• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

North Korea Threatens to Nuke Washington Over Sanctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway I am curious if you will acknowledge North Korea's latest move of aggression. Specifically that Japan will be "consumed in nuclear flames" if they dare try to shoot down one of North Korea's missiles in defense of their islands.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ble-as-it-declares-first-target-will-be-Japan

Or are we still to believe that it is still the U.S. "And it's dogs" and North Korea that is currently pushing for war?
(begin sarcasm)Yes cause japan has huge B-2, F14s and nuclear warheads who want to destroy and decimate oh poor little innocent North Korea... (end sarcasm).Japan says they will attack if said missle go out of NK territory and into theres. which is perfectly fine for japan to shoot them down. Japan cant shoot the missles if NK launches them and keeps them in NK's territory but when the missles go out of NK land or water territiorys those Big B-2 may get to see some action

I live in a state no one wants to bomb so yay me but...Antimissles will easily take out the nukes and the only place close enough possibly for them to hit would be California. Other then that they can just dream on. Hitting all the way to Washington..as if.

I live in a state no one wants to bomb so yay me but...Antimissles will easily take out the nukes and the only place close enough possibly for them to hit would be California. Other then that they can just dream on. Hitting all the way to Washington..as if.

THats still WAYYYYYYYYY off. Guam was the farthest US target.

Though with them saying that Japan is their first target if wittle boy Kim's missles get shot down out of their territory then that basically translates to the rest of the world as if they were to attack the USA. ANd if that the interceptor missiles have to be used then i dont think what is just needed be enough needed to disable said missle will be fired...

Anyway I am curious if you will acknowledge North Korea's latest move of aggression. Specifically that Japan will be "consumed in nuclear flames" if they dare try to shoot down one of North Korea's missiles in defense of their islands.

North Korea states 'nuclear war is unavoidable' as it declares first target will be Japan | World | News | Daily Express

Or are we still to believe that it is still the U.S. "And it's dogs" and North Korea that is currently pushing for war?

I'm not sure if your questions are rhetorical or if you're actually asking me but of course I can't deny what the DPRK has said on this matter. I think the Japanese are talking about if a test missile goes over their airspace (as they have in the past) they would shoot it down not that they're daring to shoot down a missile targeting one of their islands. On the wider scale of the issue I think the DPRK are just telling Japan to mind its own business or beware.

We both know the DPRK would be defeated in an all out conflict, whether they employed nuclear weapons or not. The north Korean leaders know this also, they may seem somewhat crazy and unpredictable at times but they understand the consequences. They don't want war and I don't think war's going to come. Both sides are flexing their muscles and acting provocatively but I can understand (whether I agree with it or not) why the DPRK is frustrated and I know that you'll disagree with me but I think the US should take a step back from Korean affairs.

North Korea states 'nuclear war is unavoidable' as it declares first target will be Japan | World | News | Daily Express

I'm not sure if your questions are rhetorical or if you're actually asking me but of course I can't deny what the DPRK has said on this matter. I think the Japanese are talking about if a test missile goes over their airspace (as they have in the past) they would shoot it down not that they're daring to shoot down a missile targeting one of their islands. On the wider scale of the issue I think the DPRK are just telling Japan to mind its own business or beware.

We both know the DPRK would be defeated in an all out conflict, whether they employed nuclear weapons or not. The north Korean leaders know this also, they may seem somewhat crazy and unpredictable at times but they understand the consequences. They don't want war and I don't think war's going to come. Both sides are flexing their muscles and acting provocatively but I can understand (whether I agree with it or not) why the DPRK is frustrated and I know that you'll disagree with me but I think the US should take a step back from Korean affairs.

No NK will attack if Japan shoots their missile in Japan's territory because Japan wont let Wittle Kim have his way. Japan has NO OFFENCSIVE artillery just defence.

If the leaders understand the risks, why do they saber rattle because that will only make things worse.
A country that threatens to launch pre emptive strikes ISNT LOOKING FOR WAR?!? MY FOOT! And why would they PARADE MISSLIES THROUGH PYONGYANG??? Missles are not like lawn gnomes! If you are not looking for a fight then you dont go and threaten others.

NK is frusterated because the "dear leader" is running low on cash and food to feed himself. Also he needs to look good to the MILITARY and his people or risk getting overthrown.

The US is still acting on what they promiced back in the 40s and 50s. the US promiced to help defend any free nation under takeover threat by communist nations. AKA the TRUMAN DOCTRINE

If NK threatened Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Sweden, Switzerland, and Canada with Pre-emptive Nuclear strikes then those countries would likely get inolved in the korean conflict too

I'm not sure if your questions are rhetorical or if you're actually asking me but of course I can't deny what the DPRK has said on this matter. I think the Japanese are talking about if a test missile goes over their airspace (as they have in the past) they would shoot it down not that they're daring to shoot down a missile targeting one of their islands.

With North Korea's poor targeting system, they could mean for it to fall in the water, but it hit the islands.

On the wider scale of the issue I think the DPRK are just telling Japan to mind its own business or beware.

I think whatever comes into Japan's airspace IS their business.

We both know the DPRK would be defeated in an all out conflict, whether they employed nuclear weapons or not. The north Korean leaders know this also, they may seem somewhat crazy and unpredictable at times but they understand the consequences. They don't want war and I don't think war's going to come.

You forgot to add "I hope" we know little to nothing on Kim Jong Un, we do not know if he is pulling the strings, or if the generals have kept him as a puppet head, either way their unpredictable nature makes anything, including "suicide by cop" possible.

Both sides are flexing their muscles and acting provocatively but I can understand (whether I agree with it or not) why the DPRK is frustrated and I know that you'll disagree with me but I think the US should take a step back from Korean affairs.

Well lets play this little scenario out lets say China and the U.S. dissolve their mutual defense pacts with their respective countries. A few months later North Korea does something dangerously stupid, because they excel at doing provocative and stupid things. South Korea, no longer having to worry about China, decides to act to protect itself and invades North Korea. The large but ill prepared North Korean military is unable to withstand the South Korean might, and tens if not hundreds of thousands of military and civilians are killed within the push north. Meanwhile atleast a million if not more North Korean Civilians rush toward China in the hopes of escaping the South Korean military. China not wanting a humanitarian crisis on it's hands, and the North Korean military not wishing to lose their precious human shields, open fire on the flood of humanity. Tens if not hundreds of thousands are cut down by the onslaught, and even more die from the frantic retreat, or starvation. Within a month or so the North Korean Government has fallen, the world has a massive humanitarian crisis on it's hands, and several million North Koreans lay dead.

But hey, look on the bright side, atleast the U.S. stepped away from Korean affairs!

But then again that means the U.S. was not there to pull South Korea back from defending itself.

Last edited:
To the post above, well yes there's speculation this way and that but I don't want to get into a back and forth and getting no where thing again especially by getting into discussions of hypothetical unrealistic situations. Just one thing I wanted to clarify in case there was misinterpretation, I agree that what happens in Japan's airspace is their business, I never said it wasn't I was just saying what (I believe) the DPRK thinks in general of Japan in that area.

To the post above, well yes there's speculation this way and that but I don't want to get into a back and forth and getting no where thing again especially by getting into discussions of hypothetical unrealistic situations.

Well just please understand, the U.S. more than likely has pulled South Korea back from the brink of war many times. I still do not see why South Korea did not go in and wipe out North Korea, after North Korea engaged in a terrorist act on Korean Air Flight 858. Almost any other country would not have allowed the Government of a enemy country stand, after they coldly massacred 115 people.

North Korea has gotten away with murder time, and time again. Eventually South Korea is going to get fed up with it.

To the post above, well yes there's speculation this way and that but I don't want to get into a back and forth and getting no where thing again especially by getting into discussions of hypothetical unrealistic situations.

Well just please understand, the U.S. more than likely has pulled South Korea back from the brink of war many times. I still do not see why South Korea did not go in and wipe out North Korea, after North Korea engaged in a terrorist act on Korean Air Flight 858. Almost any other country would not have allowed the Government of a enemy country stand, after they coldly massacred 115 people.

North Korea has gotten away with murder time, and time again. Eventually South Korea is going to get fed up with it.

Your point is interesting. I don't know if it's your opinion or if it's a fact that the US has stopped the south invading the north but either way I'm sure it isn't as simple as the south going in and wiping out the north. I don't think it would be easy for the south to simply invade and defeat the north even if no one else interfered. For example during the Korean War the north would have taken the south if there was no direct foreign intervention as seen by how much of the country they were conquering. We all know both Korea's have huge armies and any such war would not be simple for either side. Secondly, I don't quite know how the US could stop the ROK from waging war if they wanted to. They could only advise them. I personally don't think the south on their own could beat the north, maybe at certain times such as periods in the 90's but anyway now that the north is a nuclear state certainly not. On the same subject of a second Korean war, I remember reading somewhere that Kim Il-sung considered restarting a war when America was involved in Vietnam, I'm not sure if it's true or not but it's interesting.

Yes, some states take drastic action on other countries after a terrorist attack, certain countries have even been known to invade nations that had nothing to do with the terrorist attack :D

I imagine the ROK is fed up but I don't think there's anything they can do about. Do you think they could do anything?

I don't know if this relates to your view or not but reading certain comments by people and on the internet and media in general there's a lot of talk broadly speaking negatively of the capability of the DPRK's armed forces and so on. Things such as they're gonna end up nuking themselves, they couldn't maintain a long drawn out war, their armed forces are a shamble, they can't shoot a rocket properly and just general stuff like that which I understand in some cases is supposed to simply be humorous but overall I think certain people underestimate the power of the DPRK. I think that if there ever is a wider war the DPRK will be defeated however I have no doubt that they would bring down a lot of lives with them and cause immense damage and the overall task would still be difficult and messy. I guess I'm just saying that it can sometimes be fashionable to make light of the DPRK's armed forces which I think is a mistake. Do you have any view on the DPRK's capabilities?

Obvious Troll is obvious.

No, but to the point. most of those 'they'll end up nuking themeslves' were just jokes. The media is known for making fun of our enemies, and the internet loves to thrive on it. We could become a nuclear wasteland, and there would still be the guy putting pictures of Kim Jong Un as Russel from Up. And you state that SK couldn't invade NK, and provide the Korean war as an example. But while SK kept on advancing their tech, NK still has Cold War vintage weapons. NK troops are practically starving, and get no real training other than stabbing the occasional wooden dummy or prision inmate. They still use BIPLANES, for Arceus sake!

Basically, for all the infiltration tunnels and nukes NK has aimed at SK, SK and its allies have a lot more aimed back. Yet despite all the evidence we have shown you, you continue to refuse to see NK in a bad light, and for that I'm curious. So I am presented with 3 optional scenarios:

1: You are secretly Kim Jong Un, hoping to gain supporters in America by using Bulbagarden.

2: Obvious Troll is obvious, not good enough for 4Chan.

3: You just refuse to accept any other opinion from your own, despite the mounting piles of evidence against your claims.

Your point is interesting. I don't know if it's your opinion or if it's a fact that the US has stopped the south invading the north but either way I'm sure it isn't as simple as the south going in and wiping out the north. I don't think it would be easy for the south to simply invade and defeat the north even if no one else interfered. For example during the Korean War the north would have taken the south if there was no direct foreign intervention as seen by how much of the country they were conquering. We all know both Korea's have huge armies and any such war would not be simple for either side. Secondly, I don't quite know how the US could stop the ROK from waging war if they wanted to. They could only advise them. I personally don't think the south on their own could beat the north, maybe at certain times such as periods in the 90's but anyway now that the north is a nuclear state certainly not. On the same subject of a second Korean war, I remember reading somewhere that Kim Il-sung considered restarting a war when America was involved in Vietnam, I'm not sure if it's true or not but it's interesting.

If we were talking about the 1950s or 1960s when the two countries had largely equal footing I would agree. But South Korea has become far more technologically advanced than North Korea, especially when it comes to Sea and Air based military, as such they would easily take air superiority away from North Korea. Remember South Korea did not have billions upon billions of dollars in U.S. weapons at the start of the Korean war, they do now. Second it does not matter if North Korea is a nuclear state or not, when they have no ability to deliver a nuclear warhead. From most indications they still have not perfected miniaturizing it. Third it is all that U.S. military aid that is a help to South Korea that gives the U.S. it's leash to the country.

Yes, some states take drastic action on other countries after a terrorist attack, certain countries have even been known to invade nations that had nothing to do with the terrorist attack :D

Yeah and North Korea was behind this despicable attack, your point?

I imagine the ROK is fed up but I don't think there's anything they can do about. Do you think they could do anything?

If China doesn't interfere? They could wipe out North Korea within months, not only do they have a better equipped army, but they would control air and sea almost immediately, and North Korea would be at their mercy.

I don't know if this relates to your view or not but reading certain comments by people and on the internet and media in general there's a lot of talk broadly speaking negatively of the capability of the DPRK's armed forces and so on. Things such as they're gonna end up nuking themselves, they couldn't maintain a long drawn out war, their armed forces are a shamble, they can't shoot a rocket properly and just general stuff like that which I understand in some cases is supposed to simply be humorous but overall I think certain people underestimate the power of the DPRK. I think that if there ever is a wider war the DPRK will be defeated however I have no doubt that they would bring down a lot of lives with them and cause immense damage and the overall task would still be difficult and messy. I guess I'm just saying that it can sometimes be fashionable to make light of the DPRK's armed forces which I think is a mistake. Do you have any view on the DPRK's capabilities?

Well first their inability to properly launch missiles does not help the perception that they are a struggling military. Second lets look at their airforce as air superiority is pretty much everything. From a quick bit of research they run, MiG-21s, Shenyang F-6B, MiG-17, Shenyang F-5, and finally MiG-29. Everything but the MiG-29s are practically 60 years old, with the MiG-29s being 30 years old. Meanwhile the South Korean air force runs Boeing F-15K, KAI FA-50, Lockheed F-16, F-4s, and F-5s. Their military consists of jets that are mainly 40/50 year old designs, but also has the KAI FA-50s which is less than 10 years old. Point goes to South Korea.

I can go through the navy and rest, but I think I have made myself clear with the airforce. North Korea is using antiquated weapons that are more appropriate for the first Korean War than today, they would not be able to withstand a South Korean assault.

Obvious Troll is obvious.

No, but to the point. most of those 'they'll end up nuking themeslves' were just jokes. The media is known for making fun of our enemies, and the internet loves to thrive on it. We could become a nuclear wasteland, and there would still be the guy putting pictures of Kim Jong Un as Russel from Up. And you state that SK couldn't invade NK, and provide the Korean war as an example. But while SK kept on advancing their tech, NK still has Cold War vintage weapons. NK troops are practically starving, and get no real training other than stabbing the occasional wooden dummy or prision inmate. They still use BIPLANES, for Arceus sake!

Basically, for all the infiltration tunnels and nukes NK has aimed at SK, SK and its allies have a lot more aimed back. Yet despite all the evidence we have shown you, you continue to refuse to see NK in a bad light, and for that I'm curious. So I am presented with 3 optional scenarios:

1: You are secretly Kim Jong Un, hoping to gain supporters in America by using Bulbagarden.

2: Obvious Troll is obvious, not good enough for 4Chan.

3: You just refuse to accept any other opinion from your own, despite the mounting piles of evidence against your claims.
I remember thier bread and Butter missile the Taepodong 2 which is the best missle they have and it blew up 45 seconds into launch and i dont think they tested another one since. the Musadan 2 has a shorter range though they seem to be liking that one more. I think if there were to be an air battle between a F-22 and an old soviet biplane i think we know who the winner is. and like what i said above in this post SK has A LOT of Idustrial capacity that can be switched over to military use. also with the Giants owning alot of the production means, it would be easyer to convert production to military

It's worth noting on Saturn's post on industry, it has been theorized ( Cant find the link at the moment ) that North Korea can maintain a offensive war for less than a month, mainly because it does not have the industrial or military might to hold the territory.

And if anyone, including 99unownoak think the North Korea has the military power for a war, I bring up this: "This is a military that if you ran them against the Iraqi military in 1991, North Korea would lose," said Jennifer Lind, a professor at Dartmouth College.

Thing is North Korea has a ill equipped army, but it has a lot of cannon fodder, it would lose to South Korea easily, but the casualties would be massive as their troops are thrown against the superior might of South Korea.

It's worth noting on Saturn's post on industry, it has been theorized ( Cant find the link at the moment ) that North Korea can maintain a offensive war for less than a month, mainly because it does not have the industrial or military might to hold the territory.

And if anyone, including 99unownoak think the North Korea has the military power for a war, I bring up this: "This is a military that if you ran them against the Iraqi military in 1991, North Korea would lose," said Jennifer Lind, a professor at Dartmouth College.

Thing is North Korea has a ill equipped army, but it has a lot of cannon fodder, it would lose to South Korea easily, but the casualties would be massive as their troops are thrown against the superior might of South Korea.

Also on Industry when Kaesong was shut down, about 95% of raw materials came from South Korea. Also NK just introduced CNC technology in 2010 which the usa has had since the 40s. For them to buy a European Made CNC mill it would cost 176,202,701.42 North Korean WOn, or about $195,779.90 per an average bottom of the line basic mill. My father who has his own machine shop and has worked in many says that it is very easy to crash and ruin the entire machine if not properly trained people run them. also NKs GDP equalled 1.933 trillon won = $2,147,768,078.64 US for the entire country which most is given in the millitary and high ranking officals. for the US sequester defence budget cuts wer 46 Billion SO thats not too many CNC machines they can get without having to cut the precious millitary. Also A CNC is like a GIant drill press if you dont have the R & D to make something. that technolgy may make NKs slightly better if that but would cost too much for them to effectivly use it

If we were talking about the 1950s or 1960s when the two countries had largely equal footing I would agree. But South Korea has become far more technologically advanced than North Korea, especially when it comes to Sea and Air based military, as such they would easily take air superiority away from North Korea. Remember South Korea did not have billions upon billions of dollars in U.S. weapons at the start of the Korean war, they do now. Second it does not matter if North Korea is a nuclear state or not, when they have no ability to deliver a nuclear warhead. From most indications they still have not perfected miniaturizing it. Third it is all that U.S. military aid that is a help to South Korea that gives the U.S. it's leash to the country.

Yeah and North Korea was behind this despicable attack, your point?

If China doesn't interfere? They could wipe out North Korea within months, not only do they have a better equipped army, but they would control air and sea almost immediately, and North Korea would be at their mercy.

Well first their inability to properly launch missiles does not help the perception that they are a struggling military. Second lets look at their airforce as air superiority is pretty much everything. From a quick bit of research they run, MiG-21s, Shenyang F-6B, MiG-17, Shenyang F-5, and finally MiG-29. Everything but the MiG-29s are practically 60 years old, with the MiG-29s being 30 years old. Meanwhile the South Korean air force runs Boeing F-15K, KAI FA-50, Lockheed F-16, F-4s, and F-5s. Their military consists of jets that are mainly 40/50 year old designs, but also has the KAI FA-50s which is less than 10 years old. Point goes to South Korea.

I can go through the navy and rest, but I think I have made myself clear with the airforce. North Korea is using antiquated weapons that are more appropriate for the first Korean War than today, they would not be able to withstand a South Korean assault.

Well, you certainly could be right. Fortunately (or is it unfortunately) we'll probably never get to find out, it can fun to consider though.

And to kenshin akagi, I am puzzled, I thought if I was obviously trolling it would be against the rules. Maybe I should report myself.

And to kenshin akagi, I am puzzled, I thought if I was obviously trolling it would be against the rules. Maybe I should report myself.

I think this kind of goes back to what I said before. Your support for North Korea is kind of mind boggling to the point of like some one supporting Pol Pot, or Mao after the "Great Leap Forward". North Korean's leadership has done so many acts of unspeakable evil it is hard to see anyone being even mildly supportive of them or on their side.

I think this kind of goes back to what I said before. Your support for North Korea is kind of mind boggling to the point of like some one supporting Pol Pot, or Mao after the "Great Leap Forward". North Korean's leadership has done so many acts of unspeakable evil it is hard to see anyone being even mildly supportive of them or on their side.

Of course I understand where you and others are coming from. I don't want to start going back and forth again but I'm not 'all' for the DPRK as I've expressed often, even if some are intent on thinking that.

Don't get me started on Chairman Mao and the Khmer Rouge :)

Let me guess, you think they were the best thing that could've ever happened to their nations? Not to be rude or anything, but your behavior thus far really hasn't inspired confidence in your ability to see evil for what it is.

Let me guess, you think they were the best thing that could've ever happened to their nations? Not to be rude or anything, but your behavior thus far really hasn't inspired confidence in your ability to see evil for what it is.

I don't want to go off topic with those others so I won't go into them. Back to Korea, you're not being rude, I understand why you might say that but it's not true that I don't see the evil in north Korea, I do. I certainly don't think that Kim Il-sung and the Worker's Party was the best thing to happen to the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom