• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nuzlocke Challenge status

My nuzlocke ended the other day. I ended up losing all of my Pokémon except my final six to wild ones. Damn crits... I lost to Gary motherfucking Oak at the rival battle after you beat Giovanni in FireRed. His Alakazam just OHKO'd half my team with Psychic after a calm mind.

So RIP to:
Frenzy the Mankey
Wayne the Zubat
Lunesta the Butterfree
Capone the Meowth
and my final 6 the Gary beat:
Zynx the Jynx
Blitzkrieg the Jolteon
Pogo the Blastoise
Demon the Nidoking
Tajiri the Hitmonlee
Bocephus the Snorlax

I'll be updating my Nuzlocke Chronicles pretty soon; I'm just looking for a good cutoff point for my current rambles.

Right now I'm busy wiping out everyone on the S.S. Anne. It's incredibly easy because Jormungand, my Gyarados, is a destroyer of worlds.

so i totally started this on my firered. im past rock tunnel and wow its annoying at times. lots a bunch of nice guys but thank god i still have my ivysaur and my nidoking. spearow and rattata are dangerous now. trying to level grind my growlithe and meowth. need to get them up to par with the rest

Last edited:
I've just beaten the Hearthome Gym in Platinum.
Current Pokes
Kristine (Monferno-F)-starter
Robert (Staravia-M)-first catch
Alex (Luxray*-M)-yes, shiny. First Poke on route was SHINY. My best member of the team.
Philip (Pachirisu-M)-pickup helps out a LOT.
Ashley (Togepi-F)-new. EXP Share grinding made her become Lv. 22. In less than an hour.
Cara (Buneary-F)-she helps out a lot, especially with her jump kick!
2. Tavern:
Dawn (Chingling-F)-replacement for Ashley.
Alan (Roselia-M)-replacement for Philip.
Veronica (Ralts-F)-replacement for Cara.
Ian (Unown-P)-replacement for... er... nothing.
3. Cemetery:
R. I. P. Cynthia the Geodude F, Lv. 6-11- Murdered by wild Shellos-she was going to be part of the ultimate team, but yeah...
R. I. P. Stephen the Bronzor, Lv. 16-16 - Murdered by a trainer's Ponyta-during trying to train, I accidentally pressed attack instead of change Pokemon.
R. I. P. Chris the Machop M, Lv. 7-18 - Murdered by a trainer's Shinx-main factor of winning the first gym.

Last edited:
beat whiytney
i thought it would be harder than that.

More metronome surprised from togipie

read my blog damn you.

I migrated all my Emerald Pokemon over to Diamond ages ago, but after the new Battle Frontier, I wanted to go back to the old one as I think it's much better. So I thought I'd play through the main in Nuzlocke mode. Never taken the challenge before. I thought I'd give my Pokemon 3 lives each...can't believe my Poochyena Cerberis managed to die three times already. @_@ I've also lost a wurmple in training.

Currenly on under the cycling route beefing up for Brendan with:

Larkin, Combusken lv21
Zed, Wingull lv21
Macknife, Makuhita lv21
Helit, Electrike lv15

Still going in Ruby.

Four fatalities, 8 badges. Time to level grind like hell.

Will update blog soon. V

Fire Red nuzlocke

Pokemon:
Eddie (Blastoise) lvl 39
Banger (Electrode) lvl 32
CH'DING (Farfetch'd) lvl 16 (in-game trade)
Putley (Gastly) lvl 16

In reserve:
Sam (Geodude) lvl 16

Deceased:
Digby (Diglett) lvl 19
Mark (Meowth) lvl 18
Pidgo (Pidgeotto) lvl 34
Dapper (Growlithe) lvl 21

I finally started picking up where I left off on Emerald, I'll update in my blog later but I'll post my team so far (in order of power, by level)

- Pumpkin (Blaziken)
- Psyche (Beautifly)
- Woobie (Loudred)
- Mr. T (Tentacool)
- Wynaut (unamed atm).

No fatalities so far.

I need a flyer but I dont know what yet. I'm at the foot of the weather institute route into Fortree so there's always Tropius but idk...

Fire Red nuzlocke

Deceased:
Digby (Diglett) lvl 19
Mark (Meowth) lvl 18
Pidgo (Pidgeotto) lvl 34
Dapper (Growlithe) lvl 21

Wow, that one must of stung :/

i started one on firered today. this whole experience has proven to be both terrifying and horrendously fun.

team:
ivysaur (kemu) - lv. 23
pidgeotto (presley) - lv. 23
drowzee (stephanus) - lv. 18

casualties:
diglett (trina) - lv. 19. i was especially upset about this one because she was proving to be a great addition to my team when all of a sudden she got OHKO'd by a crit hit quick attack :(
zubat (dante) - lv. 16
caterpie (alec) - lv. 5

i am currently at vermilion city, training stephanus to be on par with the other two before i board the SS anne.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom