• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo vs. Xbox vs. Sony

In your opinion, which company is the best?

• Nintendo

Votes: 56 62.2%
  • Xbox

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Sony

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a memory stick and download your games from the PSN, you have few load times.

Oh, and one more thing, contrary to popular belief (at least over here), nintendo consoles do break:

2009_0927-DS0047.jpg

And I know people who have also killed their DS lites.

If nintendo fixed that and their online play, and got better 3rd party support, then, I might like them more then Microsoft. But until then, I mostly prefer PC and 360.

My brother's past few DS Lites had that same exact issue. How ironic. That and he kept destroying the screens of our last few GBAs and GBCs, which we no longer have thanks to him.... AND HE DESTROYED MY ORIGINAL GBA SP.

Anyways, as for the console wars, I can easily say Nintendo takes the cake with everything. Out of the Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3, almost everything I want is on the Wii. Sure I can name a few titles on the 360 and PS3 that I want, but the PS3 is limited to PSone classics as the PS2 compatibility was dropped with the Slims. Plus no Monster Hunter is no good either. No non-Nintendo console is complete without Monster Hunter these days.

The 360 on the other hand, has Halo Reach and Blue Dragon as my main plan so far. The 360's even got Monster Hunter Frontier, but it's Japan only so far. That's HUGE for someone like me nowadays, meaning once it's released in the states (If it is...), I'll have my main game for the 360, but shame it'll be quite expensive due to the Online Content.

Though honestly, even with a few things I can name on the 360 and some bits of stuff for the PS3, both systems seem to be a disappointment compared to the Wii. Sure they got superior hardware and HD, plus a more built Online service (Especially the 360), what good is that going to do for me when I barely got any ideas on what to play for them?? The Wii has Mario, Zelda, recently DK as well, plus a more interesting 3rd Party games such as Epic Mickey. The Wii is currently the winner of the 3 for having Monster Hunter Tri in the US. Normally I have Pokemon as the main Nintendo RPG, but Battle Revolution is a bit of a dull experience with no story mode, bad animations, and the fact that certain 1st and 2nd Gen Pokemon use the same models from the N64 games....

If any future titles for the 360 and PS3 get announced that interest me by the time I plan on getting them next year for graduation, then I may change my mind a bit. Honestly though, if any console is REALLY the winner...

The DS and PSP take the cake big time. Nothing out of the 7th Gen systems gets better than the DS and PSP. Absolutely nothing. That is were my current gaming activity lies for me nowadays. Honestly now that the handhelds have better hardware nowadays, I don't see nearly as much enjoyment with playing home consoles, since handhelds these day render the 3D Graphics I've long awaited for as a kid to have happen with handheld systems.

Ok I'm done now. Sorry if that was a bit off topic, but that currently states my opinions of the 7th Gen systems so far.

Edit: My second most hyped HD system game and I forget to post it as a possible option. I can NOT believe I forgot Red Dead Redemption like that!

Last edited:
If you have a memory stick and download your games from the PSN, you have few load times.

Oh, and one more thing, contrary to popular belief (at least over here), nintendo consoles do break:

2009_0927-DS0047.jpg

And I know people who have also killed their DS lites.

If nintendo fixed that and their online play, and got better 3rd party support, then, I might like them more then Microsoft. But until then, I mostly prefer PC and 360.
I take good care of my DS. I already know about memory stick. I say i don't care about console wars. Don't even care about online play. The games I want to play on the PSP is RPGs. the 360 also have flaw, the infamous red ring of dead. The slim model did resolve. One more thing please not start a argument. I never say I hate the PSP or any console. I'm of a gamer who play all type of console that had game the interest me.

I prefer Nintendo, it's a close call with Sony but for me Pokemon is the deciding factor. I prefer the PSP over the DS by a long shot, but I'll still spend more time playing my DS only because of the thousands of hours I spend on Pokemon games.
I own all three home consoles and I like the Wii the best, not because of the system itself but the games that I can play on it. Nintendo's exclusives, in my opinion top that of any other console and therefore win my vote.
PS3 and 360 are more or less the same to me, you like one or the other. I prefer the PS3 because I think the exclusives are better, dualshock controllers, free online play, blu ray player and 1080p full HD.
So yeah imo Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft

Nintendo has the best exclusive games by far. The Wii isn't that great of a system though compared to the 360 and PS3. Of the three current generation systems, the PS3 is the best because of the amount of capabilities it has, including free online gameplay, something the 360 lacks. I still think Nintendo is the best company due to their game selection, as well as their portable systems (the DS easily beats the PSP).

Re: Which do you perfer?

I'd pick Nintendo any day,but I also like Xbox.

Nintendo. The other listed companies mostly make M-rated FPSs these days, and they get old. Fast.

PlayStation. I love Nintendo but PlayStation has way more of the RPG's I like and they only release on PS.

Both Nintendo and Sony PS.

Mod Note:
@YveltalLover; I have will be merging this thread as we already had a pre-existing one on essentially the same topic. Please use the forum search function or check our Index before posting a new thread in future.

I only use nintendo hanhelds for my gaming fix on the go and s i usally go with sony as my primary home console and will buy the other 2 after the gen is up or around the EOL of it

I think the Xbox wins in a close one. The Xbox has a number of games that I can't get on my Wii (Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect) and it is far better for playing shooters.

However, the Wii also has great exclusives and the controls are always fun.

So I pick the Xbox over the Wii in a close battle.

Quoting 2011 me so 2014 me can judge. And well, 2014 me is pretty much in agreement with 2011 me. I currently own one current Xbox console (Xbone) and one current Nintendo console (3DS).

I appreciate both for the exclusives (Sunset Overdrive, Master Chief collection for Xbone, all the Nintendo titles on the 3DS) that the other doesn't have. I'm not sure what I'd pick if I could only keep one though. Probably the 3DS simply because I use my PC for gaming more than my Xbone now.

I'm gonna say I like Sony a bit more than Nintendo, mostly due to the fact that I have more games on my PS3 that I really enjoy.
I like Microsoft because I owned an XBOX as a kid that I really liked, but I wouldn't ever get something from them now.

Depends on how you define "best" really. Personally I've always been biased towards Nintendo as I grew up on a lot of Nintendo consoles (like so many others have). Not many companies can claim that they hold place in a lot of people's childhood memories like Nintendo can. That said, I don't particularly care as long as good games are being made. And they are. Mostly by Nintendo.

Eh, I can't say I care that much. I have a PS3 and a 3DS and I enjoy using them both. Of course, as far as handhelds go, Nintendo is probably the best, since they have a very extensive library of high-quality games and long-lived franchises for it. (Ok, ok... Pokemon is a huge thing too. Yes, it was the main reason I did not want to get a PSP.)

While I did really like Sony back in the days of the PS1/2 - heck, I have more games for the PS2 than I do for any other system I own - I've always been a Nintendo fan on the handheld fornt, and am moving over to them on the home console front too. So, while the PS1/2 has a very strong nostalgic grip on me, I'm gonna have to say Nintendo. Oh, and as for the Xbox, from what little experience I've had with it (which is a really small amount), I can say that I didn't like it. Especially the controler.

Nintendo by far. They're the only ones who even give a shit about making unique and quality games anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom