.

On a lighter note, if anyone wants to see Femme Saturn, here you go.

And please don't say that PokeSpe is "The crappy manga from the 90's."
Also, PokeSpe can get violent in more ways than one if you just read it. ;D

Umm... I don't think PokeSpe is a "crappy manga." In fact, the idea that the RGB arc is pre-millenium is a plus point in my books.
Oh yeah, there is quite a bit of violence in PokeSpe... Koga's Arbok getting sliced, Lugis's blood splattered in cavefloors and Norman being roasted alive MuhhahaAHAHA!!!:evil:

And its designated as "Kodomo" while the anime is given the category of Shonen. (That's soooo wrong) :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom