• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo leaving Brazilian gaming market: Distribution of games and systems in Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Nintendo leaving Brazilian gaming market: Distribution of games and systems in Brazil to end ...

Nintendo announced last week that they will cease their representation in Brazil. All consoles and video games distributed by Nintendo will no longer be sold in Brazilian stores due to high tariffs on the products enforced by the country's government.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Nintendo leaving Brazilian gaming market: Distribution of games and systems in Br

!AY CARAMBA!

Poor Brazilian gamers! :bawl:

Last edited:
Re: Nintendo leaving Brazilian gaming market: Distribution of games and systems in Br

AYE-CERAMBA! :eek:

(really hope I spelled that right)

Man, poor Brazilian gamers! :bawl:

its spelled ¡Ay, caramba!

and its no surprise really considering the import taxes and customs fees i heard the ps4 or XB1 was 700 to 800 USD there roughly because of it and its why sony is now considering buildiing a factory there or something

Brazilians speak portuguese, and not spanish.

and its no surprise really considering the import taxes and customs fees i heard the ps4 or XB1 was 700 to 800 USD there roughly because of it and its why sony is now considering buildiing a factory there or something

Micro$oft open a factory in Brasil and made XboxOne, $ony pretend made something like.

On truth, is just a question a new distributor of Nintendo's games.

It's not the first time. Nintendo left Brazil in 2003 due to the same reasons. It came back only in 2011, if I'm not wrong. In the meantime, Brazilian gamers kept on buying Nintendo from imported goods stores or from abroad. The same thing happened with Sony and Microsoft consoles, since they were not officially in Brazil until about 2010. As a matter of fact, many gamers still buy such products from abroad even if they are currently distributed in Brazil, since the official ones are too expensive.

In short, life is not easy for Brazilian gamers, but they will still be buying consoles and playing Nintendo games, definitely.

Last edited:

This really isn't a big deal now that eShop exists.

That's a lame excuse. The taxes are a problem, sure, but Microsoft and Sony have no plans to leave Brazil. The thing is, some companies have smart people working for them, some just don't.

This really isn't a big deal now that eShop exists.

eShop isn't going to help us because it just doesn't work here. Nintendo failed to adapt themselves to the banking regulation that prevents credit cards of major banks, such as Itaú, of performing operations at online stores that feature prices in Brazilian real, but charge in United States dollar.

But the Xbox Games Store and the PlayStation Store work just fine. So, as you can see, Nintendo gave up Brazil way before this. So much respect for their "passionate fans".

Last edited:

Man, I have a Brazilian friend who told me all about how dumb prices are for gaming stuff down there. This sucks for him. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom