• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Null

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, freezing the floor was a poor move, seeing as Genesis had vanished down the corridor. The woman kept doing backflips as she moved down the prison's halls, twisting her body as a contortionist might. Soon enough, she was out of sight.

Aya leaped on the walls, propelling herself off at a high speed with repulsion. Before Genesis could get away, the woman magnetized her feet to the floor, making to leave her stationary.

The man's escape plans appeared to be just as foiled, with him coming up to a brick wall. Quickly, he drew a marker from his coat, writing a number of symbols at an inhuman speed on the wall. The runes he made crafted a sigil, one that he waited to activate as Dawn approached.

"You're not getting me..." he muttered, putting his hand to it.

An massive force would be exerted from it, filling that entire hallway from end to end. Unfortunately, he too was caught in the blast, trying to resist it from tearing him apart.

Wake was hit with the bullet, retaliating with his own bullet at close range. This one was aimed directly for center mass. Jumping back, the male let out a breath as his wound began to seep blood. "Damn Riftwalkers..." he muttered to himself.

Standing up, he looked around before jumping up to higher elevation and opting to head into the building through a hatch.

--

Jett was brought to the office of Rose. The woman nodded to the soldier as he entered. "Welcome back, Agent. Good to see you in one piece."

"You Riftwalkers are persistent, I'll give you that." Genesis remarked. "But, if you want information... I'm afraid I can't do that." The woman gave a wry smile.

"If I hadn't gone all-out, I'd be missing a few parts" Jett sighed, removing his coat to reveal the wrapped portion of his shoulder. After setting the coat over the back of a chair, he sat down, icy arms behind his head as he looked back at Rose.

"Oh, don't worry, we've got ways of making people talk," Aya answered back, walking toward her. She held her gun up at the woman's head. "I can ask as a precursor - who are you?"

--

"Indeed," Rose continued typing on a holographic screen. "The creatures coming out of the rift are getting stronger and stronger nowadays. That tells us that the rift surge is coming."

"Do you think we're seriously ready for that? If the cadet was of any recruit...." Jett asked, his voice trailing off as he realized what he'd just brought up. So much for avoiding that topic.

Robin had rounded the corner when the blast happened, the recoil blasting her off her feet and into the wall. Robin moaned and rubbed her head and looked at the man, trying to gather her thoughts.

"Well, not a Riftwalker, as you are. My name is Genesis." She answered, cocking her head. "Now, allow me to ask a question, Agent of Null..." Her blank expression changed into a smile, though her eyes didn't match the expression. "Why don't you kill me now? It would save you a lot of trouble, really."

Nicol saw Wake turn around, eyes staring at his before he threw himself back, the bullet hitting his side and throwing him back. He groaned loudly as he saw Wake beginning to head towards higher ground. Clenching his fists he gritted his teeth, more electricity cackling around his body as his hair spiked up and began to let out sparks, his body in turn becoming more like electricity. Once this was done Nicol vanished, moving like a flash before he appeared in front of Wake, eyes filled with Killing intent before he threw his fist forward and sent out a barrage of lightnings down on the man.

"Kill you? Honey please. Killing now would be a waste when we could have so much fun with you, and get so much information," Marissa said, her voice taking on a southern accent as she gently moved one of her blades lightly over the girls skin. "Now the question is do you wish to do this the easy way or the fun way?" she asked, her voice excited, a rather disturbing smile present.

"I do believe the correct expression for this would be 'do your worst', no?" Genesis pondered aloud. "Ask the question, if you would. I'll decide if it's worthy of an answer."

"You guys are awfully quiet" Curt said to his co-workers while checking the bodies. He was taking mental notes on their condition, making sure that he'll remember the injuries when he imitates them later.

"Now, our siblings' purpose is to subdue the man, since he's impossible to kill.. You might want to find Splinter for any other information regarding that, though." Genesis' eyes gained a dead look as her expression reverted to a blank stare.

Last edited:
"Splinter your boss?" Aya asked, cocking her gun.

The answer would be interrupted by a loud crashing sound inside of the prison. Aya looked around, before turning back to Genesis. "Was that one of you?"

The man leaned on the wall, turning around to see if his attack had done anything. Of course, he wasn't that lucky; Dawn had simply moved out of the way. "Dammit..."

Wake was hit by the lightning, being sent back into the wall. "Shit..." he muttered, looking at Nicol. "So fast. You're much faster than any Russian Riftwalker I've met. Is that just an American thing?"

--

"A lot of things. Two more people found totally gutted clean; no trace of anything incriminating," he whispered to the three. "It's becoming a bit of a ghost story in the city, now."
@Flaze; @SukiWooper; @Midorikawa;

--

Rose lowered her head a bit. "I don't think we're ready for it here. At least, not entirely. Too many humans get in the way of a Riftwalker's work," she said. "That's why you need to be taken to a place where your powers can flourish - where it'll contribute to more than just my squad."

She typed on the screen, showing a projection of the Void Response Corps' base. "You'll be going here. They're the now promoted Sector IV and some of Sector II - all Riftwalkers. Ten of them, to be exact."

Last edited:
"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit impressed. Most of the time when I complain it doesn't do anything" Jett remarked as he studied the projection. After a few moments, he looked back at Rose and asked "What are their records like?"

"Splinter Cacciola... American names, I swear." She muttered, before speaking up once more. "An employer, if you could call it that. He has, how you say, 'a few screws loose'."

"Exemplary," she responded to Jett. "Four of them have been Agents for more than four years." she pulled up their pictures collectively. "They have a current 92% success rate; extremely good, considering they've only been around for about 2 years. A total of over 30 important missions under their belts," she didn't even need to read down the page. To her, it was like bragging about her own children. "And they won the war for us. So, you'll be in good hands."

--

"... you said something about a cursed daughter. Who was she?" Aya asked, eyes still looking back toward the other hall where the explosion came from.

"Another thing you'd need to ask the man. I've only seen her.. Once. Long, wavy dark brown, almost black hair. Dark skin. Eyes...weren't normal. I don't think." Genesis remarked, closing her eyes as a slight frown contorted her features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom