• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

No Pokémon centre in Masara Town?

michan

Reaction score
Haven't you thought about that too? With all those Pokémon living at Ookido hakase's place it's quite obvious that some of them will get hurt sometimes. And if that's not enough there isn't a "Junsa office" either.

Don't really know what I'm talking about. It's 4:22 AM here and I'm supposed to sleep. Oyasumi.

Pallet Town struck me as being very rural. If they need anything, they have to go to the nearest big city (Viridian) to get it.

With all those Pokémon living at Ookido hakase's

Who, along with Tracey, Gary (whenever he's around), Deliah and Ash etc when they're around, would be more than covered for anything non-serious. And anything serious enough could just go up the road to Viridian City.

There are more places shown in the anime that would be of more likely need for a Pokemon Center yet don't have one (sometimes it's even the central plot of the episode) than Pallet Town.

I suspect trainers just take their Pokemon to see Oak and his assistants, as in the games.

If a Pokemon's injured, Oak would either heal it himself or just transfer it to the Viridian Pokemon Center.

the nearest big city (Viridian) to get it.

I think Seafoam may be closer. Remember, Delia's tour group walks there in a single afternoon, wheras she's surprised that Ash made it to Viridian so fast. And Seafoam seems pretty big, what with it having small skyscrapers in the HoSos.

It's very probable Oak has healing capabilities.

I think Seafoam may be closer. Remember, Delia's tour group walks there in a single afternoon, wheras she's surprised that Ash made it to Viridian so fast.

The tour group went by ship, though. Getting to Viridian by car, which you probably would if there was an emergency, shouldn't take long.

Tracey does get to Cerulean pretty quickly somehow. If you aren't walking, I'm sure it can't be that hard to get to Viridian.

(And don't forget that the other three trainers somehow got there before Ash despite his speed.)

Since Masara Town (anime) is based on Masara Town (game) slightly, it probably wouldn't have a Pokemon center (since in the game Mom heals your Pokemon). Now how to explain this anime-wise?

Perhaps one qualification to be a Pokemon Professor is learning how to take care of Pokemon injuries? Or at least one at Professor Oak's level (can give starter Pokemon to trainers just starting out)? I think in Pinch Healing he was trying to help/heal Bagon (although Nurse Joy did have to save the day).

If a Pokemon's injured, Oak would either heal it himself or just transfer it to the Viridian Pokemon Center.

That's another possibility. :) He can even send the Pokemon to any Pokemon Center in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn if he feels like it and have them healed by the Nurse Joy there.

Maybe to have a Pokemon Center in a town, there needs to be a certain influx of trainers every so often. Since there is no Pokemart also in Masara Town and Masara trainers apparently leave said town when they get their starter Pokemon (Ash, Gary, the other two trainers), there isn't a need for a Pokemon Center.

And if that's not enough there isn't a "Junsa office" either.

Erm, very low crime rate? Maybe since Viridian City seems to be really near Masara Town, they'll just send a Junsa if any crime happens in Masara Town?

(And don't forget that the other three trainers somehow got there before Ash despite his speed.)

Considering Ash only took one episode to get to Viridian City (not like gah, the number of episodes between Johto gyms), it must be near. Although we do know (from the dub only?) that Ash's dad took 3-4 days to get there. Maybe Ash's dad got lost somehow? :confused:

Ash was running from the Spearow/riding Misty's bike for most of the journey. His dad probably just took his time.

Though that doesn't explain Gary and co. Eh, it's hard to trust the early episodes anyway.
Since Masara Town (anime) is based on Masara Town (game) slightly, it probably wouldn't have a Pokemon center (since in the game Mom heals your Pokemon). Now how to explain this anime-wise?
Harder to explain anime-wise is Littleroot Town. That's a big port and yet it doesn't have a Pokémon Center?

New Bark Town does have one, however.

Harder to explain anime-wise is Littleroot Town. That's a big port and yet it doesn't have a Pokémon Center?

I think what's harder to explain is the port. Even the anime maps clearly show Littleroot Town as being landlocked. Couldn't they have shown Ash taking a blimp or bus?

Though that doesn't explain Gary and co.

Uh, Gary had a car? As for the other two, who knows? They might have had other ways of transportation. We never saw them, and they managed to keep up with Gary without too much trouble.

...that might be true. I just always assumed they went by ship, since the place is pretty far away on the in-game maps. Meh.

New Bark Town does have one, however.

No it doesn't...

Well, not all towns tend to have Pokemon Centers. New Bark is the gateway to Kanto and Pallet is between the final two Kanto gyms, but they don't have Centers. I really don't have much of a subjective comment, however.

Yes it does. Nurse Joy was involved in the first New Bark episode and Ash later registered for the Silver Conference there.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom