• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

No MasterBalling Main Legendaries Challenge

BlueJirachi

I'm fickle. =_=;
Reaction score
How many of you have NEVER used your Master Balls to catch the featured box art Legendary Pokemon or any of the smaller legendaries? And hacking doesn't count either.

i could have said " no, ive never done this"

But, just a week ago, i captured Lugia in SS with the master

first one ever

I rarely ever use master balls with the exception of a shiny latias (because I didn't know that it would always be shiny even if it ran away)and a birth island deoxys (that made me use up 50+ ultra balls, several attempts and kept KO its self pretty much pissing me off in every possible way) I have never used a master ball to catch a legend gen 1 to gen 4.

I've never done it. I always save it for the most powerful Pokemon in the game, or the one hardest to catch (damn you, Latios!). I usually catch the mascot with a Great Ball. In fact, I caught Lugia in SS with an Ultra Ball, first time I've ever caught a mascot with anything higher than Great.

The only times I use Master Ball on the main Legendary is when I want it with a good Nature. Being forced battles in the late game's flow, you don't have much money or chance to prepare yourself the way you can do with every other Legendary, so for that purpose, it's best to use the Master Ball regardless of the other Legendaries that come later on.

Plus, with the exception of Dialga and Palkia, every Legendary has the same capture difficulty.

Well, I've never caught a legend in a master ball... except one.

LATIAS YOU RUDE BITCH. She took like 9 hours using Quick Balls and I STILL never caught her. so I said "fuck you" and caught her in a Master Ball. Each shake I was like "YEEEAH, WHAT NOW BITCH YOU'RE CAUGHT".

LATIAS YOU RUDE BITCH. She took like 9 hours using Quick Balls and I STILL never caught her. so I said "fuck you" and caught her in a Master Ball. Each shake I was like "YEEEAH, WHAT NOW BITCH YOU'RE CAUGHT".

Deep breaths, son. Deep breaths.

I still have my Master Ball in my Pearl copy, and I never used it in Emerald. I don't want to use it in HG, but it's starting to become tempting. (I'm looking at *you*, Entei.)

I ave only used it once, to capture a shiny palkia
other than that, I only use it on roaming pokemon

Lol, that post made my day.

To be on topic though, I've only used the Masterball on MewTwo in FireRed back when it first came out, and I used it on Dialga in Diamond because I was riding around in the car, had no idea where we were going, and right as I trigger the battle with it, we pull into a parking lot. I just said whatever and tossed the Masterball.

I do use my master ball in most games. but not for the main legend, i use it for the third legend. Like in saphire i use it for rayquaza, diamond i use it for giratina, and i havent gone after mewtwo in FR yet.

I'm pretty sure I did in Ruby on Groudon, and I did in Blue on Mewtwo. But apart from that I normally just try and use ultra balls.

Major lol.
but i accidently used a masterball on lugia.....

I usually use my masterball on the box legendary. I guess I do it because when I was a kid and I was playing Silver I was impatient and I wanted Lugia so bad I just used the Masterball on it.

Since I have no lack of Masterballs thanks to Emerald cloning, I always use them on legendaries to make easy resetting for natures.

(no point on Dialga or Palkia) but I just got so annoyed with Giratina so I just used a Master Ball on it!!!!

Typically on the roaming ones only... Mesprit was a complete nightmare, so I just gave up and chucked the stupid Master Ball at it.

Ironically, I seem to have the weirdest luck in HG. Normally, I catch my legendaries with Ultra Balls, but it never seems to work for me-- but regular Poke Balls do. I've already caught Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Suicune with them, lol.

The only time I ever used my masterball was in the original Red game and I used it on Mewtwo, I have played every generation and all my games still have their masterballs.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom